Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- t2ffn - 2010-10-02

I downloaded the skin via Git on my linux laptop then sent them to my addons folder on my HTPC, but 2 or 3 of the images in the media folder say they are not found, but when transfer completes, there is no skin.aeon65 folder?!

Crazy. Do I need to re-pull from Git? Its a few images missing, how can it screw up the transfer??

Please get this skin in the addon repo. Git etc is old hat. I want to try your Aeon! Big GrinBig Grin

- Mindzai - 2010-10-02

I've just installed font_rework on a new xbmc install and it seems to cause XBMC to crash whenever i try to browse the filesystem. This only happens with Aeon65, all other skins I tried work fine.

To clarify, I go to File Browser and click on an external USB drive (the only drive available) and it immediately crashes XBMC.

Is there anything I can provide to help you figure out the cause?

- pixdamix - 2010-10-02

Big_Noid Wrote:I don't get why we have to change the font. Just to get Aeon to the repository? The font is one of the reasons why Aeon is the skin it is today. I checked out the font_rework branch, but it just isn't Aeon without the characteristic font. Please put your effort in perfectioning Aeon65.

Because fonts are like software, they have licences restricting their uses and redistributions. Now we use free (as in free speech, not free beer) opensources fonts. So no legal troubles.

- pixdamix - 2010-10-02

t2ffn Wrote:I downloaded the skin via Git on my linux laptop then sent them to my addons folder on my HTPC, but 2 or 3 of the images in the media folder say they are not found, but when transfer completes, there is no skin.aeon65 folder?!

Crazy. Do I need to re-pull from Git? Its a few images missing, how can it screw up the transfer??

Please get this skin in the addon repo. Git etc is old hat. I want to try your Aeon! Big GrinBig Grin

Then just read the readme, You can go on github and download a zip file

- phil65 - 2010-10-02

Small Teaser:

new look will be optional of course, so I don´t want to hear anyone complaining Wink

- phil65 - 2010-10-02

Mindzai Wrote:I've just installed font_rework on a new xbmc install and it seems to cause XBMC to crash whenever i try to browse the filesystem. This only happens with Aeon65, all other skins I tried work fine.

To clarify, I go to File Browser and click on an external USB drive (the only drive available) and it immediately crashes XBMC.

Is there anything I can provide to help you figure out the cause?

debug log would be useful

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-10-02

phil65 Wrote:Small Teaser:

new look will be optional of course, so I don´t want to hear anyone complaining Wink

Nice-looking sneak preview!
I like the lightning-borders, they look very neat.

Phil, Any chance for a random-movie-thingy on the homescreen ?

- phil65 - 2010-10-02

like this? Smile

Can also be displayed without recentlyadded.
some positioning still has to be done, will be ready in the final version.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-10-02

phil65 Wrote:like this? Smile

Can also be displayed without recentlyadded.
some positioning still has to be done, will be ready in the final version.

Looks really amazing!
Thanks!

- mindweaver - 2010-10-03

phil65 Wrote:Small Teaser:

Nice, but why display a teaser with the old font? That is just bullying us with a love for the old font Smile

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-10-03

phil,
could you integrate support for german ratings (for Aeon 2.0)

here are the files...

ImageImageImageImageImage

Files-Link-> CLICK
Link includes ratings for AU / UK / US / DE

Would be a nice addition..

- phil65 - 2010-10-03

ubuntuf4n Wrote:phil,
could you integrate support for german ratings (for Aeon 2.0)

here are the files...

ImageImageImageImageImage

Files-Link-> CLICK
Link includes ratings for AU / UK / US / DE

Would be a nice addition..

integrated already since some months... doesn´t work for you?

Hi Phil - Magua - 2010-10-03

1/ do you will add support for music fanart in file mode please?

2/when i have banner thumb for tv show in bannerplex, in tv show infopage there i have this banner but of course is streched. How can i place normal cover into tv show infopage? btw this cover is for all seasons cover, each season has this cover allright.

thanks for reply and this best skin!

- phil65 - 2010-10-03

mindweaver Wrote:Nice, but why display a teaser with the old font? That is just bullying us with a love for the old font Smile

That are the new fonts.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-10-03

phil65 Wrote:integrated already since some months... doesn´t work for you?

oh, it looks like I mixed something up in my media manager settings.
thx.

phil65 Wrote:That are the new fonts.

Phil, is there a workaround to get the old fonts after getting the skin from the repo (by overwriting files manually)?

With this way, Aeon could get into the official repo and also the old font could be still used (, by users which prefer that).

Greetz,
Ubuntuf4n