Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-12-20

(2013-12-18, 05:30)xymotic Wrote: I'm having a real hard time building the initial database It's taking 10-15 seconds for each and every album

I've tried a number of different settings focusing mostly on trying to disable internet lookups to musicbrains because really I just want to see what's missing in the local library first

running 12.2 on windows 7 in portable mode

Log: http://pastebin.com/1QzFG30U

I've even tried turnng off my network thinking it would force it to just zip through locally but that didn;t work either It just wants to hang for a long timeout in between each and every lookup

Any help greatly appreciated

The only way to reduce the amount it takes to make the database is to have your own local MusicBrainz server. MusicBrainz requests a time delay. Turning off the internet causes socket timeouts and the script tries multiple times to match the album. Also to speed up the matching, would be to use a Tagger that supports MusicBrainz

[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - ktjensen - 2013-12-20

Gave up on this plugin. Using ARTIST SLIDESHOW instead. Works well as an alternative.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-12-21

(2013-12-20, 10:31)ktjensen Wrote: Gave up on this plugin. Using ARTIST SLIDESHOW instead. Works well as an alternative.

Good thing that this isn't a plug in...

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Rah85 - 2013-12-22

hi!
ive fixed cdART Manager Script for Gotham alpha10
first got to my git site and apply the changes ive made on XBMC Git.
now you can get the fixed cdART Manager zip from git repo and install it as zip file in XBMC. NOTE:You hae to install cdARTManager version 3.0.4!

My Git Site: Git_Rah85

if you have trouble PN me.

have fun!

Rah85

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - xymotic - 2013-12-24

(2013-12-20, 06:26)giftie Wrote:
(2013-12-18, 05:30)xymotic Wrote: I'm having a real hard time building the initial database It's taking 10-15 seconds for each and every album

I've tried a number of different settings focusing mostly on trying to disable internet lookups to musicbrains because really I just want to see what's missing in the local library first

running 12.2 on windows 7 in portable mode

Log: http://pastebin.com/1QzFG30U

I've even tried turnng off my network thinking it would force it to just zip through locally but that didn;t work either It just wants to hang for a long timeout in between each and every lookup

Any help greatly appreciated

The only way to reduce the amount it takes to make the database is to have your own local MusicBrainz server. MusicBrainz requests a time delay. Turning off the internet causes socket timeouts and the script tries multiple times to match the album. Also to speed up the matching, would be to use a Tagger that supports MusicBrainz

Thanks for the help

One more question: does the script write the Musicbrainz ID into the tag when it runs?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2013-12-26

cdart manager doesn't modify the source music any any way shape or form (So I was reliably informed by the author some time ago). It doesn't update tags or in any way change them. The folder.jpg and cdart.png files are placed in the folder with the music, and other art files are placed in the folder you specify in the settings. That's it.

Artist MBID's are stored in cdart's own DB which is separate again.

If you want to add MBID's to the files themselves you'll need to use a 3rd-party music manager that supports this. As most also do artwork, this would somewhat negate the need for cdart manager in the first place, unless of course that app downloaded only low quality artwork itself, which you then run cdart manager to replace.

MediaMonkey has a 3rd party user script that can do MBID's and AcoustID's, but it's old and has issues. There is also MusicBrainz Picard, but in my experience, it crashes far too often on large collections. So in order to do a large library like mine (22,000 tracks) I'd need to add each to Picard by Genre folder or by artist. This would take a considerable amount of time, and is somewhat "hands-on", meaning you can't just set it up, and walk away while it does it's thing. But you may get the end result you are looking for.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - xymotic - 2013-12-27

(2013-12-26, 22:39)gibxxi Wrote: cdart manager doesn't modify the source music any any way shape or form (So I was reliably informed by the author some time ago). It doesn't update tags or in any way change them. The folder.jpg and cdart.png files are placed in the folder with the music, and other art files are placed in the folder you specify in the settings. That's it.

Artist MBID's are stored in cdart's own DB which is separate again.

