Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- Necromancyr - 2010-11-13

Ruud - I think there's something going on with 720p's because a good number of mine aren't detecting. Scott Pilgrim being another example on top of the ones I posted before.

Note that all of mine are doing a DVDRIP then 720p as a second item so...there could be some screwup there on my part of the programs 'stepping up' in quality part.

- RuudBurger - 2010-11-13

@Necromancyr: "Scott Pilgrim 720p" is working fine for me

I fixed the "not marked as downloaded" bug.
And I think I found why the renamer seemed to hang after 1 run, but I'm not sure, so for the people having that problem, please update to the latest version (git) and let me know Big Grin

- DejaVu - 2010-11-13

--EDIT--
I take it all back. I think patience is key, took a while to restart after updating, but seems to be working again. Smile

- DejaVu - 2010-11-13

I worked out a minor problem with the Ubuntu startup procedure.
There is a command missing in the details to make CP launch on Startup -

Quote:sudo update-rc.d couchpotato defaults
Needs to be added before
Quote:sudo /etc/init.d/couchpotato start
to tell Ubuntu to invoke CP on startup.

Should be -
Quote:Copy "initd" to /etc/init.d/couchpotato - > "sudo cp initd /etc/init.d/couchpotato"
If you want, change "RUN_AS=root" to another user.
If your CP installation isn't in "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/", make sure to change the path in the initd script.
Make executable "sudo chmod a+x /etc/init.d/couchpotato"
Invoke CP to Launch on Startup - > "sudo update-rc.d couchpotato defaults"
Start "sudo /etc/init.d/couchpotato start"

- RuudBurger - 2010-11-13

Yeah it's on the wiki, but I'll add it to the readme. Thanks

- danz0l - 2010-11-14

DejaVu77 Wrote:My renaming's not working over here. It simply ignores anything that's in the Sab Movie download directory (/home/xbmc/downloads/complete/Movies) - case sensitivity taking into account too.

Movie Destination is set to - /media/Media Drive 1/Movies/, But I'm still having to Move and Rename manually.

Been through the Log and found -
00:37:16 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Watched folder doesn't exist.
00:37:16 INFO [ app.lib.cron.yarr] YarrCron thread is running.
00:37:16 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Renamer thread is running.

I've just tweaked a few things and found a new movie - Fingers crossed it may do it.
I've only renamed the Movie Folders, is there a way of Post-Processing Movie folders with CP?

--EDIT--
No joy -
How often does the renaming process occur?
I gather CP is not informed when the download has been complete like Sickbead does using the autoProcessTV.cfg as CP doesnt have that option (does it?)
Is there anyway to invoke it? It seems as though the watched folder is not 'watched'...?

I've pretty much given up all hope on understanding how couchpotato runs its cron to rename. Today it renamed one of my moves and moved it perfectly, but left 5 more and has left them there for days. Sometimes it works, very often it doesn't and i can't find any errors in the logs relating to the issue. Real shame as the new nfo generator was a great idea Sad

Is there anyway to manually trigger this somehow ?

Edit. Running the couchpotato init.d script as root renamed the files

#! /bin/sh

Quote:### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: CouchPotato application instance
# Required-Start: $all
# Required-Stop: $all
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Short-Description: starts instance of CouchPotato
# Description: starts instance of CouchPotato using start-stop-daemon
### END INIT INFO

############### EDIT ME ##################
# path to app
APP_PATH=/home/xbmc/.couchpotato

# path to python bin
DAEMON=/usr/bin/python

# startup args
DAEMON_OPTS=" CouchPotato.py -q"

# script name
NAME=couchpotato

# app name
DESC=CouchPotato

# user
RUN_AS=root

PID_FILE=/var/run/couchpotato.pid

But now all the renamed files are owned by root and not xbmc so i can't move or edit them at all Sad I had originally got this running as xbmc, i.e. RUN_AS=xbmc

Any ideas ?

- RuudBurger - 2010-11-14

Renamer runs every 60seconds. It moves the movies to your movies directory and tries to copy the rights of this movies directory onto the just moved movie.
If the XBMC user doesn't have rights to your download directory, it won't find any movies, so make sure it does.
If you run CP as root, make sure your movies directory has proper permissions, as CP copies these permission to all the movies moved inside it.

- danz0l - 2010-11-14

RuudBurger Wrote:Renamer runs every 60seconds. It moves the movies to your movies directory and tries to copy the rights of this movies directory onto the just moved movie.
If the XBMC user doesn't have rights to your download directory, it won't find any movies, so make sure it does.
If you run CP as root, make sure your movies directory has proper permissions, as CP copies these permission to all the movies moved inside it.

