Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

- giftie - 2011-02-12

scott8504 Wrote:I've began adding my music to XBMC and I have came across the cdART manager. I think it looks great and I would love to use it.
First of all I think I should mention that the cdART plays the default spinning CD nicely. I am having many problems with the cdART Manager though, more than likely my fault. When I first loaded the manager, I did not see any artist or albums in the counter (bottom left). I then went to settings and directed it to the folder where my music is located on my external hard drive. I then went to advanced, and clicked refresh addon database. It loaded though the 4,523 albums by its count, but when it reached 100% it froze up.
After restating XBMC, I then began looking at its other functions. Both options under search artists returned blank windows. Automatic download returned with 0 downloaded. I then came to this forum to find any setup guides, I did not find anything closer than this thread. I read all of the posts and followed some of the advise given to others. Still have not found the error in my ways. I'm sure that I must be making some sort of ignorant mistake.
More information to help with my problem. I'm using XBMC 10.0 r35647, Transparency! 3.11.1, cdART Manager 1.2.5 and my OS is windows 7 64bit.
I would be greatly appreciative to any thread re-direct, setup advice or basically any help that gets me on my way to downloading and enjoying the amazing cdART.

Please post your xbmc.log to pastebin. Best way for me to see where the script is failing you would be first delete the \userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager folder, turn on debugging(in XBMC settings). Restart XBMC. Run the script. It should try to build the its internal database the first time. If it locks up(I think it will) upload your xbmc.log to pastebin.

I think it may be an 'special' character in your file(could be in the id3tag, filename, or file path) with the log I should be able to determine what it might be.

- vanMiez - 2011-02-16

hey,

retagged my mp3 collection and now the discnumber tag has two digits which is also the case for the cd subfolders in the albumfolder. could you please change the script that it also recognizes %band%/%album%/CD xx/tracks ?
until yet it has worked like a charm with %band%/%album%/CD x/tracks...

thank you for your good work

- pigeldi - 2011-02-23

giftie Wrote:Please post your xbmc.log to pastebin. Best way for me to see where the script is failing you would be first delete the \userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager folder, turn on debugging(in XBMC settings). Restart XBMC. Run the script. It should try to build the its internal database the first time. If it locks up(I think it will) upload your xbmc.log to pastebin.

I think it may be an 'special' character in your file(could be in the id3tag, filename, or file path) with the log I should be able to determine what it might be.

I have the same problem, also after reinstalling the add-on. It worked once at an earlier time, but now it always hangs when scanning. Here is my error log:
http://pastebin.com/9WvLJ0vZ

- giftie - 2011-03-05

pigeldi Wrote:I have the same problem, also after reinstalling the add-on. It worked once at an earlier time, but now it always hangs when scanning. Here is my error log:
http://pastebin.com/9WvLJ0vZ

can you delete your /userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder

then re-run the script.

- giftie - 2011-03-05

vanMiez Wrote:hey,

retagged my mp3 collection and now the discnumber tag has two digits which is also the case for the cd subfolders in the albumfolder. could you please change the script that it also recognizes %band%/%album%/CD xx/tracks ?
until yet it has worked like a charm with %band%/%album%/CD x/tracks...

thank you for your good work

An error log would be helpful.. I thought I added double digits a little while ago.

- stoli - 2011-03-05

I'm having the same problem - it gets to trying to build the database and just hangs. Main difference for me may be that I am running on the nightlies (March 4 build)... I've deleted the db a few times as well as completely removing the folder and setting up from scratch.

log: http://pastebin.com/vRYJPqrc

Thanks!

- giftie - 2011-03-05

stoli Wrote:I'm having the same problem - it gets to trying to build the database and just hangs. Main difference for me may be that I am running on the nightlies (March 4 build)... I've deleted the db a few times as well as completely removing the folder and setting up from scratch.

log: http://pastebin.com/vRYJPqrc

Thanks!

there was a commit to the XBMC source that broke the script(it still worked fine under Dharma) though it may break be broken under Dhrama.1. I had it fixed a while ago, but wanted to fix some other things first before I had XBMC-Addons pull to the addons...

I'm just going to test it and see if it works fine before I ask for a pull, as it has been a couple of builds since I tested it last. It should be available later today though(as long as nothing serious is broken)

- stoli - 2011-03-05

giftie Wrote:there was a commit to the XBMC source that broke the script(it still worked fine under Dharma) though it may break be broken under Dhrama.1. I had it fixed a while ago, but wanted to fix some other things first before I had XBMC-Addons pull to the addons...

I'm just going to test it and see if it works fine before I ask for a pull, as it has been a couple of builds since I tested it last. It should be available later today though(as long as nothing serious is broken)

No problem - thanks for the prompt response. Amazing how we can 'waste' away a Saturday on xbmc. Shocked

Thanks again!

- grumpygamer - 2011-03-06

giftie Wrote:can you delete your /userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder

then re-run the script.

Hey there, I was trying to use your script.
I have a centralized nas with mysql and the database running there.
When it boots up it hangs while "scanning local database", probably because there is no "local database"...
Anyway I found your tip at the top and I tried looking for the folder to delete.
There is no such folder though (I am browsing ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data).
What should my next step be?

Cheers

- giftie - 2011-03-06

grumpygamer Wrote:Hey there, I was trying to use your script.
I have a centralized nas with mysql and the database running there.
When it boots up it hangs while "scanning local database", probably because there is no "local database"...
Anyway I found your tip at the top and I tried looking for the folder to delete.
There is no such folder though (I am browsing ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data).
What should my next step be?

Cheers

You don't have a folder called script.cdartmanager inside ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data ?

It shouldn't matter that it is a centralized database, the script does not do direct access to the database, it uses calls through XBMC(JSON and HTTPAPI calls) to access the database. The script does produce its own database for the script to use. (the one contained in userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager

Also could you post you xbmc.log to pastebin for me to check things out..

- grumpygamer - 2011-03-06

Exactly there is no such folder, I checked once again when I read your post.

Anyway here's my xbmc.log

http://pastebin.com/FM03a39P

I copy pasted it as the player was "stuck" retrieving database

Edit: I can see the path cdart manager is looking for in the log (/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager/)
but even if I "cd" it it says "no such file or directory"

- giftie - 2011-03-07

Have you set any settings yet?

The script is supposed to open the settings screen if the settings have yet been set. I almost feel like you haven't selected "OK" on the settings screen...

do you have anything in this folder?
Code:
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/
not the script.cdartmanager folder, but the level before.

- grumpygamer - 2011-03-07

yep that was the problem, I did not set any folder for the data.
I uninstalled, reinstalled, set the folders up and all went well.
Great script!
A small tip: it would be great to have a preview of the cdArt we are downloading from xbmcstuff, since we only get a text line Wink

Also a big preview on hover could be a nice idea for the currently installed arts.

Anyways thanks a lot!

- giftie - 2011-03-07

grumpygamer Wrote:Also a big preview on hover could be a nice idea for the currently installed arts.

Anyways thanks a lot!

You must be using a mouse(hence hover)... The installed CDArts are able to be viewed, Advanced -> Local CDArt List

XBMC Limits what can be in a select list window(the unmatched download window) Though I think another addon developer found a way to display a small icon(though it's only a very small thumbnail)

- pigeldi - 2011-03-08

giftie Wrote:can you delete your /userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder

then re-run the script.

Went a bit further, but still not working.
First is scanned all my 600 albums, then it started creating the addon database but seems to stop already with the first entry.
It just says
sorting album artists
künstlert::'n sync'

and nothing more happens.