Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=77519)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - bodhi - 2013-03-03

(2013-03-03, 07:52)Silvaire Wrote: I programmed PowerOn PowerOff and PowerToggle as soft buttons for the Media Center SE device to test this and all 3 are not responding to put the computer to sleep. I feel like PowerToggle used to work awhile ago (and still does for resuming for sleep). Any ideas?

Did you try while in Windows desktop? this problem sounds like power setting. Because it does work to wake up the computer, I don't think the button IR signal is the cause.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - Silvaire - 2013-03-04

When I try shooting PowerToggle at Windows, it doesn't do anything to put it to sleep. It will, however, work everytime to resume from sleep.

Nevermind, you were totally right: I reinstalled Windows awhile back and I had left the sleep button function to 'do nothing' and that must control it. Changed it to sleep and now it works. Thanks, one more problem down, five more to go. Smile

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - goresnet - 2013-03-04

Silvaire, did you have to change a setting in your activity to make the harmony send the power toggle command with starting up and shutting down your activity? I assume, of course, that you made a "utility" activity, and that you have a harmony remote.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - Silvaire - 2013-03-04

You should have it set to PowerToggle for On and Off for that device (Media Center SE).

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - goresnet - 2013-03-04

Ok, thanks for the quick response. I still haven't decided if I want to have this thing sleep, or leave it on 24/7. But I like having the option.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - jadonv - 2013-03-09

hi can u re link the pictures of the guide so i can read them Big Grin pleeeasseeeee or just pm them to me or something Tongue thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - bodhi - 2013-03-09

The pictures have been reposted here in this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77519&pid=942798#pid942798

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - El Bandit - 2013-03-16

Five of the pics in jjd-uk's post are dead links - could someone repost them? Ta.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - bodhi - 2013-03-17

(2013-03-16, 02:09)El Bandit Wrote: Five of the pics in jjd-uk's post are dead links - could someone repost them? Ta.

You coud PM jjd-uk.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - rattyjunk - 2013-03-18

I've been on the hunt for a guide to setup my Harmony 1100 remote to run with XBMC and I came upon your other post regarding this. I just wanted some clarity on a few things if thats possible? I have a Origen AE S21T case which I know doesn't work with the remote, but all I really want is control over xbmc. Although having said tha PC control would be awesome. This maybe a stupid question but why do you have to setup the 2 options/devices below that you suggest in your other post. I'm finding some suggestions from people just saying to use step 1.

I have a RC6 IR receiver but my case uses an IMON setup so is there likely to be conflicts between the two, should I disable one?

Step 1: Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “Windows Media Center SE” rename to XBMC (sw)

and

Step 2: Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “MCE Keyboard”

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - bodhi - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-18, 09:51)rattyjunk Wrote: I've been on the hunt for a guide to setup my Harmony 1100 remote to run with XBMC and I came upon your other post regarding this. I just wanted some clarity on a few things if thats possible? I have a Origen AE S21T case which I know doesn't work with the remote, but all I really want is control over xbmc. Although having said tha PC control would be awesome. This maybe a stupid question but why do you have to setup the 2 options/devices below that you suggest in your other post. I'm finding some suggestions from people just saying to use step 1.

I have a RC6 IR receiver but my case uses an IMON setup so is there likely to be conflicts between the two, should I disable one?

Step 1: Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “Windows Media Center SE” rename to XBMC (sw)

and

Step 2: Select: Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “MCE Keyboard”

The reason is the 2nd device "MCE Keyboard" provides all of the letter keys (a,b,c,..1,2,..), while the 1st device (MCE SE) provides only key combos (Ctrl-W, Alt-F4, Win+1,2,3,...). So to have all keys available, both are needed. However, if your usage is limited to regular single letters/numbers then you need only the MCE Keyboard.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - rattyjunk - 2013-03-19

Thank you for clearing that up for me Smile

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - prawnee - 2013-03-26

I'm wondering if someone has experiance with this. I have RC6 IR receiver and a MCE remote with i've set up as a device in Harmony. I have set up an activity in my Harmony Touch to turn on my AVR, TV and wake my HTPC from sleep (using power toggle), except the only time it wakes my HTPC is the 1st time after i've set up the activity or using the help button. I've tried all sorts of delays to no avail, all of my hair has fallen out and i'm about to launch the Harmony out of the window. Oh and BTW this works fine with the original MCE remote.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - bodhi - 2013-03-26

(2013-03-26, 12:04)prawnee Wrote: I'm wondering if someone has experiance with this. I have RC6 IR receiver and a MCE remote with i've set up as a device in Harmony. I have set up an activity in my Harmony Touch to turn on my AVR, TV and wake my HTPC from sleep (using power toggle), except the only time it wakes my HTPC is the 1st time after i've set up the activity or using the help button. I've tried all sorts of delays to no avail, all of my hair has fallen out and i'm about to launch the Harmony out of the window. Oh and BTW this works fine with the original MCE remote.

Try adding the MCE SE keyboard device. Use the power button on this device to to test wake/sleep HTPC. After you satisfied that it works with the device, add it to the activity.

Also make sure that you select Power Settings option "this device has ONE power button to turn it ON/OFF".

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC - prawnee - 2013-03-26

Thank you Sir! I'll try that and report back.