Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- HenryFord - 2011-03-28

steve1977 Wrote:It would be awesome if CP could scrape from the link below and add all movies to the CP queue (no filtering, just dumping all of them). This way, it would be full automated catching all cool new movies...

http://popularnewreleases.com/coming-soon.php
This is indeed a cool idea. Maybe you could also apply some filters (if the data comes in the right form (you don't have to scrape it), that should be easy to implement) - for say PG-R and movie-genre.

- Valdysses - 2011-03-29

My CouchPotato install on WHS is a real bear, lately. So as to have a largely headless server install I have CP running on my Windows Home Server machine as a service.

The update bug since R30 means that I can't access the CP webservice, and for whatever reason it is impossible to delete couchpotato.exe. I keep getting an "in use by other programs" error, even when I've shut down every process save system processes and explorer.

Anyone in a similar situation? Any ideas on what I should try? I can't boot the WHS into Safe mode because I don't have access to its boot sequence (being a headless server).
--------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

The process was running, even though I couldn't see it. Downloaded a program called Process Explorer and rooted it out, then deleted CP R29 via cmd and it sorted the problem right out.

- xecutionx - 2011-03-29

For about two weeks now, my couchpotato install hasn't returned any results for movies I added to the queue. If I manually search nzbmatrix, I find the results. I'm running the latest version (it has been updating itself, but the issue hasn't been resolved). When I first ran the program, it worked, but it was giving me larger sizes than what I wanted for DVD Rips, so I put the threshold so 600-1100 mb so the common 700mb rips will be found. What other information would be required to troubleshoot? Thanks. Version 42d18c7

- HenryFord - 2011-03-30

your logfile would be helpful.

- Mrkennedy - 2011-03-30

How does downloading trailers work? I have selected the option but no trailers download.

I use Nzb.org/.su and Sabnzb, or do they grab them from somewhere else?

- smiffy1989 - 2011-03-30

Is it possible to make CP grab the newest version that it matches rather than the oldest?

I've recently been adding some older movies to my library and have been doing it through CP so that they get renamed/subs/trailer etc but have noticed that CP grabs NZB's that are just about at my retention limit. A lot of the older NZB's seem to be incomplete and I then have to tell CP to get a different version.

- HenryFord - 2011-03-30

smiffy1989 Wrote:Is it possible to make CP grab the newest version that it matches rather than the oldest?

I've recently been adding some older movies to my library and have been doing it through CP so that they get renamed/subs/trailer etc but have noticed that CP grabs NZB's that are just about at my retention limit. A lot of the older NZB's seem to be incomplete and I then have to tell CP to get a different version.
Hit the "Re-Snatch"-Button in the "Snatched"-list and let CP download another release (it will ask you wether you want to download another one then before...)

- smiffy1989 - 2011-03-30

HenryFord Wrote:Hit the "Re-Snatch"-Button in the "Snatched"-list and let CP download another release (it will ask you wether you want to download another one then before...)

I know how to make CP grab a different version. Its just a waste of 15GB worth of bandwidth downloading a 1080p film that is incomplete because it snatched an old release when a newer version is available.

Surely the best thing to do is download the newest rather than the oldest?

- HenryFord - 2011-03-31

smiffy1989 Wrote:I know how to make CP grab a different version. Its just a waste of 15GB worth of bandwidth downloading a 1080p film that is incomplete because it snatched an old release when a newer version is available.
Ah - okay, I got you wrong there. You could just reduce the retention in your Couch Potato, then it will simply ignore older releases. Otherwise - if you want a feature like "newest rather than oldest" you should file a feature-request on CPs homepage.

Quote:How does downloading trailers work? I have selected the option but no trailers download.

I use Nzb.org/.su and Sabnzb, or do they grab them from somewhere else?
Check your logfile - everytime CP marks a download complete it'll start to download trailers. But the trailes are not loaded through sabnzbd but are "normal" HTTP-Downloads.

- steve1977 - 2011-04-02

xecutionx Wrote:For about two weeks now, my couchpotato install hasn't returned any results for movies I added to the queue. If I manually search nzbmatrix, I find the results. I'm running the latest version (it has been updating itself, but the issue hasn't been resolved). When I first ran the program, it worked, but it was giving me larger sizes than what I wanted for DVD Rips, so I put the threshold so 600-1100 mb so the common 700mb rips will be found. What other information would be required to troubleshoot? Thanks. Version 42d18c7

I am having the same issue. It does work though once restarting CP. Upon restart, it scans all movies in the queue. Also, it scans when adding a new movies. Just the regular "weekly scan" doesn't work for me anymore.

Anyone else experiencing this?

- steve1977 - 2011-04-02

HenryFord Wrote:Check your logfile - everytime CP marks a download complete it'll start to download trailers. But the trailes are not loaded through sabnzbd but are "normal" HTTP-Downloads.

I tried this forum and also google, but didn't find an explanation how exactly to get the trailer download running. Few questions as I take away from the message above that it is actually working:

1) How does CP marks a download as complete on its own. So far, it is actually up to me to do that...

2) How does CP "know" where my downloaded movie "sits" after sabnzbd downloads it

3) Where does CP downloads the movie from and is it IMDB code matched or using the folder or file name?

4) Is it really possible to download trailers through CP, which were not pushed by CP to download?

Thanks a ton in advance!!!

- Chura - 2011-04-02

Not sure whats wrong, but suddenly CP stopped working for me
no matter what port i choose i get "port XXXX not free on 0.0.0.0"
tried to change IP also, same.

however, running the latest source with works well.
Any idea ?

