Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- alshain - 2010-12-23

Mike8913 Wrote:Thank you for the response and I realize that to you and many more experienced users that might sound very clear cut and simple. However, I still feel lost. Could you point me toward some info on how to make all this happen. I just don't understand Git at all.

I suggest you, not to use Git at all, because updating only happens without git - unless that was changed in recent versions.

Fetch the zip/tarball instead, just click on the "Downloads" button on the GitHub page.

- f00kie - 2010-12-23

Hi guys,

This is a bit offtopic, but what is the best website/service/app to use to see which new relevant movies are coming out on BluRay soon? I have plenty of bandwidth/space on my server, so really, my criteria for movie downloading is for the movie having had a wide release, and say, having a rating of at least 4.0 on imdb.com. Is there a website that will filter these movies out for me so that I could add them to my Couch Potato?

Thanks.

- compcentral - 2010-12-23

f00kie Wrote:Hi guys,

This is a bit offtopic, but what is the best website/service/app to use to see which new relevant movies are coming out on BluRay soon? I have plenty of bandwidth/space on my server, so really, my criteria for movie downloading is for the movie having had a wide release, and say, having a rating of at least 4.0 on imdb.com. Is there a website that will filter these movies out for me so that I could add them to my Couch Potato?

Thanks.

You could browse here: http://scenereleases.info/category/movies/movies-bluray-rip

Then click the IMDB link and use the userscript to add to CP. Not the best option, but it works.

- f00kie - 2010-12-23

compcentral Wrote:You could browse here: http://scenereleases.info/category/movies/movies-bluray-rip

Then click the IMDB link and use the userscript to add to CP. Not the best option, but it works.

I think my goal would be to do this once a month or so, for upcoming release, and not necessarily wait for the ones that have already been released. i.e. I want to get the movie as soon as it's posted, and therefore, checking sccenereleases.info once a month won't be sufficient as I'll be waiting up to 1 month to download a released movie.

Thanks though.

- Therms - 2010-12-24

steve1977 Wrote:Having said this, I am not a coder and may oversee teh complexity of implementing this.

It's complex, but not that big of a deal.

In other news...I just merged the post-processing branch into master. This is still an experimental feature, but if you want to use it, simply set the "ppDir" key under the "sabnzbd" section in config.ini to the folder where you have sabnzbd set to look for post-processing scripts. (Look in sabnzbd>config>folders for this info).

The CP process must have read/write permissions to this folder, of course.

Theoretically, this will pretty much eliminate wrong movie identifications.

This is a short-term fix that will be expanded in the future.

- steve1977 - 2010-12-24

Therms Wrote:It's complex, but not that big of a deal.

In other news...I just merged the post-processing branch into master. This is still an experimental feature, but if you want to use it, simply set the "ppDir" key under the "sabnzbd" section in config.ini to the folder where you have sabnzbd set to look for post-processing scripts. (Look in sabnzbd>config>folders for this info).

The CP process must have read/write permissions to this folder, of course.

Theoretically, this will pretty much eliminate wrong movie identifications.

This is a short-term fix that will be expanded in the future.

First of all merry xmas to you and your family!!! Thanks for the amazing work on CP, which is an amazing software.

Not sure whether I fully understand the above. Can you elaborate more what I would need to do and what it would accomplish? Would this avoid downloading the same movie twice if I select the same movie again using the userscript?

- Mike8913 - 2010-12-24

alshain Wrote:I suggest you, not to use Git at all, because updating only happens without git - unless that was changed in recent versions.

Fetch the zip/tarball instead, just click on the "Downloads" button on the GitHub page.

as far as I can tell those are only for windows install. I'm running LIVE so no go there.

- Tbtf - 2010-12-24

darkscout Wrote:Copy and paste this into your terminal window.
Code:
uname -a > /tmp/py
which python >> /tmp/py
python --version 2>> /tmp/py
cat /tmp/py | curl -F 'sprunge=<-' http://sprunge.us

And paste the results.

these are the only results i am getting?

http://sprunge.us/XXfH

- darkscout - 2010-12-24

Something is jacked up with your python install.

try

/usr/bin/python CouchPotato.py

- Therms - 2010-12-24

steve1977 Wrote:First of all merry xmas to you and your family!!! Thanks for the amazing work on CP, which is an amazing software.

Not sure whether I fully understand the above. Can you elaborate more what I would need to do and what it would accomplish? Would this avoid downloading the same movie twice if I select the same movie again using the userscript?

This has nothing to do with duplicate prevention. It just makes sure that after sabnzbd downloads a movie that CP identifies "Movie X" as "Movie X" and not "Movie Y".

In the most general terms it creates a link between these actions:

1. CP finds a movie to download.
2. CP sends command to sabnzbd to download Movie X.
3. CP finds a newly downloaded movie in the sabnzbd movie download folder.

Previously, CP would just do it's best to identify the newly-found movie via several different methods, and if it happened to be a movie that CP had recently sent to sabnzbd that was fine, but if it wasn't, that was fine to.

The problem arises when CP's methods for identifying which movie a download is fail and it thinks Movie X is actually Movie Y.

That shouldn't happen anymore if you use the ppDir option, as there is now a link between all three steps above. This causes sabnzbd to write a special "cpnfo.cp" file to the same folder as the newly downloaded movie. When CP finds that file, it knows exactly which movie it is.

- Tbtf - 2010-12-25

darkscout Wrote:Something is jacked up with your python install.

try

/usr/bin/python CouchPotato.py

Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CouchPotato.py", line 38, in <module>
from app.config.configApp import configApp
File "/Applications/CouchPotato/app/config/configApp.py", line 140
with open(self.file, 'wb') as configfile:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Sickbeard installed fine.

- Therms - 2010-12-25

Tbtf Wrote:Sickbeard installed fine.

Sickbeard targets a lower python version than CP does.

- steve1977 - 2010-12-25

Therms Wrote:The problem arises when CP's methods for identifying which movie a download is fail and it thinks Movie X is actually Movie Y.

That shouldn't happen anymore if you use the ppDir option, as there is now a link between all three steps above. This causes sabnzbd to write a special "cpnfo.cp" file to the same folder as the newly downloaded movie. When CP finds that file, it knows exactly which movie it is.

Sounds good. Also still hoping for a function to avoid "duplicate downloads" through CP (for the cases when I select a movie in CP).

- darkscout - 2010-12-25

Tbtf Wrote:Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CouchPotato.py", line 38, in <module>
from app.config.configApp import configApp
File "/Applications/CouchPotato/app/config/configApp.py", line 140
with open(self.file, 'wb') as configfile:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Sickbeard installed fine.

Which I don't get. I'm running 2.6.6 (granted I have a MacPorts install in /opt/local/bin/python)

One last thing, you may have 2.5 selected.

Try:
Code:
/usr/bin/python2.6 CouchPotato.py

- Tbtf - 2010-12-25

when i run that command i get No Such File or directory.