Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- daffeh - 2010-12-10

sure... what part because it does contain my api key Smile
can i blank that out?

- alshain - 2010-12-10

of course Wink
Just strip any personal information you want, just make sure to leave the essential paths intact Wink But you can strip out usernames and stuff like that, just mark these areas with **** so I know that something would be there Wink

- daffeh - 2010-12-10

here ya go
http://pastebin.com/MqFRExyd

- alshain - 2010-12-10

According to the log, IMDB does not search via title. It only uses the IMDB id.
The problem with the legend of the Guardians is, that the NZB on nzb.su has the name cbgb-legendaryguardians720 - which CP obviously refuses. It might be appropriate to diable the name check, when searching by IMDB ID.
As for superman: the release isn't even mapped to the IMDB id, that's why CP doesn't find it. In that case, a search by title would help.

- daffeh - 2010-12-10

is that anything i can do? Can't really find it in the settings

Little help with NZB please? - memevertical - 2010-12-10

Hi everyone,

ok, so I just found out about couchpotato and sickbeard. They look awesome, but as I started playing with them I discovered also about NZB.

I tried reading a little bit about them but I still dont understand how it works. Couchpotato asked me for a server, so I researched but none of the free ones seamed to connect......

Can someone help me out? Thank you so much!!!!!!

- alshain - 2010-12-10

@memevertical:

CouchPotato and Sick-Beard work best with SABnzbd+, which is a python based Usenet client. You will have to install that as well to get it to work.

An NZB file will tell the Usenet client which files to get and which messages make up one such a file.

daffeh Wrote:is that anything i can do? Can't really find it in the settings
nope, you can't Wink

But you can add the NZBs manually to SAB and put it into the same category as CP puts your movies, and they'll be sorted correctly.

- memevertical - 2010-12-10

Thanks alshain!!!

I was able to kinda figure out everything, but I'm still having trouble with the whole nzb server thing, when I'm installing SABnzbd, and i get to the "server details", I dont know what to put.....can you suggest some free servers?

And the other thing is that sickbeard wont find anything, I even tried putting "seinfeld" and it shows all seasons, but when I click next to the episode to find it, it says it didnt find anything, and in the settings I even checked all search providers......

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!!

- spencers - 2010-12-10

memevertical Wrote:Thanks alshain!!!

I was able to kinda figure out everything, but I'm still having trouble with the whole nzb server thing, when I'm installing SABnzbd, and i get to the "server details", I dont know what to put.....can you suggest some free servers?

And the other thing is that sickbeard wont find anything, I even tried putting "seinfeld" and it shows all seasons, but when I click next to the episode to find it, it says it didnt find anything, and in the settings I even checked all search providers......

Usenet+free ?? No

- Habskilla - 2010-12-11

memevertical Wrote:Thanks alshain!!!

If your ISP doesn't supply free newsgroup access, then you'll need to buy access from a place like http://www.astraweb.com.

- jonnyb - 2010-12-11

I'm having a problem with the rename feature not renaming unless I restart CP.

On first start it will scan folder and rename+move appropriately, but after that it simply doesn't work until the next manual restart.

It was mentioned a few posts back but no fix posted just wondering if anyone has any updates?

Running Windows build r27 on WHS

- RuudBurger - 2010-12-11

It should be fixed, could you post the log?

Prefer nzb first, then torrent - acribb - 2010-12-12

If I have both NZBs and Torrents selected, it seems that CouchPotato looks at torrents first then NZBs no matter what number of hours I put 'Wait x hours for nzb'. I tried 0 and 24 and not matter what, CouchPotato looks for the torrent first. I would rather it look for the nzb first.

**Edit** It looks like CouchPotato looks at NZB first then Torrents for EACH quality selected. So if you have 1080p, 720p, etc. it goes NZB 1080p, Torrent 1080p, NZB 720P, torrent 720p.... Is there any way to change this so that it looks for all qualities in NZB first, then Torrent?

Any ideas?

- jonnyb - 2010-12-12

Hi Ruud, I seemed to have fixed the problem now.

For some reason there was 3 instances of CP running and as soon as I killed them all and started the service again it fixed up the renamer.

One question though, what does the renamer look at for comparing movies to as I've had a few that were renamed incorrectly and were pretty far off from the original name.

- Therms - 2010-12-12

jonnyb Wrote:Hi Ruud, I seemed to have fixed the problem now.

For some reason there was 3 instances of CP running and as soon as I killed them all and started the service again it fixed up the renamer.

One question though, what does the renamer look at for comparing movies to as I've had a few that were renamed incorrectly and were pretty far off from the original name.

If a .nfo was downloaded with the movie, CP first looks in it to find an imdb id. Make sure you aren't using sabnzbd or something to clean up the .nfo files.

After that, it just does its best to guess from the file and folder name. If they aren't named in some sane manner, then you're screwed.