Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- smilenkovski - 2010-08-03

@RuudBurger
When using Mac version, two strange things are happening:
1. After closing the application you can't start it again(only with restart the OSX)
2. Searching for trailers stops for some reason, after downloading several trailers on one HDD. I'll examine this issue and report back to you.

- ECEC - 2010-08-03

Ruud, what are your thoughts regarding searching for torrents via RSS? I'd love to be able to add a couple RSS feeds for private torrent sites; it's much safer than using public sites.

Also, I had no idea you were downloading trailers now! Smile Very cool. I'll have to check that out pronto.

- RuudBurger - 2010-08-03

We (well actually, only alshain) are currently working on a restructuring of CP. With these changes it is going to be much easier to add your own feeds via a simple plugin system.
Therefor I am not going to write more search provider script, before this is done and what we have now is ported to the new system.
So stay tuned.

I'm also way too busy with school, so no big changes for at least a month, only small bug fixes from my side Big Grin.

PS: Use Usenet, its much safer Wink

- ECEC - 2010-08-03

RuudBurger Wrote:We (well actually, only alshain) are currently working on a restructuring of CP. With these changes it is going to be much easier to add your own feeds via a simple plugin system.
Therefor I am not going to write more search provider script, before this is done and what we have now is ported to the new system.
So stay tuned.

I'm also way too busy with school, so no big changes for at least a month, only small bug fixes from my side Big Grin.

Awesome news! Thanks for the support.

Quote:PS: Use Usenet, its much safer Wink

No doubt! I use Usenet for almost everything, but torrent sites can be nice to find those rare movies every once in awhile.

- chalk4 - 2010-08-03

Couple of Questions..

1) If I want to use Couch Potato to take care of all of my renaming.. does it require each movie to be put into separate folders?
- Example: Download folder: /share/complete
Destination folder: /share/Movies/New/filename.mkv

I like to have just one huge directory with all of my movie files in there. I have never sorted them into each individual folder.

2) Trailers.. i cant seem to get this to work. Does it search filenames in your destination folder? or does it look for folders for each movie and search based on folder names?

3) Does cleanup require that you do all renaming with Couch Potato?

thanks in advance for the help.

Renaming need a folder per movie yes.
So does trailers
and so does cleanup Wink

- chalk4 - 2010-08-03

Was afraid you were going to say that... Guess i will have to invest some time into reorganizing my movie library.

- DejaVu - 2010-08-03

DejaVu77 Wrote:Hi RuudBurger. Not sure on the right place to ask for a feature, but I have just started using Couch Potato with the Dual Quality settings and have to say - AWESOMENESS!!!

But, I would love if you could send the different qualities to Sab with the category. At the moment, all the films get categorised to 'movies', is there the possibility of making 720's go to a category made '720' in Sab and DVDRip to one called 'dvdrip', cams, TC's, etc.

The ability is already there for across the board, but that would make it towards the SUPERBNESS it actually is! Smile

(I'm using the Windows Build as you know! Smile)
Bumpidge. Did you consider this RB or is it too much work?

As i said we are working on new structure, wont anything new.
Please add it to github, so its on our "todo / check this out"-list

- Flomaster - 2010-08-03

DejaVu77 Wrote:Bumpidge. Did you consider this RB or is it too much work?

how is your folder scructure set up and how would having Sd content vs HD content in different folders be a bennifit for XBMC?

-=Jason=-

- DejaVu - 2010-08-04

Flomaster Wrote:how is your folder scructure set up and how would having Sd content vs HD content in different folders be a bennifit for XBMC?

-=Jason=-

At the moment, how Couch Potato works, it will look for a certain quality say DVDRip and download it in SAB under the movies category then keep looking for the same film in a HD MKV until it gets released which will also go to the movies category of SAB.

Once the MKV has been found you'll then be able to delete the SD DVDRip as you'll know where they all live. If they are all downloaded to the same folder it'll get confusing (and messy).

At the moment I have a massive collection of movies all on different drives (5x 1TB drives) like -

DVDRip\The Green Mile\The Green Mile.avi
Movies\The Green Mile\The Green Mile.mkv

This'll make 2 entries in XBMC for the same film with different qualities and with a collection like mine, finding files get be time consuming.

At the moment, I run a compare on the folders, if the folder exists twice, I delete the one in the DVDRip folder - it saves going through my huge list in XBMC until I find it twice and working out which one needs to be deleted.

I then just Cleanup my Library (which I do every night).

That all being said, if Couch Potato already removes the existing Avi and replaces it with the MKV, I take the entire statement back and apologies, but I havent seen evidence that it does... yet. Smile

- RuudBurger - 2010-08-04

Yes it does.
When renaming it moves the movie to a certain folder. If the folder exists and a media file is found, it wil delete this file if it is of a lower "filesize"-score then the new movie is copied to the folder.
I say filesize-score, because it does a small calculation for .iso files, which have a filesize-score of around 1.6GB, this places them higher then a DVD-Rip, but lower then BRRip and HD movies.

- DejaVu - 2010-08-04

Thanks for clearing that up RD. I feel like a bit of a tit now! Cheers! Smile

Also - just noticed -
Quality options to download best available. Overwrite if better is found. (See settings)

The expression RTFM perhaps. Doh!

- darkscout - 2010-08-04

Føreign language bug:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/downloader/CouchPotato/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/home/downloader/CouchPotato/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/downloader/CouchPotato/app/config/render.py", line 14, in __call__
    return self.template.render(**env)
  File "/home/downloader/CouchPotato/library/mako/template.py", line 189, in render
    return runtime._render(self, self.callable_, args, data)
  File "/home/downloader/CouchPotato/library/mako/runtime.py", line 403, in _render
    _render_context(template, callable_, context, *args, **_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data))
  File "/home/downloader/CouchPotato/library/mako/runtime.py", line 434, in _render_context
    _exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
  File "/home/downloader/CouchPotato/library/mako/runtime.py", line 457, in _exec_template
    callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
  File "_base_html", line 100, in render_body
  File "/home/downloader/CouchPotato/library/mako/runtime.py", line 278, in <lambda>
    return lambda *args, **kwargs:callable_(self.context, *args, **kwargs)
  File "movie_index_html", line 69, in render_body
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf8' in position 5: ordinal not in range(128)

Lots of hits on google.

I can't even navigate to the main page any more because it's failing trying to render ø.

- chalk4 - 2010-08-04

When using Couch Potato to rename files why does it put a space after <thename>-<cd>.<ext> ??

this returns The Big Lebowski- cd1.mkv

but i want it to rename the file to The Big Lebowski-cd1.mkv

any ideas?