Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- msderganc - 2011-01-05

bmcclure937 Wrote:I am curious to know if CP can analyze your current XBMC library and automatically begin finding and downloading higher quality versions of your media collection. I was not sure if this was an option or if the original SD file had to be downloaded by CP...

This would be a great addition!

Renamer is now copying instead of moving. - fade23 - 2011-01-06

At some point after a recent update (I'm currently on the latest version), the renamer script started copying movies from the directory they ended up in from SAB to the final movie directory, instead of just moving them (both locations exist on the same disk). So now I end up with two copies of the movie. Was this an intentional change? Is there any way to revert back to the old way, or am I missing some new configuration option?

- compcentral - 2011-01-06

Therms Wrote:CP already does something like this. I implemented a couple weeks ago.

No one has implemented a UI for it yet, but all you have to do is set the "ppDir" setting in config.ini to SAB's post-processing directory.

After that you'll never have a mis-identified movie again (unless the movie is identified wrong on usenet or at the nzb provider...in which case there's not much to do about it).

Excellent. I was hoping this would be implemented. I'm currently working on something similar in my "AudioMatic" project (automated music downloader). I'll have to take a look at your Sab scripts and compare them to mine. For music it gets a little more complicated though since I need to rename tracks and set ID3 tags. I handle that with a separate post-processing process.

bmcclure937 Wrote:I am curious to know if CP can analyze your current XBMC library and automatically begin finding and downloading higher quality versions of your media collection. I was not sure if this was an option or if the original SD file had to be downloaded by CP...

msderganc Wrote:This would be a great addition!

Agreed

- bmcclure937 - 2011-01-06

compcentral Wrote:Agreed

I also agree... but the method to implement this functionality would need to be carefully planned.

You obviously do not want Couch Potato just automatically downloading 1080p rips of every single SD movie in you library. If you have 400 Standard Definition movies and CP finds that half of them have 1080p rips available... then your connection would be getting slammed for a looong time as they queue up and download.

There would need to be some method to specify or mark items you would like updated. Oo

- msderganc - 2011-01-06

bmcclure937 Wrote:There would need to be some method to specify or mark items you would like updated. Oo

Maybe a limit to queue x movies per day? Or a scheduler to only download during certain hours (maybe sabnzbd already has this)?

- MikeBuzz - 2011-01-06

MikeBuzz Wrote:is there a way to prevent the renaming script opening a python window when run, as i am running CP on the same box as XBMC and when the script is run it goes back to the desktop with the python script window open

anyone know how to stop the python window coming up when CP is processing the downloadsHuh

bmcclure937 Wrote:I also agree... but the method to implement this functionality would need to be carefully planned.

You obviously do not want Couch Potato just automatically downloading 1080p rips of every single SD movie in you library. If you have 400 Standard Definition movies and CP finds that half of them have 1080p rips available... then your connection would be getting slammed for a looong time as they queue up and download.

There would need to be some method to specify or mark items you would like updated. Oo

I wouldn't be too concerned about this... so what if they get added to SAB... just pause/delete the ones you don't want want to download right away an/or set a speed limit (or schedule) in SAB.

The hardest part about this would be correctly identifying previously downloaded movies. I suggest scanning for all movies and creating a list of "most likely matches" and show the user this in a confirmation window. Then require the user to verify and/or correct the suggested matches before adding them to CP.

- memevertical - 2011-01-06

Hey, where does this software search for torrents?

I have a few movies that they have been out for more than a year, and still it doesnt find a 720 or 1080 torrent........

Thanks!!!

- isamu.dragon - 2011-01-06

memevertical Wrote:Hey, where does this software search for torrents?

I have a few movies that they have been out for more than a year, and still it doesnt find a 720 or 1080 torrent........

Thanks!!!

The Pirates Bay

- memevertical - 2011-01-07

Any idea why it finds some movies but not others? If I go to website myself I can find the movie, why isn't it finding them, is there something I can do?

Thanks!!!!!!

- fade23 - 2011-01-07

Therms Wrote:CP already does something like this. I implemented a couple weeks ago.

No one has implemented a UI for it yet, but all you have to do is set the "ppDir" setting in config.ini to SAB's post-processing directory.

After that you'll never have a mis-identified movie again (unless the movie is identified wrong on usenet or at the nzb provider...in which case there's not much to do about it).

So this would be the default directory that SAB unpacks stuff to, or is it where it unpacks Movie category downloads?

- MikeBuzz - 2011-01-07

fade23 Wrote:So this would be the default directory that SAB unpacks stuff to, or is it where it unpacks Movie category downloads?

i though it was meant to be the dir where you have set sabnzbd to look for scripts? maybe i am wrong?? also if you set the ppDir should you disable renaming in CP??

- cosmicr - 2011-01-07

hi there again. I was wondering a couple of things:

1. where does CP get subtitles from, and how?

2. is it possible to move (rename) files without renaming the filenames? I'm finding that the subtitles I have are often wrong, and I have to re-get them using the opensubtitles addon but it relies on the original source filename which is not available after CP has moved the movie.

I hope this makes sense.

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, how do I go about getting forced subtitles? I got all the star wars movies, but I cant understand the alien parts!

And lastly, CP is a great product, keep up the good work!

- mstephans - 2011-01-07

I just installed and am using torrents, not Usenet. I have put in 6 movies, at least 5 of which I can find on The Pirate Bay, but none get downloaded. Any hints? I can add the log if you would like, but it doesn't seem to shed light on the issue.