Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

- rflores2323 - 2011-11-23

giftie Wrote:I'm working on it, and other code changes. It will be pushed when finished.

Big Grin
Ok. Great. Thanks.

- Omegatron - 2011-11-28

First off, I finally have the addon working in combination with my skin. I found out that my music folder with artists and album wasnt made so that the addon could put the pictures in the correct folders.

My following question, what is the fastest way to to scan my libary for new pictures (because i added a new album).

Do i first need to rescan my music libary in xbmc? and then what do i have to do to update cdart manager?

Also, another question. From what website does the addon download the pictures from? (so i can look for some pictures manually)

Thanks

@giftie: thanks for the help to get it working, cheers!

- Omegatron - 2011-11-30

Hi,

To anwser my own question from last post, i think the images comes from fanart.tv? if not pls let me know.

Yesterday i uploaded a couple of background pictures to fanart.tv (artist background).

Now it thought i could make a folder in the artist folder named "extrafanart" and copy/paste the backdrops in there. But when i listen to an album of that artist it doesnt show any of the backdrops i putted in the extrafanart folder.

Why is this? does it need to be made by the cdart addon to make it work for xbmc or does xbmc listen to a specific image name. i.e. Kimbra.jpg doesnt work. when i check the backdrops downloaded by cdart manager they are namen "artistname"-"somenumbers".jpg

Is there a way to do this manually?

- Kode - 2011-11-30

You probably need to set the path to music extrafanart in the skin, the name of the file doesn't matter

- Omegatron - 2011-11-30

I cant set a path in the skin. But something i dont understand. Cdart manager makes an extrafanart folder in the artist folder. In here there are backdrops that cdartmanager downloaded. But i noticed that the backdrops arent used at all. I.e. I have no extrafanart folder in the artist Keane. But it uses a backdrop and i dont know were its gets the backdrop from. For katy perry i have multiple backdrops. But the one its using is not in the extrafanart folder from katy perry. Yesterday i uploaded backdrops to fanart.tv from Kimbra. Today they were added with cdartmanager and the extrafanart folder was made for kimbra but it doesnt use the backdrops. It doesnt show backdrops from kimbra at all.

I though i finally understood how it worked but now i feel clueless again.

Note the cdart and clearlogo downloaded with cdartmanager do work.

Can anyone explain it to me?

- Fuunk - 2011-12-02

Ajedi Wrote:I found out that my music folder with artists and album wasnt made so that the addon could put the pictures in the correct folders.

Can you tell me what is the right way to get my collection correctly scanned?
I was able to download a full library, an I could see covers in the CDArt app. But nothing within the music library. CD Covers are ok, clean logo too, but nothing about extrafanart.

Here are the kind of log I get :

10:03:23 T:3880 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting musicdb://2/extrafanart/

OR

10:03:56 T:3880 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting J:\Musique\my Artist\My AlbumSet\CD 1\01 - SongTitle.mp3extrafanart/

My config : pre-EDEN latest, Aeon MQ3 latest, Windows 7 64

- Kode - 2011-12-02

Ajedi Wrote:I cant set a path in the skin. But something i dont understand. Cdart manager makes an extrafanart folder in the artist folder. In here there are backdrops that cdartmanager downloaded. But i noticed that the backdrops arent used at all. I.e. I have no extrafanart folder in the artist Keane. But it uses a backdrop and i dont know were its gets the backdrop from. For katy perry i have multiple backdrops. But the one its using is not in the extrafanart folder from katy perry. Yesterday i uploaded backdrops to fanart.tv from Kimbra. Today they were added with cdartmanager and the extrafanart folder was made for kimbra but it doesnt use the backdrops. It doesnt show backdrops from kimbra at all.

I though i finally understood how it worked but now i feel clueless again.

Note the cdart and clearlogo downloaded with cdartmanager do work.

Can anyone explain it to me?

Your skin must not be set up to use extrafanart for music, that is the only thing I can think of, check the settings for the skin

- Omegatron - 2011-12-02

Fuunk Wrote:Can you tell me what is the right way to get my collection correctly scanned?
I was able to download a full library, an I could see covers in the CDArt app. But nothing within the music library. CD Covers are ok, clean logo too, but nothing about extrafanart.

10:03:23 T:3880 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting musicdb://2/extrafanart/

OR

10:03:56 T:3880 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting J:\Musique\my Artist\My AlbumSet\CD 1\01 - SongTitle.mp3extrafanart/

You have the same problem as i have. Ur using Aeon MQ3 and i found out that the skin doesnt use the extrafanart folder. MQ3 is using backdrops from last.fm

im gonna ask marcos if there is a way or if he can make it so that we have the option to use the folder.

- dugan26 - 2011-12-02

Is there a setting for cdart manager to create this extra fanart folder? i run it and it just creates one fanart.jpg - if I download a new fanart it over writes the original fanart and thats it

- giftie - 2011-12-03

dugan26 Wrote:Is there a setting for cdart manager to create this extra fanart folder? i run it and it just creates one fanart.jpg - if I download a new fanart it over writes the original fanart and thats it
The extrafanart folder is only created during an automatic download. When you manually select the fanart it downloads it as fanart.jpg(ie your choosing the fanart)

- giftie - 2011-12-03

Fuunk Wrote:Can you tell me what is the right way to get my collection correctly scanned?

OR

I see an error in the path formation in the second line. I'm not sure how Aeon MQ3 creates the path, but it is different when compared to other skins.

- rflores2323 - 2011-12-04

giftie Wrote:I'm working on it, and other code changes. It will be pushed when finished.

Any update

- giftie - 2011-12-05

rflores2323 Wrote:Any update

Still working on it, just trying the best way before pushing a fix.

- Zelgadis87 - 2011-12-08

Is there any reason why CdArts are downloaded in the same panth as the mp3 instead of in the path specified in the settings ? Would really like to keep images and music separated if possible, dunno if I'm missing something.

- giftie - 2011-12-08

Zelgadis87 Wrote:Is there any reason why CdArts are downloaded in the same panth as the mp3 instead of in the path specified in the settings ? Would really like to keep images and music separated if possible, dunno if I'm missing something.

With out making changes to the skins, the cdARTs would not show.

It was decided by skin developers to have the cdARTs stored in the path that the music is found(ie song path) as it was simple to find and create for the skin. You can follow the original thread regarding cdARTs - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53242.

The skin developers would need to make the change to use an artwork path. If they do, I can easily make the change to allow this in the script. In fact I can add the ability to move all the artwork to a supplied folder.

But until the changes are made by skin developers, the script will stay as is, where the Extra fanarts and clearLogos follow the supplied music path.