Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- deanmv - 2011-08-18

Jeroen Wrote:I believe it may have to do with reFocus having the logo downloader script set as a dependency while that one's not available on the pre-Eden repository.

Try removing this line:

<import addon="script.logo-downloader" version="2.0"/>

from reFocus's addon.xml And repackage the zip file. Or unpack the reFocus skin folder manually. Not sure how that works on the ATV2, using SSL I believe?

FINALLY got it! I tried that and unpacking and lots of other things and to be honest I don't quite know what worked. SSH has been playing up loads recently but I just went into settings and noticed it was there to enable so I did and it works fine. I think the sounds have broken but they never got send across properly. Will need to test that out, the fastest skin I have used on ATV2 though. Highly recommended!

Update: It wasn't working in the first place as I didn't have enough space on my ATV so the whole file wasn't copying over yet there was no error when I transferred it. I cleared some room re-done it and it worked fine. Only two things now, when I boot it up it plays the little ReFoces intro then the screen is blank until I press a button. Not sure why but thought I would let you know. Also is there anyway for it to remember the covers of movies? It will load them all, then when I scroll right to view more of my films it will load them, if I go back to the previous ones which it has already loaded, it would have forgotten them and has to reload them which is a little unnatural I thought.

Thanks.

I've seen this too.. - donut4000 - 2011-08-18

I think it may be a nightly build you could be running - this is a problem I have only recently developed, and seem to remember one of the dev's mentioning it was a known problem, post-recent merge. Should be fixed soon apparently. Your fix is the only one I know of - if indeed you are running a nightly from during the last couple of weeks...Smile
Quote:Update: It wasn't working in the first place as I didn't have enough space on my ATV so the whole file wasn't copying over yet there was no error when I transferred it. I cleared some room re-done it and it worked fine. Only two things now, when I boot it up it plays the little ReFoces intro then the screen is blank until I press a button. Not sure why but thought I would let you know. Also is there anyway for it to remember the covers of movies? It will load them all, then when I scroll right to view more of my films it will load them, if I go back to the previous ones which it has already loaded, it would have forgotten them and has to reload them which is a little unnatural I thought.

Thanks.

- deanmv - 2011-08-18

donut4000 Wrote:I think it may be a nightly build you could be running - this is a problem I have only recently developed, and seem to remember one of the dev's mentioning it was a known problem, post-recent merge. Should be fixed soon apparently. Your fix is the only one I know of - if indeed you are running a nightly from during the last couple of weeks...Smile

I am running the nightly from 8th August and the poster problem is my main thing I want to get solved but trying the fix here now to see if that solves it.

- cedell - 2011-08-20

Jeroen Wrote:The gap is intentional

Wow, really? It doesn't seem to (thematically) go with anything else, so I assumed it was a bug. Even my girlfriend commented on how it looked broken, so now I wince every time I see it. And since I'm constantly hitting the info button to see how long the show/movie has been running it drives me nuts.

Could you point me in the direction as to where I can tweak it in the xml then? Much appreciated!!!

- MaDDoGo - 2011-08-22

Hi Jeroen,

thanks for sharing the git url so we can follow the updates on the project Smile Do you want to know if we found any bugs or we may keep it to ourselves? I know what annoying can be to have so many people talking about bugs in a non-finished thing. So you have the final word Tongue

Cheers!

- aoaaron - 2011-08-22

Thank you for this skin! I'm running XBMC on an ER1401 on windows 7 and every skin either looks ugly or the good ones were too sluggish!

I disabled global fanart and wow, this looks amazing yet still saving me a lot of investment in hardware whilst still keeping top top performance.

i love the interface going away from XBMC and more towards windows. Top top skin for anyone who has a poor system yet still wants it to look good!

- aoaaron - 2011-08-23

bug using this remote:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/windows-media-centre-remote-control-218643

whenever I enter a window where I have to type, the window locks me out and I need to reconnect a keyboard to be able to exit it. Any fixes?

