Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-03-07

How are users also using Windows Media Player 12 handling the Folder.jpg files in the albums folders?

If you use a program like MP3Tag to embed the album artwork cover image in to the MP3 files, WMP12 will down-res your Folder.jpg to 200x200 (No way to stop this). Which is why when using WMP/MCE I never embedded any cover images in to the MP3 files. Instead Windows Media Center would pick up my hi-res 600x600 Folder.jpg image in the albums folder and cache them as the same size, meaning decently looking albums covers in MCE on the TV.

I just got a 27" Apple iMAC machine and I plan to start using iTunes on there. iTunes requires the albums covers be embedded into the MP3 files or no cover gets displayed in iTunes. So thinking about now embedding the cover images in to all the MP3 files.

However If there is a 200x200 Folder.jpg image in the albums folder, is this the image that will be used and cached / displayed in XBMC ?
Or will XBMC use the hi-res cover image embedded in to the MP3 files?

EDIT: After carrying out some tests it appears the answer is that XBMC will just pick up the Folder.jpg that is in the albums folder and cache this locally on the XBMC PC in the C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\ folders or what ever that path is on Linux. So if the Folder.jpg is 200x200 low-res that's what you end up with in XBMC on the TV, a crappy looking image.

So if I have to embed covers in to MP3 files for iTunes this means WMP12 will then do its stupid thing and down-res the Folder.jpg in the albums folder to 200x200 resulting in poor quality images in XBMC and also in MCE.

So what's the answer? If I want to use WMP12 / MCE / iTunes and XBMC ? there must be some way to get them all working nicely together.

EDIT2: Think I just found it, modifying the registry as described here stops WMP12 for overwriting my hi-res 600x600 Folder.jpgs. Did a quick test and it seems to work.

Finally I can start embedding covers in to the MP3 files for use with iTunes and still have hi-res covers showing in XBMC or MCE.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - sion - 2013-03-08

Hi Smile

after scraping with cdART Manager create cdART Manager new dirs with (.) in the ending.
Problem is Windows cant open this dir and i cant deleting the dirs.
look the Screen Sad what i can do ??
sry for my english

greetz

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - haverer2 - 2013-03-08

Anyone help with this error... showing as 702 CDarts downloaded, but only 2 cdart.jpg files have actually been put in folders... log shows the line:
Thanks

18:27:19 T:3872 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame
18:32:19 T:1268 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2886 times.
18:32:19 T:1268 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
18:32:19 T:3872 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame
18:32:19 T:2616 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
18:32:19 T:3872 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
18:32:19 T:3872 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-03-09

(2013-03-08, 20:25)haverer2 Wrote: Anyone help with this error... showing as 702 CDarts downloaded, but only 2 cdart.jpg files have actually been put in folders... log shows the line:
Thanks

18:27:19 T:3872 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame
18:32:19 T:1268 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2886 times.
18:32:19 T:1268 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
18:32:19 T:2616 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
18:32:19 T:3872 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.

There is a reason all addon developers ask for a full debug log when you post problems.. That snippet has nothing(absolutely nothing) to do with the script.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - haverer2 - 2013-03-09

so... I've hopefully managed to include a link to the pasted log file!!

log file here

I've got 707 CDarts showing locally - reported in CDart... however if I search my music folder there are only three files named CDart.png and these are ones I put there manually

Anyone able to read the log and let me know where they've been stored, or perhaps why they've not been stored but are being reported as having been downloaded...

Any help very gratefully received... the addon sounds amazingly useful... I just can't seem to get it to work properly.

Thanks in advance.
John

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-03-09

(2013-03-09, 18:35)haverer2 Wrote: so... I've hopefully managed to include a link to the pasted log file!!

log file here

I've got 707 CDarts showing locally - reported in CDart... however if I search my music folder there are only three files named CDart.png and these are ones I put there manually

Anyone able to read the log and let me know where they've been stored, or perhaps why they've not been stored but are being reported as having been downloaded...

Any help very gratefully received... the addon sounds amazingly useful... I just can't seem to get it to work properly.

Thanks in advance.
John

Still looking for a debug log(a normal xbmc.log has very limited information.)

There is one error that popped up, that was a socket error. This error happens once in a while on my system as well, when the fanart.tv server is slow to respond. My guess is that the server failed to answer in the allotted time. I added 'Refresh fanart.tv data' to the 'Advanced' menu just for this case. It is below the 'Local cdART List' menu option in the Advance Menu.

Before running this, could you please turn on the Debugging option is XBMC settings, then post a debug log after you run this menu option.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - haverer2 - 2013-03-10

EDIT:
I have now solved the below issue.

For anyone else with the same problem, I'll take a second to post my fix...
The problem was that my MUSIC folder had been used on a different machine, under a different username. On my new machine, with different username and the folder copied back off my backup drive, it didn't have my current username listed in the directory permissions. Once added, with full control, and applied to all directories within the problem has gone away and on the next scan, the artcd.png files are saved.

Thanks to the writer of the script for supporting so far.
If at all possible, perhaps it would be good to add a line or two of code, which displays an error if there's a problem writing the actual files.

Look forward to future developments.

John

----------
ORIGINAL ISSUE:

So hopefully with debug turned on, this is what has been asked for:

log file

To confirm what I did:

(hopefully for ease of your reading, I've reduced the library to just three albums, that I know the CDart can be found for.