Code:
20:07:45 INFO  [er.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Using NZBMatrix provider
20:07:45 INFO  [rovider.yarr.sources.nzbs] Using NZBs.org provider
20:07:45 INFO  [ider.yarr.sources.newznab] Using Newznab provider
20:07:45 INFO  [provider.yarr.sources.tpb] Using TPB.org provider
20:07:45 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Using TheMovieDb provider.
20:07:45 INFO  [movie.sources.imdbWrapper] Using IMDB provider.
20:07:45 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.trailer] TrailerCron thread is running.
20:07:45 INFO  [    app.lib.cron.subtitle] SubtitleCron thread is running.
20:07:45 INFO  [         app.lib.cron.eta] MovieETA thread is running.
20:07:45 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Renamer thread is running.
20:07:45 INFO  [        app.lib.cron.yarr] YarrCron thread is running.
20:07:45 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Watched folder doesn't exist.
20:07:50 ERROR [                   ENGINE] Error in 'start' listener <bound method Server.start of <cherrypy._cpserver.Server object at 0x0126FFF0>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.process.wspbus", line 176, in publish
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cpserver", line 86, in start
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.process.servers", line 55, in start
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.process.servers", line 268, in wait_for_free_port
IOError: Port 9090 not free on '0.0.0.0'

20:07:50 ERROR [                   ENGINE] Shutting down due to error in start listener:
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.process.wspbus", line 213, in start
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.process.wspbus", line 193, in publish
ChannelFailures: IOError("Port 9090 not free on '0.0.0.0'",)

20:07:50 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Bus STOPPING
20:07:50 INFO  [                   ENGINE] HTTP Server cherrypy._cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(('0.0.0.0', 9090)) already shut down
20:07:50 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Stopped thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
20:07:50 ERROR [                   ENGINE] Removed handler for console events.
20:07:50 INFO  [             app.lib.cron] Stopping Cronjobs.
20:07:55 INFO  [        app.lib.cron.yarr] YarrCron has shutdown.
20:07:56 INFO  [         app.lib.cron.eta] MovieETA thread shutting down.
20:07:56 INFO  [    app.lib.cron.subtitle] SubtitleCron shutting down.
20:07:57 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.trailer] TrailerCron shutting down.
20:08:00 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Renamer has shutdown.
20:08:00 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Bus STOPPED
20:08:00 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Bus EXITING
20:08:00 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Bus EXITED
20:09:26 INFO  [            app.config.db] Initializing Database.
20:09:26 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Listening for SIGTERM.
20:09:26 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Bus STARTING
20:09:26 ERROR [                   ENGINE] Set handler for console events.
20:09:26 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Started monitor thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
20:09:28 INFO  [             app.lib.cron] Starting Cronjobs.
20:09:28 INFO  [ider.yarr.sources.newzbin] Using newzbin provider
20:09:28 INFO  [er.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Using NZBMatrix provider
20:09:28 INFO  [rovider.yarr.sources.nzbs] Using NZBs.org provider
20:09:28 INFO  [ider.yarr.sources.newznab] Using Newznab provider
20:09:28 INFO  [provider.yarr.sources.tpb] Using TPB.org provider
20:09:28 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Using TheMovieDb provider.
20:09:28 INFO  [movie.sources.imdbWrapper] Using IMDB provider.
20:09:28 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.trailer] TrailerCron thread is running.
20:09:28 INFO  [    app.lib.cron.subtitle] SubtitleCron thread is running.
20:09:28 INFO  [         app.lib.cron.eta] MovieETA thread is running.
20:09:28 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Renamer thread is running.
20:09:28 INFO  [        app.lib.cron.yarr] YarrCron thread is running.
20:09:28 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Watched folder doesn't exist.
20:09:33 ERROR [                   ENGINE] Error in 'start' listener <bound method Server.start of <cherrypy._cpserver.Server object at 0x01272FF0>>
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.process.wspbus", line 176, in publish
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cpserver", line 86, in start
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.process.servers", line 55, in start
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.process.servers", line 268, in wait_for_free_port
IOError: Port 9090 not free on '10.99.99.117'

20:09:33 ERROR [                   ENGINE] Shutting down due to error in start listener:
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.process.wspbus", line 213, in start
  File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.process.wspbus", line 193, in publish
ChannelFailures: IOError("Port 9090 not free on '10.99.99.117'",)

20:09:33 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Bus STOPPING
20:09:33 INFO  [                   ENGINE] HTTP Server cherrypy._cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(('10.99.99.117', 9090)) already shut down
20:09:33 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Stopped thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
20:09:33 ERROR [                   ENGINE] Removed handler for console events.
20:09:33 INFO  [             app.lib.cron] Stopping Cronjobs.
20:09:38 INFO  [        app.lib.cron.yarr] YarrCron has shutdown.
20:09:39 INFO  [         app.lib.cron.eta] MovieETA thread shutting down.
20:09:45 INFO  [    app.lib.cron.subtitle] SubtitleCron shutting down.
20:09:45 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.trailer] TrailerCron shutting down.
20:09:48 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Renamer has shutdown.
20:09:48 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Bus STOPPED
20:09:48 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Bus EXITING
20:09:48 INFO  [                   ENGINE] Bus EXITED

- jakks - 2011-04-03

Not sure if this has been brought up before as I dont fancy reading 170 pages, but it there anyway once youve added a film to your wanted list to change quality of it from say dvdrip to 720P? only way I can see so far is deleting it from your wanted list then adding it again with a differnet qulity selected

cheers

- Abe Froman - 2011-04-03

jakks Wrote:only way I can see so far is deleting it from your wanted list then adding it again with a differnet qulity selected

That's the only option at this time.

- bossanova808 - 2011-04-04

Yep what CP (and sick beard) could do with is the main list to have all the elements directly clickable - you can just click on the qualities you want right there on the main page...