Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-11-04

@brabax22 - you can use the above script and set a custom schedule up to enable the background database building.

Code:
RunScript(script.cdartmanager,database)
is the built-in function to trigger the background build. I'll add code to cdART Manager to build the database if the database is not available when and update is called for. This will fix the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - vanMiez - 2012-11-04

hey giftie could you please provide a setting to limit extrafanart downloads. i don't think i need 60 fanarts of avril lavigne ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-11-04

(2012-11-04, 13:12)vanMiez Wrote: hey giftie could you please provide a setting to limit extrafanart downloads. i don't think i need 60 fanarts of avril lavigne ;-)

but she is so nice Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Mizaki - 2012-11-04

Is the cache updating not working a known issue? I can see the files in the right directories but thumbnails are still blank.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-11-04

(2012-11-04, 21:54)Mizaki Wrote: Is the cache updating not working a known issue? I can see the files in the right directories but thumbnails are still blank.

On Eden I think the cache update still works, on Frodo I don't think there is a direct method to update thumbnails for music. I'll look into it though
(2012-11-04, 13:12)vanMiez Wrote: hey giftie could you please provide a setting to limit extrafanart downloads. i don't think i need 60 fanarts of avril lavigne ;-)

I'll add it to a requested feature list, which is fairly short, only one item. Wink

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Mizaki - 2012-11-05

Yeah, Frodo. Hopefully there is a way or you'll have to go and select local art all the time.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - vanMiez - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-04, 23:30)giftie Wrote:

I'll add it to a requested feature list, which is fairly short, only one item. Wink

Thats nice...

thank you for your great work

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - martinconroy - 2012-11-06

Hi,
I'm keep to use this but think I'm doing something stupid, so would appreciate some help!

I installed cdART manager, and had it build the database, so it now shows Local Album Artists: 123 and Local Discs: 303.

However, whenever I try to download anything e.g. "Album cdARTs ... Automatic Download" it seems to go through a "Retrieving Recognised Artist List" and matches 0 artists despite they artists all being common ones, and those I know to be on cdart.tv.

Am I doing something obviously wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-06, 22:20)martinconroy Wrote: Hi,
I'm keep to use this but think I'm doing something stupid, so would appreciate some help!

I installed cdART manager, and had it build the database, so it now shows Local Album Artists: 123 and Local Discs: 303.

However, whenever I try to download anything e.g. "Album cdARTs ... Automatic Download" it seems to go through a "Retrieving Recognised Artist List" and matches 0 artists despite they artists all being common ones, and those I know to be on cdart.tv.

Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Can you try the version available on the first message

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - martinconroy - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-07, 04:51)giftie Wrote: Can you try the version available on the first message

I started using the repo version, then updated to 2.7.6 and that was the point I was at, so this time I uninstalled via XBMC, then ensured the C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager directory was deleted.

Once I had done that it seemed to work fine, so I guess the key is that all traces of a previous version must be removed first.

Thanks very much for you help and amazing work.

Martin

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-07, 12:32)martinconroy Wrote:
(2012-11-07, 04:51)giftie Wrote: Can you try the version available on the first message

I started using the repo version, then updated to 2.7.6 and that was the point I was at, so this time I uninstalled via XBMC, then ensured the C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager directory was deleted.

Once I had done that it seemed to work fine, so I guess the key is that all traces of a previous version must be removed first.

Thanks very much for you help and amazing work.

Martin

You should not have had to delete the userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder. Just needed to check your settings and perform an addon database update. It should have straightened everything out.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - saucisse - 2012-11-08

Hello !
I'm kinda new to cdart manager and it looks fantastic ! Unfortunately, I cannot seem to use it properly...
I've manually installed the last version of this amazing script.
So, i tried to update my database and it finds pretty much all of my albums. But it cannot find anything online.
When I go to Album cdARTS/Select artist, my whole (or a big part) list of artists is there but if i click on one, notthing happens !
Same for covertART
Ive manually downloaded a couple of cdarts, it worked great !
But What to do ?
I dont really feel like downloading a 1000 cdarts manually...

Thanks a lot !Huh*

Moreover, when i launch cdartmanager, the script tries to retrieve recognized artist lists and writes artists matched : 0

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-11-08

Can't help too much with out a debug log.

But, a question:
1. What colour are your artists listed as when you check? If they are White, that means you probably got snagged by the bug that affects MusicBrainz data recall. This will be fixed in the next release, just testing it now.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-11-08

New release Ver. 2.7.7 This is hopefully the last release before pushing to the Official Repo.

https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/script.cdartmanager/script.cdartmanager.2.7.7.zip

This release has the long awaited extrafanart limit setting.. Smile In settings, you can enable and adjust the limit. By default it is not enabled.

Code:
- Fix - Add time delay to MusicBrainz Release MBID to Release Group MBID function
- Fix - Build a new Database if one does not exist during an Update(mainly for The Scheduler)
- Add - Extrafanart download limit

Also, anyone having an issue with the previous version please perform an update on the add-on's database. Advanced > Modify Add on Database > Update database.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - saucisse - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-08, 04:29)giftie Wrote: Can't help too much with out a debug log.

But, a question:
1. What colour are your artists listed as when you check? If they are White, that means you probably got snagged by the bug that affects MusicBrainz data recall. This will be fixed in the next release, just testing it now.

thanks a lot for your answer !

they are all white !

And i remember to have seen at a friends some in colour !

What does it mean then ?