Started XBMC
stopped Live TV from playing.
Went to CDart and refreshed the library from scratch.
Library was built.
Clicked download CDart automatically. nothing showing in local CDart (bottom right hand corner)
Clicked refresh fanart.tv as suggested
clicked download CDart automatically again and a box did appear and looked like it was downloading for the three CDs
3 local CDarts then reported - however the screen that then shows them showed them all as black.
Going into local CDart list, shows list of artists, but again thumbnail to the left is just black.
No CDart.png saved to folder

I have had success using on a laptop with a smaller library - same file structure etc.
I'm wondering whether the log may point to a permissions folder, even though I've taken ownership, applied my username as permission etc.

Thanks for any pointers you can give.

John

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-03-10

Hi

Why do some artists in cdArt Manager have a blue fanart.tv disc image that says cdArt not found.

Yet when I go to the Fanart.tv website and search for the same artist, I can see there are CD images available for download.

Also when in cdArt Manager - Album cdArts - Select Artists

on some artists when I click on them they do not open I just see a buffering type thing popup in the top right hand corner. An example being 50 Cent that artist is listed as green. But it has not downloaded a cdart.png for his album Get Rich or Die Tryin' but there is an image available for that album on the fanart.tv site.

Thanks

EDIT: It seems the few artists I have looked at, the album name in the MP3 tags does not match exactly the name of the album as shown on the fanart.tv site, perhaps this is the problem. If I correct the tags how to I get it to download those missing cdarts? Thanks

Hi

I can't see anything wrong with this album in mp3tag ?

There is a CD image available on the fanart.tv site, yet in cdArt manager I have a blue not found disc showing.

Thanks

just double check in folder permissions that your current user has full rights to the folder... that was my issue in saving any cdart.png files... perhaps you just have a few folders like that, if they've been copied from someone else/restored from a backup drive etc.etc.? Only a thought.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-03-10

(2013-03-10, 15:15)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I can't see anything wrong with this album in mp3tag ?

There is a CD image available on the fanart.tv site, yet in cdArt manager I have a blue not found disc showing.

Thanks

Which version of cdART Manager do you have installed? If it is 3.0.1 you can refresh all the fanart.tv data. Also you might need to update the addon database. Both of these can have errors caused by a slow down in internet communication. Also, sometimes the MBIDs do not match between the script and fanart.tv this is often caused by a change on musicbrainz. The script has functions to keep the MBIDs updated, though I have seen fanart.tv to have older ones.

(2013-03-10, 09:49)haverer2 Wrote: EDIT:
I have now solved the below issue.

For anyone else with the same problem, I'll take a second to post my fix...
The problem was that my MUSIC folder had been used on a different machine, under a different username. On my new machine, with different username and the folder copied back off my backup drive, it didn't have my current username listed in the directory permissions. Once added, with full control, and applied to all directories within the problem has gone away and on the next scan, the artcd.png files are saved.

Thanks to the writer of the script for supporting so far.
If at all possible, perhaps it would be good to add a line or two of code, which displays an error if there's a problem writing the actual files.

Look forward to future developments.

John

----------
ORIGINAL ISSUE:

So hopefully with debug turned on, this is what has been asked for:

log file

To confirm what I did:

(hopefully for ease of your reading, I've reduced the library to just three albums, that I know the CDart can be found for.

Started XBMC
stopped Live TV from playing.
Went to CDart and refreshed the library from scratch.
Library was built.
Clicked download CDart automatically. nothing showing in local CDart (bottom right hand corner)
Clicked refresh fanart.tv as suggested
clicked download CDart automatically again and a box did appear and looked like it was downloading for the three CDs
3 local CDarts then reported - however the screen that then shows them showed them all as black.
Going into local CDart list, shows list of artists, but again thumbnail to the left is just black.
No CDart.png saved to folder

I have had success using on a laptop with a smaller library - same file structure etc.
I'm wondering whether the log may point to a permissions folder, even though I've taken ownership, applied my username as permission etc.

Thanks for any pointers you can give.

John

Did you fix your problems(file permissions)

The permissions fixed my problem, yes... CDart.png files are now saved to the music folders :-)
Having said that it stopped at artists beginning with D and didn't do any more!! ;-) I'm rescanning now to see if it will pick up the remaining album artists!Thanks :-)

(2013-03-10, 16:49)haverer2 Wrote: just double check in folder permissions that your current user has full rights to the folder... that was my issue in saving any cdart.png files... perhaps you just have a few folders like that, if they've been copied from someone else/restored from a backup drive etc.etc.? Only a thought.

I just checked a few album folders on the WHS 2011 server, the XBMC user has modify access, should have that level on all the folders.
I am running Ubuntu on the XBMC PC, don't know how to check users or permissions on there.

Thanks

(2013-03-10, 18:41)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-03-10, 16:49)haverer2 Wrote: just double check in folder permissions that your current user has full rights to the folder... that was my issue in saving any cdart.png files... perhaps you just have a few folders like that, if they've been copied from someone else/restored from a backup drive etc.etc.? Only a thought.

I just checked a few album folders on the WHS 2011 server, the XBMC user has modify access, should have that level on all the folders.
I am running Ubuntu on the XBMC PC, don't know how to check users or permissions on there.

Thanks

I'm afraid I've no real experience of Linux - yet... Now that I've found XBMC and don't need MCE, I don't need windows either, so can think of no reason to keep using it... I plan to migrate to Linux asap :-)

(2013-03-10, 20:55)haverer2 Wrote:
(2013-03-10, 18:41)cw-kid Wrote:

Thanks

I'm afraid I've no real experience of Linux - yet... Now that I've found XBMC and don't need MCE, I don't need windows either, so can think of no reason to keep using it... I plan to migrate to Linux asap :-)

Yep I am in the middle of migrating away from Windows 7 / MCE to Ubuntu / XBMC. Just working out all the artwork stuff for the Aeon MQ4 skin at the moment. Wink