Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-07, 16:59)Mizaki Wrote: I'd like a lazy mode button as well. Ideally a lazy button for new items and maybe missing? I'm thinking that when an item is added it's marked in the DB as new and then you can search only for those items. I see the DB has cdart and cover as T/F for albums. Do a similar thing for artists.

I'm sure you get what I mean so I won't ramble on. Smile

What cdART Manager does during a autodownload is the following:
  1. Check to see if Local artwork exists(cdart, clearLogo, Fanart, Cover Art, Artist Thumb)
  2. If exists, check file size(greater than 1000x1000 for cdart, cover art, artist thumbs) if image is greater than the 1000x1000 resolution, or it is a fanart/clearLogo, skip image
  3. if image is less than 1000x1000(for cdart. cover art, artist thumb) or it does not exist, check fanart.tv.
  4. if image exists on fanart.tv, download it, otherwise skip to the next image.

Extrafanarts are a touch different as the script stores the artwork with the filenames that fanart.tv uses, it checks for missing files and downloads as necessary.

So in a way it is a lazy mode, though manually selected for each level. In the near future, the script will have a method to do a background autodownload, part of the code is already in the latest version, but I wanted to get this out to the Official Repo as soon as I could, since the one on the repo actually doesn't really work 100%.

This feature will probably find it's way to the setting, but would be able to be mapped to a button on a skin/web interface/remote

(2012-06-07, 18:56)Hellnino18 Wrote: Thanks you for your hard work giftie.

All of my thumbs are renamed in folder.jpg and my music library take them to displayed them in Aeon Nox, perfect Smile

But when I choose "Automatic Download" --> "All Artists" in Thumbs Arts, it downloads each thumbs I already have... Strange?

+1 for the lazy button... Big Grin

Last question, I don't understand exactly what is the difference between "All Artists" and "Album Artists", I understand the same thing for both...

Found the problem, I forgot to change the filename of the Artist Thumbnail during an Autodownload(it was still set to artist.jpg instead of folder.jpg) So it would have downloaded the artist thumbs again even if you only chose Album Artists.

I have fixed this and one issue that Martijn pointed out and have requested a pull to the Official repo.

So it hopefully will show up in the next few hours or so.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hellnino18 - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-08, 02:30)giftie Wrote:
(2012-06-07, 16:59)Mizaki Wrote: I'd like a lazy mode button as well. Ideally a lazy button for new items and maybe missing? I'm thinking that when an item is added it's marked in the DB as new and then you can search only for those items. I see the DB has cdart and cover as T/F for albums. Do a similar thing for artists.

I'm sure you get what I mean so I won't ramble on. Smile

What cdART Manager does during a autodownload is the following:
  1. Check to see if Local artwork exists(cdart, clearLogo, Fanart, Cover Art, Artist Thumb)
  2. If exists, check file size(greater than 1000x1000 for cdart, cover art, artist thumbs) if image is greater than the 1000x1000 resolution, or it is a fanart/clearLogo, skip image
  3. if image is less than 1000x1000(for cdart. cover art, artist thumb) or it does not exist, check fanart.tv.
  4. if image exists on fanart.tv, download it, otherwise skip to the next image.

Extrafanarts are a touch different as the script stores the artwork with the filenames that fanart.tv uses, it checks for missing files and downloads as necessary.

So in a way it is a lazy mode, though manually selected for each level. In the near future, the script will have a method to do a background autodownload, part of the code is already in the latest version, but I wanted to get this out to the Official Repo as soon as I could, since the one on the repo actually doesn't really work 100%.

This feature will probably find it's way to the setting, but would be able to be mapped to a button on a skin/web interface/remote

(2012-06-07, 18:56)Hellnino18 Wrote: Thanks you for your hard work giftie.

All of my thumbs are renamed in folder.jpg and my music library take them to displayed them in Aeon Nox, perfect Smile

But when I choose "Automatic Download" --> "All Artists" in Thumbs Arts, it downloads each thumbs I already have... Strange?

+1 for the lazy button... Big Grin

Last question, I don't understand exactly what is the difference between "All Artists" and "Album Artists", I understand the same thing for both...

Found the problem, I forgot to change the filename of the Artist Thumbnail during an Autodownload(it was still set to artist.jpg instead of folder.jpg) So it would have downloaded the artist thumbs again even if you only chose Album Artists.

I have fixed this and one issue that Martijn pointed out and have requested a pull to the Official repo.

So it hopefully will show up in the next few hours or so.

Ok, thanks for your reactivity.

Two last questions, like I ask previously, what is the difference between "Album Artists" and "All Artists"? And what is the purpose of the option "Copy Unique Local cdARTs" because for me it doesn't work?

Thanks again!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Begall - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-06, 01:23)giftie Wrote: Did you rebuild the Library and then the scripts database before running a download?

Ahh, I'd wiped out the library but I hadn't rebuilt the scripts database, thanks! One problem I ran into when rebuilding it however, was that on the first run it ran into a couple of script errors while processing my albums and upon reaching the 'Generating Addon Database' phase it froze before the local album count started. Once the system had been restarted, it ran through it again without problem.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-08, 09:42)Hellnino18 Wrote: Ok, thanks for your reactivity.

