Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- Homerboy - 2010-10-14

danz0l Wrote:Mind you, that would be a pretty awesome addition Smile

That is what it SHOULD be in my opinion.
Let me browse movies that are forthcoming in the next X months, and if I see something that perks my interest or refreshes my memory I can just click to add to the watch list.

THAT would be awesome.

- Therms - 2010-10-14

If anyone is interested in helping me with a preliminary version of my code for downloading fanart and generating an .nfo, you can clone my Couchpotato repo here.

Right now it just does it, there's no options to configure really. Just make sure you have "Renaming" enabled. Once CP renames the movie, it will also download the highest rated fanart and generate a .nfo file.

Currently the only thing the .nfo file contains is the IMDb url for the movie...the built-in XBMC scraper takes care of the rest. I've made progress on generating a full .nfo like, for example, Ember Media Manager, however I'm not sure it's really necessary since once you make sure XBMC knows what movie it is by putting the IMDb url in the .nfo, it does a fine job of downloading everything for you.

Coming soon will be options for configuring minimum fanart resolution, and of course, implementing XBMC library updates on movie downloads. Both of those things are easy.

Let me know of any problems.

- indy5 - 2010-10-15

Is there a way to edit your existing wanted list to change the quality settings? It's a bit of a pain to delete an entry and re-search with new criteria.

Just wondering, thanks!

- RuudBurger - 2010-10-15

@ECEC & Homerboy
For the subtitle module, I'm creating a new class to scan through your movie folder, I hope this will fix the movie scanning issue where it just stops somewhere in the middle or doesn't use the folder name correctly.

@Homerboy
You are correct, but without any sources this can't be done right now Big Grin

@indy5
Just re-add it, it will overwrite the old one.

- Therms - 2010-10-15

RuudBurger Wrote:@ECEC & Homerboy
@Homerboy
You are correct, but without any sources this can't be done right now Big Grin

What about a userscript for VideoETA or one of the other disc release sites?

- bencorn - 2010-10-15

Any idea on when Max Per Day might be implemented. I tried installing the program and adding my list but I have a large backlog and it added all of them at once. I know you had mentioned that it is going to be implemented at some point but wasn't sure if you had an idea on when. I think an awesome feature to pair with this would be a random function.

For example, I have 100 movies in the list and set it to get 3 a day. Instead of getting the first 3 from the alphabet, if it would randomly choose 3 from the list. Kinda like a birthday, you know what is on your list but you never know what you're going to get.

- Therms - 2010-10-16

Most recent version on git...

Code:
Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python26\lib\threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "F:\CouchPotato\app\lib\cron\eta.py", line 37, in run
    self.save(movie, result)
  File "F:\CouchPotato\app\lib\cron\eta.py", line 62, in save
    row.videoEtaId = result.get('id', 0)
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'get'

- RuudBurger - 2010-10-16

@bencorn
Yeah I though about it. But this is a very specific feature and first I want to implement the more widely used features. I don't know if there is a Feature Request yet on github, but if there isn't please create one, so I can remember Big Grin

@Therms
Fixed in the next push.

Subtitle support is now implemented, only for new downloads so far.
I am creating an action page where you can manage your movie library and search for subtitles and trailers for previously downloaded movies.

- Jaken - 2010-10-16

I have an issue when trying to add a movie.
http://pastebin.org/235917

Are you on the latest git version? And what movie are you searching for?

- Jaken - 2010-10-16

Version: 314bfe4

Last movie i tried was: "The other guys"
But the problem seams to be movie independent.

I have had this problem for a while.
I updated cp today and i just noticed i can't open the settings dialog.

314bfe4 is a 2 week old version.
I think something went wrong with updating somewhere.. could you try and manually download CP (http://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotato/zipball/master).
Make sure you backup the old directory before overwriting it with the new files Wink

- titanium - 2010-10-16

Should 'Soon' be working, or is still a WIP? It just checks for release dates endlessly and never displays anything for me.

Cloned repository from git a few days ago, and since then I've used the auto-updater twice; running v 7961171 right now.

Nice work so far, by the way Smile

- Jaken - 2010-10-16

thx Ruud that did the trick!

titanim: Soon is working for me but only for a very few movies.