I have use virtual keyboard ticked, should I untick it?

- Jeroen - 2011-08-24

MaDDoGo Wrote:Hi Jeroen,

thanks for sharing the git url so we can follow the updates on the project Smile Do you want to know if we found any bugs or we may keep it to ourselves? I know what annoying can be to have so many people talking about bugs in a non-finished thing. So you have the final word Tongue

Cheers!

For the moment only bug reports on stable releases please. After the next release I'll think about how to go from there. Maybe a separate thread for the git version or something I'm not sure.

aoaaron Wrote:Thank you for this skin! I'm running XBMC on an ER1401 on windows 7 and every skin either looks ugly or the good ones were too sluggish!

I disabled global fanart and wow, this looks amazing yet still saving me a lot of investment in hardware whilst still keeping top top performance.

i love the interface going away from XBMC and more towards windows. Top top skin for anyone who has a poor system yet still wants it to look good!

Thanks aoaaron, glad you like it. I think with the next stable release you'll be seeing more performance improvements Smile

aoaaron Wrote:bug using this remote:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/windows-media-centre-remote-control-218643

whenever I enter a window where I have to type, the window locks me out and I need to reconnect a keyboard to be able to exit it. Any fixes?

I have use virtual keyboard ticked, should I untick it?

I think you have to check "remote control sends keyboard presses" in settings->system->input devices

Unless you use sms style typing, leave the virtual keyboard checked. Unchecking hides the osd keyboard keys for people that use a full querty keyboard and don't need the onscreen keys.

- Jeroen - 2011-08-24

Been experimenting with a new homescreen concept.

This homescreen adresses some of the wishes that have come along since the very beginning of the skin.

For starters selecting one of the main categories (movies, tvshows, etc) takes you right into that section.
Pressing right on the main categories expands the submenu with items like new movies, genres, etc.
Pressing right on a second category expands that one and collapses the previously expanded category.
Pressing left on any of the main categories or subitems collapses the submenu and focuses on the main item again. This can also be done by pressing the back key. This has been a wish from quite a few people that was not possible until recent changes in XBMC allowing the back key to be used for menu navigation.

Using the back key for this has already been implemented in the current homescreen menu and in the window menus for the next release btw.

This is just an early concept, so don't mind the double clock. The colors aren't final either. Recently added items would have to be integrated somehow. I'm not even sure if it will be added, but so far I really like the way it works, very organic.

- otcho - 2011-08-24

Fantastic! I love it already!

Btw: I'll start translating 0.9.1 for german in the next few days.

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2011-08-25

nice concept.

It could be great if we can choose between this concept and actual home menu that I like too.

- Kolabor - 2011-08-25

Looks great.

- matt1697 - 2011-08-25

Absolutely love that homescreen concept. For me the current homescreen is worst part of a very good skin.

- loggio - 2011-08-25

love the new look, you managed to simplify and already simple design... and keep it's integrity.

I love it, MUCH MUCH BETTER!

Please keep the Movies and TVShows as part of the homescreen! i hate not having these in the homescreen.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Loggio

- Jeroen - 2011-08-25

wolfodeiwolfy Wrote:nice concept.

It could be great if we can choose between this concept and actual home menu that I like too.

If and when this will be made definitive I'll probably keep both for a release or two but eventually I will probably merge both into one.

loggio Wrote:love the new look, you managed to simplify and already simple design... and keep it's integrity.

I love it, MUCH MUCH BETTER!

Please keep the Movies and TVShows as part of the homescreen! i hate not having these in the homescreen.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Loggio
A benefit to this new menu is that it will be easier to provide toggles for things like that. So maybe, there will be an option to either keep them separate or have one video menu. The current menu consists of multiple submenus, while the new one uses just one total structure, making it much easier to enable customizations.
Another plus is that submenus can have more entries without running offscreen. So that opens up ways to add more custom playlist entries and stuff like that.