Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- ingrown - 2011-03-03

xjchew Wrote:Having a problem with this release on NZBMatrix.

http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=862726

CouchPotato managed to search and sent this version of the movie to SABNZBd where it downloaded correctly, but the folder doesn't have a .nfo, and CouchPotato attempts to delete the folder instead of detecting the movie and moving it to the destination folder.

Here's some logs.

16:41:55 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Tried to clean-up download folder, but '/volume1/Others/Movies/Tangled.2010.BluRay.x264.1080p.DTS.AC3.FGTR' isn't empty.
16:40:55 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Tried to clean-up download folder, but '/volume1/Others/Movies/Tangled.2010.BluRay.x264.1080p.DTS.AC3.FGTR' isn't empty.
16:39:55 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Tried to clean-up download folder, but '/volume1/Others/Movies/Tangled.2010.BluRay.x264.1080p.DTS.AC3.FGTR' isn't empty.

The folder name was actually "Tangled 2010 BluRay x264 1080p DTS AC3 FGTR" and the MKV was named "Tangled.2010.BluRay.1080p.DTS_AC3.Cust.NL.FGTR.mkv". But CouchPotato failed to recognize it and tries to remove the directory. Any help on this one?

I have personally tested moving folders which contain a single movie and a nfo file with the imdb link inside to the downloads folder and CouchPotato scans the .nfo and moves them correctly to the destination folder. But the same method isn't working with Tangled.

Description of successful testing which unfortunately doesn't work with Tangled:
- Created folder, for example "The Dark Knight"
- Put the movie file in "The Dark Knight"
- Created a NFO with the imdb link to the movie page and moved it into "The Dark Knight"
- Moved "The Dark Knight" into the download folder
- CouchPotato scans and moves the MKV to the destination folder and deletes "The Dark Knight"

I've tried to give the folder, the NFO file and the MKV the exact same name but with their own extensions and it still doesn't work for Tangled.

I struggled with this as well, it seems changing the .MKV extension to .mkv allowed the renamer to work properly.

- xjchew - 2011-03-03

ingrown Wrote:I struggled with this as well, it seems changing the .MKV extension to .mkv allowed the renamer to work properly.

I think you may be right about the solution.. have taken a look and all my movies are indeed .mkv while Tangled has .MKV. Have renamed it to .mkv extension, will update results in a few minutes in this post Smile

UPDATE: The change from uppercase extension to lowercase extension worked perfectly. Probably gotta let RuudBurger know about that.

- thesuffering - 2011-03-03

I have CP setup to download:
BR-RIP
DVD-Rip
Screener
R5
TC
in that order. When i told CP to search for Ramona and Beezus, it say it hasnt found anything, yet when i go to NZBMatrix i see:

Ramona And Beezus 2010 DVDRip XviD Larceny

why isnt it finding that? I have given it my nzbmatrix api.

Update:

it did finally find the above referenced nzb i found at nzbmatrix, but hours later. any reason it takes this long to find?

- DanXbix - 2011-03-04

i think its something to do with CP looks for DVD-Rip not DVDRip is driving me mad lol

- Romey-Rome - 2011-03-04

I don't get it...

Is it suposed to search nzbmatrix by the imdb id?

I get a url like:

Code:
http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=********&term=tt1645089&apikey=*******************************&subcat=42&searchin=weblink&english=1

Which is "Inside Job", and is clearly there, but CP can't find it.

- newtothis - 2011-03-04

Just one quick question
Can couchpotato rename and move on a network share?

- RuudBurger - 2011-03-04

@Romey-Rome:
Problem with the category. CP searches in HD Movies, but "inside job" is in HD Documentaries.

@newtothis:
Yes, it should, but on Windows mounting a share to a drive letter should work better.

- RuudBurger - 2011-03-04

A message to all who cares!

I've been neglecting the forums, I know!
I'm working on a better way to manage these tasks, like bugs, feature requests etc. I'm gonna try and solve this, starting now.

One thing that I hated was the GitHub issue page. That's why I spend all day to migrate and cleanup all the issues from github and put them on Lighthouse (http://couchpotato.lighthouseapp.com/projects/56809-couch-potato/tickets).
I think this will greatly improve my priorities and workflow. So I won't have to spend so much time managing issues on github.

Keep in mind I don't have time to responde to every single forum post! I see there are others helping me out on answering the "simple" questions. I really appreciate it.

Also a big thanks to all of you who have donated. Although I still earn less than those kids who make your Adidas. Making money is not my main priority with CP.

I'm working on a complete rewrite of CouchPotato, which should make coding in the future more efficient. Things like adding new nzb-providers etc, will be a lot easier.
This new version will also be totally API based, which means other apps can tap into the data of CP, via AJAX or JSONP. Making it API-based results in the front-end being all javascript/ajax. So no page loads.

Next to this I'm gonna wrap CouchPotato inside a Titanium (Desktop) App (http://www.appcelerator.com/). Making it instantly compatible with Windows, OSX and Linux. This includes autoupdater, dockicon, menu-bar icon and more! Making CouchPotato feel and act like a real app. No more "download source, copy somewhere, and hope it runs".
Of course, the source will still be available, and there will be a "headless" version, for all of you with a Linux server. This will be installed the same way as the current version, via Git/source.

Then there is the mobile app. With the api and all its data at my fingertips, a Mobile version will be easier to make. Also using Titanium (Mobile), this app will support both iOS and Android.

I can't give any estimates for all of this, as there is so much to do, and so little free time. It's a hobby project after all.
Thanks for reading and thanks for the 157!! pages of interest Big Grin

- Romey-Rome - 2011-03-04

RuudBurger Wrote:@Romey-Rome:
Problem with the category. CP searches in HD Movies, but "inside job" is in HD Documentaries..

DOH! Thanks....

- bmcclure937 - 2011-03-04

Thanks for the announcement RuudBurger!! It looks like CouchPotato has a bright future.

I will definitely continue using the "headless" version and hope the development remains the same for all application platforms. Big Grin

I love the web interface. I am hoping to see more work on post-processing and managing media. For example, if you already have movies in your library it would be nice for Couch Potato to have the option to manually process/rename them to match your selected naming scheme.

I know you are busy! I appreciate all of your hard work. Keep it up.

- RuudBurger - 2011-03-05

@bmcclure937
Every app platform has the same CouchPotato Base, which is the "headless" server. So whether your run the .exe, .app or the .py, CouchPotato will always be controlled via the browser. Remote or locally.
The cool thing about this is, you can install the .exe but point it to another install you run somewhere else (say, a server at home).

I'm also updating the database structure, so the management of files will be a lot more flexible. What you suggest will be possible.

- aaronb - 2011-03-05

Can you specify multiple XBMC libraries to update when CP is done downloading? For example, Sickbeard let's you input a comma-separated list of IP addresses so it will update all of you XBMC clients

- steve1977 - 2011-03-05

I would really love to see the option to have SB check with XBMC library whether the movie is already in the library. My database is quite large and I often forgot what movies I have actually already and what I still want.

Tried to add this request on the new lighthouseapp, but didnt succeed.

- RuudBurger - 2011-03-05

@aaronb
Yes you can. They should have the same password though.

@steve
What went wrong? You need to create an account and click create a new ticket.
Although I that request is already in there.

- henrikyo - 2011-03-05

maybe im really dumb, but i cant get this to work

i have downloaded couchpotato r29

i have sabnzb i filled out my settings under nzb/torrent section on couchpotato, added some movies, now what?

i have sabnzb open and nothing is happening, do you guys know what im doing wrong?