Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- DrStrange - 2011-06-30

Latest commits seem to break CouchPotato. It won't start.

Console shows:
File "C:\Couchpotato\CouchPotato.py", line 234, in <module>
server_start()
File "C:\Couchpotato\CouchPotato.py", line 98, in server_start
ca = configApp(config)
File "C:\Couchpotato\app\config\configApp.py", line 17, in __init__
self.initConfig()
File "C:\Couchpotato\app\config\configApp.py", line 83, in initConfig
self.setDefault('NZBsRUS', 'enabled', False)
File "C:\Couchpotato\app\config\configApp.py", line 197, in setDefault
self.p.set(section, option, value)
File "C:\Python27\lib\ConfigParser.py", line 388, in set
raise NoSectionError(section)
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'NZBsRUS'

Edit: Fixed, working again. Thanks RuudBurger.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-08

I had "Conan the Destroyer" in my queue and unfortunately, it is not picking it up though available... Checked the log (pls see below the relevant passage).

Anyone any ideas?

17:52:43 INFO [movie.sources.imdbWrapper] Using IMDB provider.
17:52:43 INFO [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Using TheMovieDb provider.
17:52:43 INFO [provider.yarr.sources.tpb] Using TPB.org provider
17:52:43 INFO [ider.yarr.sources.newznab] Using Newznab provider
17:52:43 INFO [rovider.yarr.sources.nzbs] Using NZBs.org provider
17:52:43 INFO [er.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Using NZBMatrix provider
17:52:43 INFO [ider.yarr.sources.newzbin] Using newzbin provider
17:52:43 INFO [ app.lib.cron] Starting Cronjobs.
17:52:35 INFO [ ENGINE] Started monitor thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
17:52:35 ERROR [ ENGINE] Set handler for console events.
17:52:35 INFO [ ENGINE] Bus STARTING
17:52:35 INFO [ ENGINE] Listening for SIGTERM.
17:52:32 INFO [ app.config.db] Initializing Database.
17:51:40 INFO [ ENGINE] Re-spawning C:\xxx\xxx\CouchPotato.exe
17:51:30 INFO [ ENGINE] Waiting for child threads to terminate...
17:51:30 INFO [ ENGINE] Bus EXITED
17:51:30 INFO [ ENGINE] Bus EXITING
17:51:30 INFO [ ENGINE] Bus STOPPED
17:51:30 INFO [ app.lib.cron.trailer] TrailerCron shutting down.
17:51:30 INFO [ app.lib.cron.eta] MovieETA thread shutting down.
17:51:29 INFO [ app.lib.cron.yarr] YarrCron has shutdown.
17:51:20 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Renamer has shutdown.
17:51:15 INFO [ app.lib.cron.subtitle] SubtitleCron shutting down.
17:51:14 INFO [ app.lib.cron] Stopping Cronjobs.
17:51:14 ERROR [ ENGINE] Removed handler for console events.
17:51:14 INFO [ ENGINE] Stopped thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
17:51:14 INFO [ ENGINE] Stopped thread 'Session cleanup'.
17:51:14 INFO [ ENGINE] HTTP Server cherrypy._cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(('192.168.1.xxx', xxxx)) shut down
17:51:08 INFO [ ENGINE] Bus STOPPING
16:35:29 INFO [er.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Getting RSS from cache: tt0087078-42.
16:35:20 INFO [lib.provider.movie.search] Getting extra movie info for Conan the Destroyer.

- mdwexford - 2011-07-08

CP isnt picking up loads of films that are available for me.

- HenryFord - 2011-07-08

mdwexford Wrote:CP isnt picking up loads of films that are available for me.
Yeah - just let me see through my window. Ah - yes - I totally can see your problems now.

Describing the actual problem and posting logfiles would help us helping you.

steve1977 Wrote:I had "Conan the Destroyer" in my queue and unfortunately, it is not picking it up though available... Checked the log (pls see below the relevant passage).

Anyone any ideas?
16:35:29 INFO [er.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Getting RSS from cache: tt0087078-42.
16:35:20 INFO [lib.provider.movie.search] Getting extra movie info for Conan the Destroyer.
That is the only part of the logfile which is in any way related to your problem. There should be way more info available... check your couchpotato logs under the log-tab and post EVERYTHING related to that movie.