If you want to add MBID's to the files themselves you'll need to use a 3rd-party music manager that supports this. As most also do artwork, this would somewhat negate the need for cdart manager in the first place, unless of course that app downloaded only low quality artwork itself, which you then run cdart manager to replace.

MediaMonkey has a 3rd party user script that can do MBID's and AcoustID's, but it's old and has issues. There is also MusicBrainz Picard, but in my experience, it crashes far too often on large collections. So in order to do a large library like mine (22,000 tracks) I'd need to add each to Picard by Genre folder or by artist. This would take a considerable amount of time, and is somewhat "hands-on", meaning you can't just set it up, and walk away while it does it's thing. But you may get the end result you are looking for.

Thanks very much that's sort of as I expected. Picard on win does seem a little dodgy to me. Picard on mac seems to work a little better it at least saves the ID in songs it can't find which I haven't figured out how to do in Win

And I have my collection divided into A-B-C folders so can do it a couple thou at a time which works OK

I'm a bit surprised Media Monkey doesn't have this stuff built-in A lot of those scripts seem to be getting long in the tooth and it crashes on me way more than it should too

OK so my next question is: can XBMC/Cdart running under Win 7 read a cdart database crated with the mac version? I can't seem to get it to work (My problem is that my mac laptop can go to a fast internet connection but my HTPC is quite limited and flaky)

Thanks for all the help guys you've been great helping out this newb SmileBlush

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - wouterdt - 2013-12-29

(2013-12-22, 16:28)Rah85 Wrote: hi!
now you can get the fixed cdART Manager zip from git repo and install it as zip file in XBMC. NOTE:You hae to install cdARTManager version 3.0.4!

have fun!

Rah85

Thanks Rah85!! Such an easy fix, 1 line in 1 file. Wonder Why giftie wants to wait for rc1.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-12-29

(2013-12-29, 11:26)wouterdt Wrote:
(2013-12-22, 16:28)Rah85 Wrote: hi!

have fun!

Rah85

Thanks Rah85!! Such an easy fix, 1 line in 1 file. Wonder Why giftie wants to wait for rc1.

Because even though they are at the 'feature freeze' point of Gotham there are often bugs that are quite devastating to this script. For instance there has been some changes to the Music database that will cause some to have to rebuild their add on database twice between versions. This sort of thing would often be blamed on the script not XBMC. I'm just trying to save myself some unnecessary headaches until a closer to stable version is out.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - wouterdt - 2013-12-29

(2013-12-29, 18:51)giftie Wrote: Because even though they are at the 'feature freeze' point of Gotham there are often bugs that are quite devastating to this script. For instance there has been some changes to the Music database that will cause some to have to rebuild their add on database twice between versions. This sort of thing would often be blamed on the script not XBMC. I'm just trying to save myself some unnecessary headaches until a closer to stable version is out.

Thanks for the explaination.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cezar - 2013-12-30

Hi friends please write me how run cdART Manager Script on cinflunace skin ; thanks.
Im try find solution but im see erorr when i can run this script.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-12-30

Full debug logs posted to Pastebin or xbmclogs are always required for troubleshooting.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - xymotic - 2013-12-30

My music is stored as

/Music/A/Adele

CD Art manager puts the artist thumbs in

/Music/Adele

Is there a way to get CD art to respect the ABC subfolders?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-12-30

The problem is that XBMC does not provide an artist path, since it can have many different paths. The script uses a method that is supported by many skins. Once XBMC makes it possible to set artwork in the Music Library this won't be a problem.

So no it is not possible..

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - xymotic - 2014-01-01

(2013-12-30, 03:38)giftie Wrote: The problem is that XBMC does not provide an artist path, since it can have many different paths. The script uses a method that is supported by many skins. Once XBMC makes it possible to set artwork in the Music Library this won't be a problem.

So no it is not possible..

Cool thanks for the info

XBMC seems to have made quite a few 'weird' choices with regard to MP3's Confused
Like for example I'm kind of amazed how hard it is to set a rating --seems like such a simple thing and yet not so much!

I'm just happy CDART manger automated the process I can figure out something to deal with the images so thanks again!