Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2011-07-02

MrLobster Wrote:I've always had a few niggles with most skins, and reFocus unfortunately has a few too.

1) Scrolling up and down, goes through the list and rolls over once you hit the top and bottom. But left and right activates the views change etc.

I would like to have scrolling free on all sides, and have view change (and everything else) on the context menu. Just seems more natural to me.

The context menu is hardcoded in XBMC, skins cannot change or add what shows up there. Besides, the context menu contains functionality that applies to the selected item. View changes and all the other options in the side menu however do not to the selected item.

- spoco2 - 2011-07-05

I gave 9.1 a good shot with the latest nightly, but unfortunately had to endure:
* Repeated messages saying that plugin 'x' was marked as broken in the repository and would I like to disable it?... well, no, because they work fine.
* Two cases of Vista closing XBMC for data execution violations.

Back to proper xbmc release and last version of ReFocus and all happy again

Big Grin

Looking forward to this when it settles down though as it had some nice improvements Smile

- Sranshaft - 2011-07-05

spoco2 Wrote:I gave 9.1 a good shot with the latest nightly, but unfortunately had to endure:
* Repeated messages saying that plugin 'x' was marked as broken in the repository and would I like to disable it?... well, no, because they work fine.
* Two cases of Vista closing XBMC for data execution violations.

Back to proper xbmc release and last version of ReFocus and all happy again

Big Grin

Looking forward to this when it settles down though as it had some nice improvements Smile

I guess it depends on what build you were using and where you got the build from. I've been using the July 4th build and haven't noticed a single problem. In fact, scrolling is even faster than it was before and I'm not getting the micro-pauses I was in previous builds.

I do remember trying out the ~June 26th build and experienced the kind of broken addons you stated but that's been fixed for several builds now.

- bandelguy - 2011-07-06

@JEROEN: Do you have any plans for using svn for updates for the skin?

- Jeroen - 2011-07-06

bandelguy Wrote:@JEROEN: Do you have any plans for using svn for updates for the skin?

Yes, expect details about that to be announced soon.
Currently I am in the process of optimizing my code (which is going really well, I am cutting down the code by A LOT), which should squeeze some more performance out and make further development easier for me Smile
Because of that though, stuff is currently breaking on a regular basis, so you wouldn't want to run those builds Laugh
So when that's finished I'll put out a new release, a repository add-on and put out details for svn access.

- Kolabor - 2011-07-07

Sweet!

While optimizing code Jeroen... could You make an option to disable startup animation? I could edit xmls personally, but when You'll be releasing reFocus on SVN repo, then editing them (or it) everytime would be troublesome.

And one more thing. The background in startup animation isn't truly black I think Smile

- Sabish - 2011-07-07

Hi everybody,

Quick question : is there any way to change the color of the currently playing song from green to another color ? I've made several searches on the forum, but i can't find any answer to that question...

Also, i would like white overlay to be automatically focused on the currently playing song (currently, it stays on the first song played)

Thanks in advance !

- accordex - 2011-07-10

Hi, I like this skin...it is very fast and nice...my only problem is....

Why is there no option to show Movies/TV shows (library mode) and regular videos (specified folders) like every other skin has?

- otcho - 2011-07-11

accordex Wrote:Hi, I like this skin...it is very fast and nice...my only problem is....

Why is there no option to show Movies/TV shows (library mode) and regular videos (specified folders) like every other skin has?

Because it's not intend to be.

- Jeroen - 2011-07-11

Kolabor Wrote:I could edit xmls personally, but when You'll be releasing reFocus on SVN repo, then editing them (or it) everytime would be troublesome.
That can be said about every personal preference that anyone wants to change in a (personal) mod. Providing an option for everything for that sake isn't really an option for me Wink But using a repo would actually allow you to make your changes and set it up so that they will not be overwritten when you pull an update.

Sabish Wrote:Hi everybody,
Quick question : is there any way to change the color of the currently playing song from green to another color ?[/COLOR]
Changing the color value for "Selected" in colors/default.xml should take care of that (in most places)

Quote:Also, i would like white overlay to be automatically focused on the currently playing song (currently, it stays on the first song played)
I'm not quite sure which view or screen you're referring to.

accordex Wrote:Why is there no option to show Movies/TV shows (library mode)
Movies and tv shows are part of the video menu, because I feel it makes sense hierarchically, especially now since files and library mode have been merged. Providing an option for it is non-trivial (I would have to make two separate homescreen menus basically), so that won't happen. Also, the way XBMC handles homescreen menus will change in the future allowing customization of the homescreen menu items from within XBMC itself so skins won't have to use tons of conditional settings.
Quote:and regular videos (specified folders) like every other skin has?

You can assign smartplaylists to the video menu. Static folders is what favourites are for imo.

- leodido - 2011-07-11

Thanks a lot for the work on the skin, it's awesome and pretty!

I have a small question thought. I think my remote control (Microsoft MCE) is missing some of the function. I couldn't for example find how to mark an episode as watched? I have plenty of show with earlier episode where I already watched them.

What would be the best way to know if the important XBMC functions are correctly mapped to my remote or not? I understand this is not a skin issue but I'm not sure where to ask otherwise.

- Jeroen - 2011-07-13

leodido Wrote:Thanks a lot for the work on the skin, it's awesome and pretty!

I have a small question thought. I think my remote control (Microsoft MCE) is missing some of the function. I couldn't for example find how to mark an episode as watched? I have plenty of show with earlier episode where I already watched them.

What would be the best way to know if the important XBMC functions are correctly mapped to my remote or not? I understand this is not a skin issue but I'm not sure where to ask otherwise.

Thanks, you're welcome.
Can't be of too much help with the MCE remote I'm afraid. I believe the MCE remote should work pretty much correctly out of the box though. I think it's best to post your question in the general help and support forum section.

- MaDDoGo - 2011-07-13

Galefury Wrote:Good job, mate. However, when choosing a banner, only displays the names of the banner, not the image itself.

Sorry, I've been busy. I have no idea why this is happening... but it happens with all contents (banner, logo, cleartart, etc) Anyone has any idea of why?

- dnalleh - 2011-07-14

How can i access my files i file mode? I dont want to have everything in library

- Sranshaft - 2011-07-14

dnalleh Wrote:How can i access my files i file mode? I dont want to have everything in library

From the main menu, Videos > Browse.