Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2011-01-29

grey Wrote:how about via addons on xbmc 10? is there latest version?

No, it's not in the official XBMC repo. After the next release I will be setting up a repository for reFocus which will be the way to get unstable releases, stable releases will keep on being distributed as they are now (through the Google code page)

- Jeroen - 2011-01-29

I've been working on better visibility of the unwatched indicator. Something I'm thinking about (some more tweaking would be done on it):

Thoughts on it appreciated

- Amelandbor - 2011-01-29

I like the idea, but I think it needs some work to create a more realistic look.

- DPickles - 2011-01-29

Nice, I like that. Not to sure about the purple though. Perhaps orange would contrast the blue more? Even a light blue would be nice, although I'm not sure if it would stand out.

- supertom44 - 2011-01-29

The only thing that concerns me is the actual indicator itself a star, to me that doesn't tell me if I have watched it or not, looking at it makes me think its a favourited movie or something similar.

- matt1697 - 2011-01-29

Yeah I'd like to see some orange in there, goes great with blue imo. Not sure how well it would work in this instance though with the white star on top of it.

- Jeroen - 2011-01-29

DPickles Wrote:Nice, I like that. Not to sure about the purple though. Perhaps orange would contrast the blue more? Even a light blue would be nice, although I'm not sure if it would stand out.

Yeah I tried variations of blue and it doesn't really work out, it tends to get lost in the overall look, if that makes sense.

The problem is I want the notification to stand out more, but I don't want it to stand out too much either Rolleyes (I'm difficult, I know Laugh )

Orange tends to really stand out too much imo. Plus, orange tends to get icky when you use shading on it. And orange isn't used anywhere else in the skin.

I tried the purple mainly because it will be a color you will see elsewhere in the skin (in the PVR), so it doesn't feel "alien/random" And I've come to like the blue purple combo in the PVR quite a lot.

Another choice would be green, as it is used in other elements of the skin too, albeit limited. Also, green tends to be associated with going, starting, and somehow I associate that with "new". And green generally combines well with blue.

quick try-outs:

- Jeroen - 2011-01-29

supertom44 Wrote:The only thing that concerns me is the actual indicator itself a star, to me that doesn't tell me if I have watched it or not, looking at it makes me think its a favourited movie or something similar.

Yes that's a good point, and I feel the same. I guess it was the closest to symbols like this:

The problem with that however is because the images are relatively small in dimension, simpler forms tend to work better as a lot of detail gets lost in the scaling down, making the symbol get "less defined".

I'll see if I can get to some middle ground though.

- Kolabor - 2011-01-29

Green indicator looks good Jeroen. How about dark red? Maybe user could select color?

What about something simple like adding a small "w" in the centre of the star, and darken it ever so slightly so it just stands out from the background of the star but is not obtrusive, although might look a little tacky.

- Gotcha007 - 2011-01-29

I would say Orange is not bad at all

- Japaja - 2011-01-29

Purple gets my vote. Yeah word "NEW" would work better if it could fit while being clear/readable enough. How about an alternative look, something like this on top right of posters.

- Jeroen - 2011-01-29

Japaja Wrote:Purple gets my vote. Yeah word "NEW" would work better if it could fit while being clear/readable enough.
I don't want to use words or characters representing words as that would tie it to a specific language. It needs to be universal/international. Also, unwatched doesn't necessarily mean new. I have movies from months ago I still have to watch Laugh But that's nitpicking I know Wink

Quote:How about an alternative look, something like this on top right of posters.
That's nice too. I've tried something like that a while ago actually. I liked it, but ultimately I like the page peel effect better.

- Jaypeg - 2011-01-29

Kolabor Wrote:Green indicator looks good Jeroen. How about dark red? Maybe user could select color?

Dark red sounds hawt! I like the colors you've presented as well Jeroen, green probably being my favorite. Happy that you're changing the "watched" display!

"!" could work.

Were talking about unwatched flags not watched flags correct? See thats the problem with the star i have no idea which it is lol.

I had an idea a while back about putting a transparent overlay on the poster of unwatched items that made it look like it was still in its plastic wrapping, not sure it would work with this skin though.