Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - wgstarks - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-27, 01:45)iorifly Wrote: I do not know if this has already been asked or if I am talking some very big bullshit!

But it would be possible to pull the addon cdart of music albums at runtime? Such as artist fanart ....
    Why am I saying this ... it would be nice to hear a music addon and during implementation viewing the cover (it is already possible) Artist fanart (it is already possible) and the cdart, it is not yet possible.

I'm sure a lot depends on which skin you are using, but Artist Slideshow should provide for most of this.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - iorifly - 2015-01-27

But the Artist Slideshow already works!
    What I want is the CDART album .... get it?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - braz - 2015-01-31

(2015-01-27, 21:23)iorifly Wrote: But the Artist Slideshow already works!
    What I want is the CDART album .... get it?
Like wgstarks said, it depends on the skin you are using. Aeon Nox displays cdART in the music visualization window, not sure about others.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - iorifly - 2015-01-31

bryanbrazil,

The skin displays! But you need to run the addon before creating a database ... What I am talking about is open spotify addon, call the artist X and X album and show the rt of cd!
    That is, without creating the database ....

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Frozin - 2015-02-02

(2015-01-26, 17:58)stef.an Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 11:52)Frozin Wrote: I'll ask again hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me out.All i want are the commands to update the music library and pull all artwork so I can create a cron expression that would run every day or two. Could someone please help me with what the command is to update the cdart manager library and pull all the art.

I'd use the scheduler by the same developer but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Sorry Frozin, I'm short of time atm.
Here's your starting point: I suppose you are on linux? Use curl and the jsonrpc-API, Kodi must be running with Webserver enabled of course, use the IP and Port of your installation... check "man curl" if you use password protection of the webserver etc.

Update the db ("wait" doesn't work as the plugin forks to the background I think, so make sure to wait for the update to finish)
Code:
curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "id": 1, "params": { "addonid": "script.cdartmanager", "wait": true, "params": ["update"] }}' http://127.0.0.1:80/jsonrpc

Download all art
Code:
curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "id": 2, "params": { "addonid": "script.cdartmanager", "wait": true, "params": ["autoall"] }}' http://127.0.0.1:80/jsonrpc

Available parameters: "autocdart", "autocover", "autofanart", "autologo", "autothumb", "autobanner", "autoall", "update"

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out with that.... I was hoping it would of been a little bit simpler like the artwork downlaoder script Smile lol... I went ahead and tested the cmd by inputting it in a terminal and both give me an error

The first error is the data base update which is this

{"error":{"code":-32602,"message":"Invalid params."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

the second which is the all artwork download gives this error

{"error":{"code":-32602,"message":"Invalid params."},"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

I'm having trouble finding the error by searching google. Could you be of further assitance? Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - stef.an - 2015-02-02

Okay, I presume this means the addon is not installed correctly. You could try
Code:
curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.GetAddons", "id": 99}' http://127.0.0.1:80/jsonrpc

This should give you a list of all enabled addons and the list must contain "script.cdartmanager". If it doesn't, you'll have to reinstall the addon via the GUI (maybe delete the script folder first, but keep the data folder in "addon_data").

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - stef.an - 2015-02-02

iorifly, as far as I understand you're asking about collecting the cdart on the fly when playing an album.
I'm sure this is possible but it would be a completely different plugin as this one is designed to accumulate all possible artwork for offline usage.
It would be a nice feature though, maybe some day a developer will find the time to do that - assumed fanart.tv would agree doing that with their api as it would cause relatively heavy load.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - meowmoo - 2015-02-02

getting this error on my andriod box, on windows it works fine

Code:
22:14:30 T:18446744071607154040   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named PIL
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.spmc/addons/script.cdartmanager-Helix/default.py", line 99, in <module>
                                                from download import auto_download
                                              File "/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.spmc/addons/script.cdartmanager-Helix/resources/lib/download.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from PIL import Image
                                            ImportError: No module named PIL
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
22:14:30 T:2032475552   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2015-02-03

(2015-02-02, 12:37)stef.an Wrote: iorifly, as far as I understand you're asking about collecting the cdart on the fly when playing an album.
I'm sure this is possible but it would be a completely different plugin as this one is designed to accumulate all possible artwork for offline usage.
It would be a nice feature though, maybe some day a developer will find the time to do that - assumed fanart.tv would agree doing that with their api as it would cause relatively heavy load.

