Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- stekre - 2010-11-18

I get an endless "Searching for new release dates". Log says this:

18:59:17 INFO [ app.lib.cron.yarr] Finished search.
18:59:17 INFO [ app.lib.cron.yarr] Searching for new downloads, for all movies.

Is there some way to fix it?
I would also be nice if it was possible to set your own rss which should be searched for torrents.

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2010-11-18

I have downloaded the program for windows, I am on a win 7 machine and I can not get the program to install when try normally and as administrator. Is there something I am missing? I tried versions 24 and 25.

http://pastebin.com/7xsjEVf9

- gugahoi - 2010-11-19

Nice program, been playing around with it trying to get the perfect setup.
I wanted to ask if everything runs fine with the python version in windows? And is there a way to have the python version running without a python console window open?

I just uninstalled the windows build for the python as I wanted the latest version available and for the look of it it seems to be working ok, but it only recognized a few movies that were already downloaded, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to manage these movies to see if the info couch potato gathered is the correct one. Also, is subtitle and trailer downloading supposed to be working?

Thanks in advance

- sedmonds - 2010-11-19

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:I have downloaded the program for windows, I am on a win 7 machine and I can not get the program to install when try normally and as administrator. Is there something I am missing? I tried versions 24 and 25.

http://pastebin.com/7xsjEVf9

Judging by the output looks like something is already listening on port 5000!

Open a command prompt, and run:

netstat -ano | findstr 5000 | findstr LISTEN

C:\Users\Simon>netstat -ano | findstr 5000 | findstr LISTEN
TCP 0.0.0.0:5000 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 5436

Now take the last number at the end of the line and run the following command:

C:\Users\Simon>tasklist | findstr 5436CouchPotato.exe 5436 RDP-Tcp#0 1 31,936 K

In my case here, obviously we can see Couchpotato running, but you will most likely have something else listening on that port.

You could change the default port that CP is running or investigate the other program.

- splnuts - 2010-11-19

Installed this yesterday on Win 7 64. Works good. Would love better torrent support, but still a nice program. I am assuming that the program will download the highest seeded match, but it would be nice to see the matches before automatically downloading the torrent.

- stekre - 2010-11-19

After looking through this thread I think I found out why I get the endless "Searching for new release dates" message. I guess it's because I haven't added any movies to the wanted list. Is that right? If so I think it would be an idea to add an error message instead. Had me puzzled for some time.

When do you think the "suggestion" section would be added? I would really like that. Thanks for a great program btw Smile

- cable_guy - 2010-11-19

hi all, I get an "update available" message, and when I click to update, it fails every time. Any ideas? I'm on f60d448 if it helps

- Dilligaf - 2010-11-19

gugahoi Wrote:Nice program, been playing around with it trying to get the perfect setup.
I wanted to ask if everything runs fine with the python version in windows? And is there a way to have the python version running without a python console window open?

I just uninstalled the windows build for the python as I wanted the latest version available and for the look of it it seems to be working ok, but it only recognized a few movies that were already downloaded, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to manage these movies to see if the info couch potato gathered is the correct one. Also, is subtitle and trailer downloading supposed to be working?

Thanks in advance

Make a shortcut with "C:\Python26\pythonw.exe C:\Couchpotato\Couchpotato.py" without the quotes as the target, change paths to suit your install. Or you can rename couchpotato.py to couchpotato.pyw but will have to redo whenever you update.

Mike

- compcentral - 2010-11-19

LoL Wrote:This should be an option Smile

It would make searching for subtitles easier because you can still see which group ripped it.

Would it be possible to implement? THX alot!!

LoL Wink

AGREED!!!! This is exactly what I would like to do as well. It also helps when you watch a movie and find that it is a poor release and/or nuked... and would like to avoid downloading the same release again.

- compcentral - 2010-11-19

danz0l Wrote:I think it would be a good idea to have a script that is called from sabnzb like sickbeard does. This way it only fires on successful download and hands back to couchpotato to process, rename, download fanart etc and then update its status. This would be less resource hungry too as it only fires when completing a file (that is actually complete).

What do you think ? Couch already hands the downloading process to sab anyway, so allowing it to fire the rename script seems a good idea.

You can also use SAB's API to view when the download is complete to trigger CP's post-processing. I'm creating my own app that is basically a SickBeard/CP for music program and that's what I do.

- stekre - 2010-11-20

I need some nzb neewb guidance Oo
If I have understood this program correctly I need to add some info under providers to be able to download nzb's. But what do I do when I have to pay at NZBMatrix to get the API key and NZBs.org don't accept any more registrations? Do i have to have a crack at newznab, and setup that to be able to find any nzbs with couch potato?

- compcentral - 2010-11-20

Is the trailer and subtitle download supposed to be occurring for newly downloaded movies after a successful download in SAB? If so, it's not working for me... although I don't use the the renamer since it totally destroyed my movie collection a few times. It would be nice if trailers and subtitles could be downloaded automatically without using the renamer script.

- compcentral - 2010-11-20

stekre Wrote:I need some nzb neewb guidance Oo
If I have understood this program correctly I need to add some info under providers to be able to download nzb's. But what do I do when I have to pay at NZBMatrix to get the API key and NZBs.org don't accept any more registrations? Do i have to have a crack at newznab, and setup that to be able to find any nzbs with couch potato?

It's simple. Pay $10 to nzbmatrix... Problem solved.

- stekre - 2010-11-20

compcentral Wrote:It's simple. Pay $10 to nzbmatrix... Problem solved.

Well, of course. But newznab is an viable alternative? Didn't say too much on their webpage so really not sure I understand how it's working. But from what I could read I should be able to search usenet by installing it?

- gugahoi - 2010-11-20

nzb.su - newznab provider, free, pretty good