@Both of you: What are your settings? What is the retention on the files? Did you setup your retention properly?

- mdwexford - 2011-07-08

HenryFord Wrote:Yeah - just let me see through my window. Ah - yes - I totally can see your problems now.

Describing the actual problem and posting logfiles would help us helping you.

That is the only part of the logfile which is in any way related to your problem. There should be way more info available... check your couchpotato logs under the log-tab and post EVERYTHING related to that movie.

@Both of you: What are your settings? What is the retention on the files? Did you setup your retention properly?

No need to get smart.

I put 4 films that i know are out into cp to see if it would pick them up and its not, thats all i know.

I have been downloading stuff fine previously just the past day or so it seems to be missing some movies.

- HenryFord - 2011-07-08

mdwexford Wrote:No need to get smart.
Obviously it is required... sorry, but what did you expect? If you want help, you have to go into details - currently we only can say: "Ah, okay - well...", nothing we can do.

Post the information I asked for, also it would be helpful to
a) have a log
b) the names of the movies?
c) quality-settings
d) general settings

You have to do a little bit on your own if you want help...

- steve1977 - 2011-07-09

HenryFord Wrote:That is the only part of the logfile which is in any way related to your problem. There should be way more info available... check your couchpotato logs under the log-tab and post EVERYTHING related to that movie.

I am using CP basically since day-1 and I basically found every movie (unless the file was out of retention or out of "file size"). One exceptions is 1080i movies, but even those are no biggie as I check my log frequently and see it as "wrong quality".

Did a few more tests re "Conan the Barbarian" and the issue is that CP cannot find the movie via nzbmatrix (which is the only one I am actually using). I took out API key and username, but you can replicate the issue by adding your own API and user-ID:

11:18:51 INFO [er.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=my-ID&term=tt0087078&apikey=my-API&subcat=42&searchin=weblink&english=0

When changing to newznab, newznab actually finds the movie and sends the nzb. I prefer not to use newznab though and for basically all other movies, nzbmatrix makes a great job.

Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance!

- HenryFord - 2011-07-09

steve1977 Wrote:Did a few more tests re "Conan the Barbarian" and the issue is that CP cannot find the movie via nzbmatrix (which is the only one I am actually using). I took out API key and username, but you can replicate the issue by adding your own API and user-ID

Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Mhm...strange. I also tested it with nzbs.org, that works as well. Unfortunately I cannot test nzbmatrix as I don't have an account there. Probably it's something special about the name of the release? Does the CP-Log state anything which indicates that it finds a release but rejects it?

I think because you only have this issue with one movie and one specific provider that it is caused by either the provider or the release name. I couldn't think of another solution.

- vikjon0 - 2011-07-09

Quote:Mhm...strange. I also tested it with nzbs.org, that works as well. Unfortunately I cannot test nzbmatrix as
I am not too happy how it works either. I am using nzbmatrix & nzb.su.

Since nzbs.org is closed for new users it would be very useful if someone that have it working test without nzbs.org.

- HenryFord - 2011-07-10

Report it on the issue-tracker, maybe that will yield some results and answers (also - it is more likely to find testers with the right setup Smile )

- kideternal - 2011-07-12

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I don't have time to read all 192 pages of this thread.

Does CP skip films that already exist on your system (that were obtained without CP's use)?

I have a large library of films that I have painstakingly named like "<title> (<year>)". These exist on many different drives/folders. I would like to automatically back-fill anything that's missing based on blu-ray RSS criteria. But, CP absolutely must not delete anything or rename it to something unrelated.

(As an aside, I experimented with it this weekend and innocently set the "output" folder to "C:\" with renaming turned on, and then thoroughly enjoyed watching my entire SSD boot drive be "cleaned" of files in less than a minute!)

SickBeard seems to do a good job of back-filling TV shows in a non-destructive way. Does CouchPotato?

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-12

Is PPV going to be added as a quality? Would like to put this as a quality on movies since alot of new releases are coming out and being skipped by CP.

- darkscout - 2011-07-12

steve1977 Wrote:Did a few more tests re "Conan the Barbarian" and the issue is that CP cannot find the movie via nzbmatrix (which is the only one I am actually using). I took out API key and username, but you can replicate the issue by adding your own API and user-ID:

I did.

