Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Squall13 - 2015-03-19

(2015-03-19, 18:13)gibxxi Wrote: Because when Kodi scrapes your music collection, that's where it expects to see your folder.jpg's and cdart.png's. It won't assign that artwork if it's placed anywhere else. Other types of artwork aren't handled by Kodi directly, but by skins/plugins you have installed.

Ok I understand. Too bad it works that way. I wanted only the actual music files in my folders.

Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2015-03-21

(2015-03-19, 21:25)Squall13 Wrote:
(2015-03-19, 18:13)gibxxi Wrote: Because when Kodi scrapes your music collection, that's where it expects to see your folder.jpg's and cdart.png's. It won't assign that artwork if it's placed anywhere else. Other types of artwork aren't handled by Kodi directly, but by skins/plugins you have installed.

Ok I understand. Too bad it works that way. I wanted only the actual music files in my folders.

Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it.

Trust me, I feel your pain. However, by having the folder.jpg's and cdart.pngs in-folder with your music you do gain compatibility with other devices. OK, not a lot of devices will be able to display the cdart.pngs (mainly transparency support issues) properly, but I have owned many mp3 players and other devices in the past that would not read embedded album art (i.e: art in the mp3 tag), but would successfully pick up folder.jpgs that were in the folder with the music.

What you CAN move to a separate folder to keep your library clean, is anything that doesn't fall under the above two file-types. That includes all fanart, logos, artist thumbs, etc, etc. Obviously, the caveat here is that for add-ons / skins that use this extra art, you need to specify your "library" folder as the folder where you've moved that art to, and not your main music library folder. Some add-ons / skins don't specify in a clear way that this is the folder they are looking for, so YMMV.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - mike-kody - 2015-03-21

just updated to helix 14.2 and the newest version of cdart manager posted in this thread and now its not working, just get the text flashing up quickly but nothing happens. Tried deleting/reinstalling with no success. Any ideas?

Edit. Downgraded to 14.1 and still not working. looks to me like its just not building the db.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Araldwenn - 2015-03-21

Same problem. I'm under kodi 14.2 RC1, and I can't get cdART Manager to work.

Code:
19:53:54 T:25376   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
19:53:54 T:25376   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Jerome\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\database.py", line 619, in get_local_artists_db
19:53:54 T:25376   ERROR:     c.execute(query)
19:53:54 T:25376   ERROR: OperationalError: no such table: lalist
19:53:54 T:25376   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Jerome\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\database.py", line 619, in get_local_artists_db
19:53:54 T:25376   ERROR: OperationalError: no such table: lalist
19:53:54 T:25376   ERROR: OperationalError: no such table: local_artists
19:53:54 T:25376  NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Checking for artist match with fanart.tv - First Check
19:53:54 T:25376   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
                                            Error Contents: no such table: counts
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Jerome\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\gui.py", line 71, in onInit
                                                self.setup_all()
                                              File "C:\Users\Jerome\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1048, in setup_all
                                                first_check( all_artists, local_artists )
                                              File "C:\Users\Jerome\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\fanarttv_scraper.py", line 356, in first_check
                                                store_fanarttv_datecode( present_datecode )
                                              File "C:\Users\Jerome\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\database.py", line 430, in store_fanarttv_datecode
                                                local_artist_count, album_count, artist_count, cdart_existing = new_local_count()
                                              File "C:\Users\Jerome\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\database.py", line 718, in new_local_count
                                                c.execute(query)
                                            OperationalError: no such table: counts
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - theironyuppie - 2015-03-22

thanks to stef.an for the release.
working with 14.2 by simply updating (overwriting) kodi and uninstalling repo version of cd art manager and installing stef.an's version from zip file.
one thing i have noticed is that its scraping artwork for artists on multiple compilations (not actual album artists) and adding them to my library.
anyone know of a way to stop this?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Araldwenn - 2015-03-22

Ok, installed stef.an version, and now everything is ok... Thx stef.an !

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - mike-kody - 2015-03-23

mine is also sorted now, forgot to scan items to library first. Shy On another note,why is the script able to display all other artwork (artist,logo,clearart) but not download it like cdart and covers?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - stef.an - 2015-03-23

(2015-03-22, 09:47)theironyuppie Wrote: thanks to stef.an for the release.
working with 14.2 by simply updating (overwriting) kodi and uninstalling repo version of cd art manager and installing stef.an's version from zip file.
one thing i have noticed is that its scraping artwork for artists on multiple compilations (not actual album artists) and adding them to my library.

This is usually only done if you check the "Settings>Extra Settings>Add all artists to Database during Database build or update" option.
But handling compilations is always tricky in Kodi, e.g. make sure you don't have an "Album Artist" set in you tags.

(2015-03-23, 11:25)mike-kody Wrote: mine is also sorted now, forgot to scan items to library first. Shy On another note,why is the script able to display all other artwork (artist,logo,clearart) but not download it like cdart and covers?

