Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- Flomaster - 2010-07-30

RuudBurger Wrote:what does "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py" say?
Or the logs.

I will have to look at the log tomorrow or tonight when I get off work and see what it says

-=Jason=-

- ontrose - 2010-07-30

RuudBurger Wrote:thats not how the host works.
Just leave it on 0.0.0.0 and it will listen to all incoming hosts on that port.
then make sure xxxxx.mine.nu is redirected to your IP. then it will be available on xxxx.mine.nu:5000.
If you want to get rid of the port:
you can either set the port on port 80, if you don't have webserver running already.
or try using something like apache modproxy

The urlbase is for when you use modproxy, but it's for advanced users only, thats why it cant be found in the CP Settings window Wink

Aha ok, well maby should have thought of that Smile anyhoo got it working.

- itchy_balls - 2010-07-30

Thanks for this app. I am able to add movies and download them. "Soon" tab is stuck at "searching for new release dates" and under "movies" tab I do not see the movie posters (although they exist in the installation folder).

Using Windows build r18 in WinXP

- RuudBurger - 2010-07-30

Is there an error in the log of "videoETA"? If so, please post it Wink

edit:
Just wanted to show the following numbers since I myself started using CP.
I even deleted some successfully downloaded movies and some are still on "waiting for better quality", so I think downloaded could be about 60 Big Grin

- itchy_balls - 2010-07-31

Here's my log

http://pastebin.com/kHvgASWM

- RuudBurger - 2010-07-31

Looks fine to me. It just keeps "searching" endless after every restart?

Yes. What website does it try to connect to?

VideoETA.com but it doesn't seem to connect the site.

I can pull up videoeta.com from my web browser. Run a packet capture with wireshark and I am not seeing anything from/to 216.248.19.38 (videoeta.com) from the trace while CP is trying to connect to the site.

I will try a different PC.

- ClayM - 2010-07-31

After doing the auto-update, I get this error:

Code:
500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/data/apps/CouchPotato/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/mnt/data/apps/CouchPotato/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/mnt/data/apps/CouchPotato/app/config/render.py", line 14, in __call__
    return self.template.render(**env)
  File "/mnt/data/apps/CouchPotato/library/mako/template.py", line 189, in render
    return runtime._render(self, self.callable_, args, data)
  File "/mnt/data/apps/CouchPotato/library/mako/runtime.py", line 403, in _render
    _render_context(template, callable_, context, *args, **_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data))
  File "/mnt/data/apps/CouchPotato/library/mako/runtime.py", line 434, in _render_context
    _exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
  File "/mnt/data/apps/CouchPotato/library/mako/runtime.py", line 457, in _exec_template
    callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
  File "_base_html", line 126, in render_body
  File "/mnt/data/apps/CouchPotato/library/mako/runtime.py", line 278, in <lambda>
    return lambda *args, **kwargs:callable_(self.context, *args, **kwargs)
  File "movie_index_html", line 126, in render_body
TypeError: %d format: a number is required, not unicode

Any ideas?

Sorry about that, got http://your-CP-host/log/index/ and press the "search for upgrade" button in the footer. Updated in latest GIT

Getting same issue on a different computer.

Can I run the git version on Windows?

- prae5 - 2010-07-31

Loving the app - although even with 20tb of storage i may have to upgrade soon!

I have two questions with regards to trailers - i've had a quick look through this thread bu haven't really found any answers.

1. When setting trailer quality does it support any kind of fallback. For example, if i set it to 720p, but it can only find 1080p or 480p, does it grab either or those or nothing?

2. Following on from this, should i set it to 1080p but it only finds 720p and 480p, would it grab the 720p version?

I guess what I'm looking for is a a "Best" quality level, where by it grabs the best available option at the time - is this possible?

I've tried option to have CP download trailers for my existing movies and I'm not convinced this is working correctly. After setting this off i see the following in my logs:

Code:
11:15:12,979 INFO  [app.lib.cron.cronTrailer] Searching for trailers for existing movies.

But it doesn't seem to download any trailers, nor do i see anything else in my logs mentioning cronTrailer. Is this logged anywhere? What can i do to debug this further?

thanks again!

It only downloads the set quality.
To search for trailers you should have an .nfo in you movie folder.

- prae5 - 2010-07-31

RuudBurger Wrote:It only downloads the set quality.
To search for trailers you should have an .nfo in you movie folder.

I'd say 95% if not more of my movies have nfo's in them as i regularly export my library. Even those with nfo's in don't seem to pickup trailers.

What are you looking for in the nfo? Is any of this logged anywhere for debugging?