Actually I think it would be quite the contrary. cdART manager is a MASS downloader. The number of Download calls run on a new library where cdART manager has never before been run will generate a lot more downloads than someone downloading artwork "on the fly" for a few hours of realtime listening a day.

There will always be a demand for plugins like cdART manager, as those of us who are OCD-Max about our artwork would rather "set-it-and-forget-it" than have it done on a "per-listen" basis. I know I would, generally. I have some CD's in my collection I rarely listen to. Not because I dislike them, just that I have to be in the right mood to do so. So for them, they'd never get complete artwork.

As always, different strokes for different folks.

cdART manager is good at what it does, the only thing I dislike somewhat is the way it locks you in to it's UI and prevents you from doing anything else while a scan is ongoing. Also the length of time it takes to process a library of albums/tracks can be painfully long-winded. I'm hoping that at least some of the library scanning performance optimizations introduced in Helix could also be applied to cdART manager. Obviously, MusicBrainz and fanart.tv dictate some of that, but the ability to use registered MusicBrainz accounts, and/or password protected mirrors would negate (at least, for me) some of the headache that goes with keeping cdART manager on top of things.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - paulsk231 - 2015-02-04

struggling here . how do i get my arwork to save in my artist folders please ? tia

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - wgstarks - 2015-02-04

(2015-02-04, 19:55)paulsk231 Wrote: struggling here . how do i get my arwork to save in my artist folders please ? tia

Just enter the path to your music share in the settings menu.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - paulsk231 - 2015-02-05

ive got the music folder location set as c/music/artists and its finding artwork , just not actually saving the artwork (cdart, clear art, fanart etc) in the artist folders . ie, no extrafanart folder

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - crookers13 - 2015-02-07

hello guys

just started using this script and it is great.

I was hoping to get some help with a small issue.

I have done a scan of the library and it has found a lot of artwork and disc art etc. I have a separate folder with all the extra artwork in separated from my music folder. There is an album I have "The Blues Brothers" and for some reason it will not find the additional art for it that is available on fanart.tv even though it is all online.

There are a few things I have tried:
1) I have tried renaming it as it was originally show as "Blues Brothers, The" so I renamed it to "The Blues Brothers" and did a full rescan, it has now recognised it with its new name but still won't find the artwork.
2) I have manually downloaded the additional artwork and added it to the directory with all the other additional artwork using the same file structure and it still isn't showing upHuh?? the cdart I have added to the actual album folder is showing OK.

On fanart.tv it is just call "Blues Brothers" and not "The Blues Brothers" could this perhaps be the problem?

Any ideas how i could get it to recognise the folder I have created with the extra artwork in?? I would have thought it would have just picked it up when I did a rescan of the database as like i said it has exactly the same file structure as the other additional art that is showing up.

I was hoping someone could help as I was going to manually add more additional art for some of the other albums/artists it hasn't found but i'm not going to do it if I cannot get the addon to recognise them.

Many Thanks for any help on this.

crookers13

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Diapason - 2015-02-07

crookers13, I had similar problems with some albums, and it was nearly always solved by correcting any mistakes in the tags. So, correcting the tag to say "Blues Brothers" rather than "The Blues Brothers" might work. I found I had to do this irrespective of the name I had given the folder, etc. mp3tag does the job nicely.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - itry - 2015-02-07

Please ignore the below, I downloaded the version from Github and it appears to be working now. For some reason I can't delete my post.

---

Hi there,

I've used this manager before without any issues but I've rebuilt my music library and I'm struggling this time around. Everything is set up correctly in the settings, ie pointing to my music location.

I'm attempting a first run to grab all the disc art of around 1,000 albums but once it scans the 'local discs' it seems to just 'hang'. The screen currently displays the following:

CDART MANAGER - 100%
Retrieving Album Details
Album #: 938 Local Discs: 938

Is there anything I can do to resolve this? Or am I simply being impatient and I need to leave it to do it's thing for a while? Cheers.