I'm afraid I don't understand the question - when the script displays any art to you it has already been downloaded.

ok, ill try and rephrase. The script has headings for all artwork I.E (cdart,album covers,album fanarts,album logos,artist thumbs etc) but it will only ever download album cdart and album cd covers. Am I correct in thinking it downloads everything locally or does it store downloaded items to kodi's directory?

Okay, now I got it, sorry Smile

First: always exit cdART Manager and start it again after you make any change in the settings section, the script only loads it's settings on start.

The script actually downloads all artwork it has headings for. If you can't find the artwork there's something wrong, usually with the "Music folder path" in the settings. You should find an artist based subfolder structure containing the artwork in the folder you defined there.

So to untangle some questions according folders / art locations and so on:
  • Album related artwork (cover/cdart) is always stored in the album's folder itself and cannot be changed
  • Artist related artwork is always stored in a subfolder of the folder configured in the script's settings. The subfolder is named by the artist's name.

So you CAN use a separate folder for Artist related artwork. In this case your skin has to support that and must be configured to search for artwork in that separate folder.
gibxxi explained it already, this is how cdART Manager does it and imho the way Kodi and most skins expect the artwork being stored.

I use the following structure to store my albums. This just works and if anyone's interested I would recommend using this structure as most applications I know (Kodi, Logitech Media Server, WMP) simply understand it.
  • Musicfolder (use this as "Music folder path" in cdART Manger)
    • Artist 1
      • Album 1
      • Album 2
    • Artist 2
      • Album 1
        • Disc 1
        • Disc 2
      • Album 2

This results in artwork being stored like this. No further Kodi-Configuration required.
  • Musicfolder
    • Artist 1
      folder.jpg
      fanart.jpg
      banner.jpg
      extra-fanart/...
      • Album 1
        folder.jpg
        cdart.png
      • Album 2
        folder.jpg
        cdart.png

Don't blame me for this, I'm not the inventor of this script, i only basically understand its code Wink

(2015-03-23, 14:16)stef.an Wrote: Okay, now I got it, sorry Smile

First: always exit cdART Manager and start it again after you make any change in the settings section, the script only loads it's settings on start.

The script actually downloads all artwork it has headings for. If you can't find the artwork there's something wrong, usually with the "Music folder path" in the settings. You should find an artist based subfolder structure containing the artwork in the folder you defined there.

So to untangle some questions according folders / art locations and so on:
  • Album related artwork (cover/cdart) is always stored in the album's folder itself and cannot be changed
  • Artist related artwork is always stored in a subfolder of the folder configured in the script's settings. The subfolder is named by the artist's name.

So you CAN use a separate folder for Artist related artwork. In this case your skin has to support that and must be configured to search for artwork in that separate folder.
gibxxi explained it already, this is how cdART Manager does it and imho the way Kodi and most skins expect the artwork being stored.

I use the following structure to store my albums. This just works and if anyone's interested I would recommend using this structure as most applications I know (Kodi, Logitech Media Server, WMP) simply understand it.
  • Musicfolder (use this as "Music folder path" in cdART Manger)
    • Artist 1
      • Album 1
      • Album 2
    • Artist 2
      • Album 1
        • Disc 1
        • Disc 2
      • Album 2

This results in artwork being stored like this. No further Kodi-Configuration required.
  • Musicfolder
    • Artist 1
      folder.jpg
      fanart.jpg
      banner.jpg
      extra-fanart/...
      • Album 1
        folder.jpg
        cdart.png
      • Album 2
        folder.jpg
        cdart.png

Don't blame me for this, I'm not the inventor of this script, i only basically understand its code Wink

Fantastic answer. Keep up the good work Stef.an Cool

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - theironyuppie - 2015-03-24

(2015-03-23, 11:25)stef.an Wrote:
(2015-03-22, 09:47)theironyuppie Wrote: thanks to stef.an for the release.

This is usually only done if you check the "Settings>Extra Settings>Add all artists to Database during Database build or update" option.
But handling compilations is always tricky in Kodi, e.g. make sure you don't have an "Album Artist" set in you tags.

whoops, haven't used this in a while (since it hasn't been working) and forget what each setting did.
turned off and problem fixed. thanks for your help

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cerealkiller050 - 2015-03-26

Thanks for the updated script Stef.an!

I am still having a problem, however. Now that the add-on database is being built correctly, The program always crashes when fetching from fanart.tv. The problem is a timeout when reading the URL. I am not sure how to resolve this problem.

The problem happens about 68% of the way when it updates fanart for artists when you first open the program. It does not matter if I get rid of the artist it pauses at, it simply hangs again at 68% on the next artist in the list. The only thought off the top of my head is that too many requests are coming in, and maybe the stall the connection for a bit? Does that sound like something reasonable?

I will post the debug log if you want, it's a timeout error of the socket.read() line in the get_html_source function in utils.py, line 205

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - guandms - 2015-03-29

Hi guys,
I configured the folder path , but i cant get the add on to download anything .
It scan my folder found all the artists but nothing is downloading .
Im using version 14.1 on windows 8.1 and skin Aeon Shednox