And I got this:

Code:
<rss xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" version="2.0">
<channel>
<generator>NZBMatrix.com RSS 2.0</generator>
<language>en</language>
<title>NZBMatrix</title>
<description>NZBMatrix.com RSS Feed - Usenet</description>
<link>http://nzbmatrix.com</link>
<copyright>Copyright 2011 NZBMatrix</copyright>
<pubDate>Tue, 12 Jul 2011 22:38:02 +0200</pubDate>
<item>
<title>Conan The Destroyer 1984 720p BluRay x264 Japhson</title>
<guid>
http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=983278&hit=1
</guid>
<link>
http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=983278&hit=1
</link>
<description>
<![CDATA[
<b>Name:</b> Conan The Destroyer 1984 720p BluRay x264 Japhson<br /><b>Category:</b> Movies: HD (x264)<br /><b>Size:</b> 4.76 GB<br /><b>Added:</b> 2011-07-10 13:09:18<br /><b>Group:</b> alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 <BR /><b>NFO:</b> <a href="http://nzbmatrix.com/viewnfo.php?id=983278">View NFO</a> <BR /><b>IMDB Link:</b> <a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087078/">Go To IMDB</a>
]]>
</description>
<category>Movies: HD (x264)</category>
<cattext>movies.hd (x264)</cattext>
<categoryid>42</categoryid>
<enclosure url="http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=983278&hit=1" length="5112395202" type="application/x-nzb"/>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>

You can test it out here:
http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?page=details&subcat=42&searchin=weblink&term=tt0087078

I think I found the 'bug'. It seeds to search for "page=download". That will return the direct NZB link instead of the link to the nzb details page.

- HenryFord - 2011-07-12

kideternal Wrote:Does CP skip films that already exist on your system (that were obtained without CP's use)?

I have a large library of films that I have painstakingly named like "<title> (<year>)". These exist on many different drives/folders. I would like to automatically back-fill anything that's missing based on blu-ray RSS criteria. But, CP absolutely must not delete anything or rename it to something unrelated.
Not sure what you mean? CP only looks for movies which are in the library of CP - which again you only can add via CP itself...
Ah - wait - now I get it Wink
CP will download the movies nomatter if they are already there or not - this is because CP doesn't actually know that you have other movies. It will however not move/rename the downloaded files if there is already a movie with the same name in better quality.

Quote:(As an aside, I experimented with it this weekend and innocently set the "output" folder to "C:\" with renaming turned on, and then thoroughly enjoyed watching my entire SSD boot drive be "cleaned" of files in less than a minute!)
First of all: This is impossible, because with Windows there is no way that you can actually kill your system-disk. A lot of files can get deleted, but the windows-base-files cannot be deleted while Windows is booted. But here is the explanation why this happened:
1. The "output"-folder is the folder where sabnzbd puts the downloads. This is why it's actually called the "Download Folder" - that's where finished files reside. So - under no circumstance you should put the files in C: and also enable cleanup.
2. You enabled the option "Cleanup"
3. You did not read the instructions for CP

I recommend to not use settings which are labeled with something like "CleanUp" before you read the documentation - you really could have seen this coming, what else would "CleanUp - Remove leftover files/folders in the Download folder. " mean?

Quote:SickBeard seems to do a good job of back-filling TV shows in a non-destructive way. Does CouchPotato?
No - because CP does not scan your current movies into a database, sickbeard is a much different program on many levels. So - it won't scan/delete/rename anything in your "Movies Folder" but only puts stuff there. The "Movies Folder" will never be touched by CP for deleting/moving/renaming stuff - only the "Download Folder" will be touched for that. You of course can set certain BlueRay-RSS criteria but CP doesn't really do "back-filling" because it doesn't now what you're missing...

I hope it's clear enough Smile

darkscout Wrote:I think I found the 'bug'. It seeds to search for "page=download". That will return the direct NZB link instead of the link to the nzb details page.
But that then would be a problem with nzbmatrix's rss - wouldn't it? Can be that I get something wrong here though Smile

- darkscout - 2011-07-13

HenryFord Wrote:But that then would be a problem with nzbmatrix's rss - wouldn't it? Can be that I get something wrong here though Smile

Nope. The project needs to request the proper rss feed if it wants the direct link.