Still dont get it. my user, xbmc, has rights to read and write to both the download directory (its what sab uses to download to) and to the moved directory but coachpotatos rename system is erratic and renames and moves some and leaves others.

- prae5 - 2010-11-15

Just noticed a number of my movies are being named incorrectly again. Example here of a correctly tagged 720p file being incorrectly renamed as a 1080p file. I'm assuming this is because of couchpotato making assumptions based on its file size - if this is the case, it should only do that as a fallback option if there is no tagging in the file/folder name. This seems to be a regression as I'm pretty sure I've posted about this before and it was fixed?

Code:
16:30:38 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/home/sabnzbd/downloads/complete/Movies/Salt.Directors.Cut.2010.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-xXx/salt.director's.cut.2010.720p.bluray.dts.x264-xxx.mkv" to /mnt/bigbox-movies/2010/Salt (2010)/Salt (2010).1080P..mkv.
16:30:38 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Removed old file: /mnt/bigbox-movies/2010/Salt (2010)/Salt (2010).R5..avi
16:30:37 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Quality Old: 1567, New 6697.
16:30:37 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Trying to find a home for: salt.director's.cut.2010.720p.bluray.dts.x264-xxx.mkv
16:30:37 INFO  [          app.lib.library] Retrieved metainfo: {u'common': [{u'duration': u'1:44:04', u'creation date': u'2010-10-29 23:36:20', u'producer': u'libebml v1.0.0 + libmatroska v1.0.0', u'endianness': u'Big endian', u'mime type': u'video/x-matroska'}], u'audio stream': [{u'title': u'DTS', u'compression': u'DTS', u'channel': 6, u'sample rate': 48000.0}], u'video stream': [{u'image width': 1280, u'image height': 534, u'compression': u'AVC'}]}

- RuudBurger - 2010-11-15

Yes, This was fixed. I'll have a look.

- RuudBurger - 2010-11-15

@prae5:
Could you try a clean install? I tested it, and it works for me.
Or maybe, shutdown and removing all the .pyc files would be enough. For some reason the short time I implemented the git updater, it screwed something up in the files..

Trailers not downloading - Einsteinjr - 2010-11-15

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed in the thread, but I couldn't find anything from a quick search....

I have the latest Windows binary of couchpotato. I'm able to get everything working except for downloading a trailer AFTER a new movie has been downloaded. I know the trailer exists because if I force download the trailer under the "Manage" tab once the movie has been downloaded, it finds the trailer.

I don't see anything in the logs after the file is moved to indicate that an attempt to search for the trailer has been made. Also, I see that CP tries to search for subtitles, even though I do not have that checked in my settings. Perhaps those two problems are related?

My set up had been working before I upgraded from the previous Windows Build - the one just before subtitles were implemented.

- deltazulu - 2010-11-16

A Check All button for the snatched area would be nice. 100 movies to check off is no fun Smile

- prae5 - 2010-11-16

RuudBurger Wrote:@prae5:
Could you try a clean install? I tested it, and it works for me.
Or maybe, shutdown and removing all the .pyc files would be enough. For some reason the short time I implemented the git updater, it screwed something up in the files..

Sure, will give this a try tomorrow.

- deltazulu - 2010-11-16

deltazulu Wrote:Originally Posted by deltazulu
Ok, possible new issue here that I'm finding now that renaming is working for me.

log:
17:54:54 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/Braveheart 1995 720P Bluray X264 Sinners.mkv" to /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Braveheart (1995)/Braveheart cd1 (1995).1080P.mkv.
17:54:54 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Quality Old: 0, New 8183.
17:54:54 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Creating directory /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Braveheart (1995)
17:54:54 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Trying to find a home for: Braveheart 1995 720P Bluray X264 Sinners.mkv

It downloaded a 720p movie as requested, but renamed it as a 1080P movie. I'm noticing this is happening on many of my movies, all of them are on the large side (~8GB or more filesize) of the 720P range, but they are definitely 720P resolution, and CP thinks they are 1080P when it renames them.

RuudBurger Wrote:I thought I fixed that, what version are you on?

always on latest..

and it is still happening tonight on Version: 2b91073 -

17:14:38 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Quality Old: 0, New 8195.
17:14:38 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/The_Shawshank_Redemption_1994_720p_BluRay_DTS_x264_EbP/The Shawshank Redemption (1994).mkv" to /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Shawshank Redemption, The (1994)/The Shawshank Redemption (1994).1080P.mkv.

UPDATE: I did a clean install, and just copied over my config.ini and data file and now renaming is fixed.