Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-10-21

(2012-10-21, 13:34)megaskywarp Wrote: fellas I'm not sure what I did, but an hour ago I had 600 artists, 1000 discs, and 1000 arts, and now I have 0, 0, 0 and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. Is there a way to point the manager to my music directory? I'm not sure what the difference is between Update XBMC's Music Database and Update Database in Modify Local Database?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!

First off, make sure you are using the version available on the first page(2.7.5). If you are using an earlier version, upgrade then follow the instructions below the link.

Update XBMC's Music Database --- this updates XBMC's actual music database
Modify Local Database -> Update Database --- This updates the Addon's database(useful when you add music to XBMC)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - megaskywarp - 2012-10-21

Thanks giftie. I started running "Update Database" about six hours ago and I'm almost at 50% (should it take this long?) It definitely is scanning my albums/artists and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The time depends on how big your XBMC Music Library is, how many things need to be updated and how easily the info matched with MusicBrainz.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - lostwithouthope - 2012-10-21

Hi giftie,
I want to thank you for your script and to ask if you can help me. I'm using cdart art manager for quite some time always without problems... some weeks ago it stoped working (I'm building a new xbmc version from git each friday and have installed the script version 2.7.5). What I see at the moment is when I start cdartmanager a dialog which seems to scan through my musicdatabase(I can see all of my artists). Once finshed there are no entries at the bottom, sometimes it says zero sometimes it is blank. When I try to start an automatic download nothing happens, when i try to manually download something the script hangs upon the creation of the artist list. As you have written in the post #1272 there should be a l_cdart.db in the userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder but in my case there is no such file. For me it seems like that the script isn't able to create the database file and I don't know why... I've tried already the hints that you gave to other users... nothing has worked.
If the problem is my nightly version of xbmc, I will be patient and wait for your next release. Angel
Keep up your great work!

(2012-10-21, 20:08)lostwithouthope Wrote: Hi giftie,
I want to thank you for your script and to ask if you can help me. I'm using cdart art manager for quite some time always without problems... some weeks ago it stoped working (I'm building a new xbmc version from git each friday and have installed the script version 2.7.5). What I see at the moment is when I start cdartmanager a dialog which seems to scan through my musicdatabase(I can see all of my artists). Once finshed there are no entries at the bottom, sometimes it says zero sometimes it is blank. When I try to start an automatic download nothing happens, when i try to manually download something the script hangs upon the creation of the artist list. As you have written in the post #1272 there should be a l_cdart.db in the userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder but in my case there is no such file. For me it seems like that the script isn't able to create the database file and I don't know why... I've tried already the hints that you gave to other users... nothing has worked.
If the problem is my nightly version of xbmc, I will be patient and wait for your next release. Angel
Keep up your great work!

The problem is the fact you're using the Development version of XBMC, there have been changes made after I release 2.7.5. The next version does have these things fixed.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - samurai07 - 2012-10-23

Hi giftie,

I tried yesterday the use of custon label colours. After I had enabled the option only the first artist was displayed in the artist llist. After disabling the option all works fine again.

When I update the addon database and checking the new items was done the script checks all MBIDs. Checking of the MBIDs during update is disabled in the settings. Please have a look at this. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Mizaki - 2012-10-23

I'm probably just not looking in the right place but you said the addon can be used by skins etc. Is there a list of params I can pass to it?

Ta.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-10-24

(2012-10-23, 19:59)samurai07 Wrote: Hi giftie,

I tried yesterday the use of custon label colours. After I had enabled the option only the first artist was displayed in the artist llist. After disabling the option all works fine again.

Thanks for the report. Will look into the problem
Quote:When I update the addon database and checking the new items was done the script checks all MBIDs. Checking of the MBIDs during update is disabled in the settings. Please have a look at this. Thanks.
I did catch this and it is fixed in the upcoming release

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-10-24

(2012-10-23, 20:02)Mizaki Wrote: I'm probably just not looking in the right place but you said the addon can be used by skins etc. Is there a list of params I can pass to it?

Ta.

At the moment the following background modes are available:
autocdart <- Auto download Album cdARTs
autocover <- Auto download Album cover Artwork
autofanart <- " " Artist Fanart
autologo <- " " Artist clearLogos
autothumb <- " " Artist Thumbs
autoall <- " " All artwork
database <- Build the script's database
update <- Update the script's database

There will be the oneshot mode will come it the future(especially with my PR's that have been pulled in that help)

RunScript(script.cdartmanager,mode)

Eg: RunScript(script.cdartmanager,autoall) <- starts the script downloading everything in the background

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - biochip - 2012-10-24

Hi, When new version of cdART will be released?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Mizaki - 2012-10-27

I've only tried "update" via JSONRPC
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": { "wait": false, "addonid": "script.cdartmanager", "params": [ "update" ] },  "id": 2}
but there is an error in your JSON request:
Code:
12:47:05 T:2897288000   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetSongs", "params": { "properties": ["file", "musicbrainzalbumartistid"], "filter": { "albumid": 181 }, "sort": {"method":"fullpath","order":"ascending"} }, "id": 1}
12:47:05 T:2897288000   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling audiolibrary.getsongs
12:47:05 T:2897288000   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Value does not match any of the enum values in type method
12:47:05 T:2897288000   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Invalid property "method" in type sort
Should that be: "sort": {"method":"file","order":"ascending"} ?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-10-27

(2012-10-27, 13:54)Mizaki Wrote: I've only tried "update" via JSONRPC
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": { "wait": false, "addonid": "script.cdartmanager", "params": [ "update" ] },  "id": 2}
but there is an error in your JSON request:
Code:
12:47:05 T:2897288000   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetSongs", "params": { "properties": ["file", "musicbrainzalbumartistid"], "filter": { "albumid": 181 }, "sort": {"method":"fullpath","order":"ascending"} }, "id": 1}
12:47:05 T:2897288000   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling audiolibrary.getsongs
12:47:05 T:2897288000   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Value does not match any of the enum values in type method
12:47:05 T:2897288000   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Invalid property "method" in type sort
Should that be: "sort": {"method":"file","order":"ascending"} ?
That is correct.. The next release has this fixed, sometimes it's hard keeping up with Montellese.. I hope to have the next release out today(maybe pushing it to the repo for everyone..) h

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-10-27

(2012-10-23, 19:59)samurai07 Wrote: Hi giftie,

Found the problem.. The colour names were being translated and this caused XBMC not to recognize the names. This will be fixed in the next version

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - samurai07 - 2012-10-28

Good news. Awaiting the new version...

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Mizaki - 2012-10-28

I don't know if you've fixed this one already. Downloading a single album cover:
Code:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'pDialog' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/bob/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1240, in onClick
  message, d_success, is_canceled = download_art( url, cdart_path, database_id, "cover", "manual", 0 )
File "/home/bob/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/download.py", line 205, in download_art
  pDialog.close()
NameError: global name 'pDialog' is not defined

Also, is it possible to give an artist name or MBID for auto run? So: autoall/autocover?<artist name/MBID/album name/release id>

I'm looking to integrate it the same as artwork downloader so people can just click a button on an artist's info or album page.