Two last questions, like I ask previously, what is the difference between "Album Artists" and "All Artists"? And what is the purpose of the option "Copy Unique Local cdARTs" because for me it doesn't work?

Thanks again!

Album Artists - Artists that only appear as album artists(Various Artists is an Album artist)
All Artists - Track Artists(includes compilaton Artists)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - filthycatbox - 2012-06-08

When I choose the All Artists option though, it creates a new folder in the root music folder of any compilation artists it finds with only the logo.png inside. This is a bit annoying as I have it organised through iTunes (compilations in Compilation folder).

It doesn't seem to make any difference when I select the main xbmc Settings option of "include artists who appear only on compilations".

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-06-09

@giftie

Kode just fixed the Conten-Length header of the image files (cause the scraper were also having problems)
So the download progress bar should work now

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Kode - 2012-06-09

I added the Content-Length to the API downloader today, Martijn mentioned that the progress bar didn't work when downloading artwork because this wasn't set, I just tested and it seems to work fine now Smile Enjoy.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-09

(2012-06-08, 15:48)filthycatbox Wrote: When I choose the All Artists option though, it creates a new folder in the root music folder of any compilation artists it finds with only the logo.png inside. This is a bit annoying as I have it organised through iTunes (compilations in Compilation folder).

It doesn't seem to make any difference when I select the main xbmc Settings option of "include artists who appear only on compilations".

Then don't use All Artists. The script overides the that setting, since having that setting off tells XBMC to only show Album Artists.
(2012-06-09, 00:11)Martijn Wrote: @giftie

Kode just fixed the Conten-Length header of the image files (cause the scraper were also having problems)
So the download progress bar should work now

Yea, XBMC could not 'stat' the image. I also took the progress bar out since it had issues with Frodo(at the time) It works again...

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - filthycatbox - 2012-06-09

OK, that makes sense giftie. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - kees667 - 2012-06-10

Love this scrip, really enhanced my XBMC experience.

About 25% of my discs now have images. For some of the others that I often play I would like some general disc images. I tried making one myself and now have an LP image with a cd look so no success. Anyone aware of some general images for LP, CD etc to use? I checked fanart.tv but only found ones specific to albums.

Could also use that for a default disc image in all my folders.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Wanilton - 2012-06-11

@giftie, latest translation portuguese (Brazil), strings.xml, download here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/cdartmanager/strings.xml

thanks,

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - shanndogg - 2012-06-14

Just scanned my music library and instead of putting all the extra-fanart, logos, etc. in each artist folder it put them all outside it. Here is what my folder structure looks like:

Music\My Music\CDs\Artist\Album
Music\My Music\iTunes\Artist\Album
Music\My Girlfriend's Music\CDs\Artist\Album
Music\My Girlfriend's Music\iTunes\Artist\Album

I set the music path as the parent "Music" folder. I thought it would work like Artwork downloader by populating each aritist folder within each Cds/iTunes folder. However, it created new folders inside the "Music" folder with the artist names found within the CDs and iTuens folders. It appears like it expects the music path folder to lead directly into artist folders. Here is what it added in addition to the above:

Music\Artist (from My Music (and My Girlfriends Music)\CDs)\logo, fanart, extrafanart folder

It created folders like the above for all the artists it found in my library. I thought, it would put the logos, fanart, etc. within the respective folders I already created two levels down. For example, with Artwork Downloader, I had it set to my "Movies" folder, but within that folder I also had Bluray and DVD folders which then contained the movie files. For example:

Movies\Bluray\Movie Title\Movie.mkv, fanart, etc.
Movies\DVD\Movie Title\Movie.mkv, fanart, etc.

With Artwork Downloarder, it put the fanart in the "Movie Title" folder, not in the "Movie" folder.

Did I miss a setting for cdArt to put the logos, fanart, etc. into appropriate second level folders, or does it work like what happened to me with whatever folder you set for the music path, it either creates new artist folders if they don't already exist?

Re: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-06-14

It has a fixed method of downloading artwork.
Skins use this exact same method.
There really isn't a better way

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - shanndogg - 2012-06-14

Gotcha, no problem, just wanted to make sure as it was able to put the cdart and folder.jpeg's in the right place, just not all the other stuff. Thanks for the confirmation, looks like I am off to reorganize my music folders.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-14

(2012-06-14, 07:12)shanndogg Wrote: Gotcha, no problem, just wanted to make sure as it was able to put the cdart and folder.jpeg's in the right place, just not all the other stuff. Thanks for the confirmation, looks like I am off to reorganize my music folders.

The best method for you to use(and I personally use this method) is to set the 'Path to music library' to an artwork path, ie for your music, Music\Artwork Then point skins and the script to this path. This will keep you music path clean of the fanarts, extrafanarts, clearlogos, artist thumbs and allow most skins(that use these files) to have proper access.

Album paths are fairly easy to figure out, Artist paths not so much... Smile

cdart.png and folder.jpg(album cover) should always end up in the right place.