Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2010-06-22

I guess that's what I get for leaving stuff in there that's not supposed to be turned on yet Rolleyes

To activate the script it has to be selected as the default addon for that activity. There's settings needed to do that, these are in custom1_SkinSettings.xml

You obviously know how to uncomment code so I'll let you figure out the rest. Your warranty is now void Wink

- oo_void - 2010-06-22

I really like this one, very clean. I especially like the full screen Slide view. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

- nickkarstedt - 2010-06-22

Love this skin! Can't wait to see what kind of views you create or use for music (Mainly Artist list)

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-23

Jeroen Wrote:Oh right, that reminds me I have to ask jmarshall about that. I asked for that feature (percentage label instead of progressbar) but it has only worked for the music scanner and not the video scanner. Thanks

Kind of in the same vein, it would great if you could incorporate the volume progress into this section as well. As it is, in my opinion, the volume dialog just doesn't fit the rest of the theme. It seems most of the progress indicators (Scanning Media dialog, Now Playing dialog, etc) appear here and then there's the volume dialog that pops up out of nowhere.

I've added this for myself and it works nicely. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there, take it however you like.

I've found a few other things (missing tv studio images, misaligned dialogs, etc). Perhaps a Bug List thread should be open to help keep things separate?

- Jeroen - 2010-06-23

Sranshaft Wrote:Kind of in the same vein, it would great if you could incorporate the volume progress into this section as well. As it is, in my opinion, the volume dialog just doesn't fit the rest of the theme. It seems most of the progress indicators (Scanning Media dialog, Now Playing dialog, etc) appear here and then there's the volume dialog that pops up out of nowhere.

I've added this for myself and it works nicely. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there, take it however you like.

Except the volume dialog doesn't indicate a progress. I had it in that area before, but it was messy. So many things using the same place (notifications as well for instance), and I feel a graphical indication of the volume level provides a better indication than a textlabel.
All in all I'm quite happy with the current method.

Quote:I've found a few other things (missing tv studio images, misaligned dialogs, etc). Perhaps a Bug List thread should be open to help keep things separate?
Yeah, for now I'm fine with how it is as there's bugs I'm aware of that need to be fixed first, but at a later moment I'll probably create a separate thread.

As for missing studio images I'll probably open a separate thread for that too.

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-23

No worries mate. I can completely understand wanting to get the known bugs squashed and everything neat and tidy for a 1.0 release. I'll definitely keep track of everything I see for when you need it.

Thanks a lot for the excellent skin and all the time you've put into it!

- bosel - 2010-06-23

wow, just stumbled upon this skin today. very, very well done.
small request: could you please make it possible for video plugins to show up after the first video menu item? at the moment the only way to reach them is through browse/ video plugins/addon. i think it would be nice to see the individual video plugin at the same "level" as browse.

- Jeroen - 2010-06-23

bosel Wrote:wow, just stumbled upon this skin today. very, very well done.
small request: could you please make it possible for video plugins to show up after the first video menu item? at the moment the only way to reach them is through browse/ video plugins/addon. i think it would be nice to see the individual video plugin at the same "level" as browse.

Yes, this will be possible in the next release. This part of xbmc has been subject to many changes lately (more info). So there was a menu item for plugins, but I took it out because the part of the library it referred to was removed from xbmc (well, at least the nightly builds).
So next release there will be an add-ons entry in the submenus.

- handsomepete - 2010-06-24

Many thanks for the skin Jeroen. Its great.

Some issues I noticed:

On the Profile login screen using the numerical keyboard you cannot see what has been pressed.

The busy dialog is very hard to see in some views and should be moved.

I get stuck sometimes and have to go forward to go back( if that makes sense)

Thanks again Jeroen, older skins do not compare.

- Jeroen - 2010-06-24

jabba200 Wrote:Many thanks for the skin Jeroen. Its great.

Some issues I noticed:

On the Profile login screen using the numerical keyboard you cannot see what has been pressed.

The busy dialog is very hard to see in some views and should be moved.

I get stuck sometimes and have to go forward to go back( if that makes sense)

Thanks again Jeroen, older skins do not compare.

Thanks for the feedback, the bug in the numpad totally escaped me.

I agree on the visibility of the busy dialog. I'll be keeping it it in the same place probably but take different approach to make it more visible.

Can you elaborate on the third issue a bit? It's not really clear to me what you are referring to

Thanks,
Jeroen

- XBMCG33K - 2010-06-24

A couple things I'm seeing that I might change if it was me.

First:

As you can see in the below image you have some stretching going on on the corners. This IS something a lot of skins have if the images are stretched. What fixed it in xperience was images the proper size of the coding.

As you can see you have stretching on the border AND the poster diffuse. Would be really easy to make images in the proper size to fix it.

This doesn't seem to be so bad in other areas of the skin but it would be worth looking into.

Second:

An option for capital letters rather than lower case for the skins font would be awesome in my opinion.

Another thing which is probably something only really anal people care about is the aspect ratio of the posters. It seems to me your diffuse cuts some posters off a little. Only in a handful of my posters does it do this but like I said maybe it's just my picky-ness lol

I'll let you know if I see much else.

- handsomepete - 2010-06-24

Jeroen Wrote:Thanks for the feedback, the bug in the numpad totally escaped me.

I agree on the visibility of the busy dialog. I'll be keeping it it in the same place probably but take different approach to make it more visible.

Can you elaborate on the third issue a bit? It's not really clear to me what you are referring to

Thanks,
Jeroen

The third issue was just me not figuring about pressing the left arrow instead of back/menu. nevermind. Confused

Another small issue, in the weather page it constantly says update in the top right hand corner above the time.

- Galefury - 2010-06-24

Is not a bug, it shows the last time weather was updated.

- Jeroen - 2010-06-24

XBMCG33K Wrote:As you can see in the below image you have some stretching going on on the corners. This IS something a lot of skins have if the images are stretched. What fixed it in xperience was images the proper size of the coding.

As you can see you have stretching on the border AND the poster diffuse. Would be really easy to make images in the proper size to fix it.
The tricky part there in files mode is that the thumbs are set to keep the aspectratio. So they are going to be stretched more in certain situations. The thumbs can be 4:3, 16:9, and everything in between. So because of that the diffuse and bordertexture are going to get stretched. In the library you can more or less know in advance what kind of thumb there's going to be in the viewtype (posters, banners, episode thumbs, landscape, potrait, etc) so you can make a diffuse and bordertexture specifically for that.
I don't know any coding solution for the issue in filemode, but if there is, I'll be glad to see it Smile
The ideal solution would be if we could set border coordinates for diffuse textures but I don't think you can.

Quote:Another thing which is probably something only really anal people care about is the aspect ratio of the posters. It seems to me your diffuse cuts some posters off a little. Only in a handful of my posters does it do this but like I said maybe it's just my picky-ness lol
I consider myself pretty anal Smile So that one bugs me a bit too, but it all comes down to a compromise. I want all the posters to have the same dimensions, and because there is no real dimensions standard as far as the scrapers are concerned then some cutting is inevitable. Unless I set it to stretch, but given the choice I would rather have some cutting than distorted images. The cutting isn't cause by the diffuse in any case.

Quote:I'll let you know if I see much else.
Thanks Smile

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-24

Have you considered using a border size? This way when it resizes the image, it'll keep the border the same size and only resize the interior of the image. You'd utilize it by using something like this:

Code:
<texture border="5">mytexture.png</texture>

You can change out border="5" with border="[align=left], [align=right], [top], [bottom]".