Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Picture Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=150)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=77612)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - d2a2 - 2015-05-07

a ha - turns out it was permissions. changing the -mapall parameter to my specific user and group fixed it.

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - whph - 2015-05-10

Any idea whether this add-on works with the data base of Aperture 3.6 (used in Yosemite)?

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2015-05-10

I confess I haven't tried yet, but I suspect it should work. I don't believe anything about the library structure changed in that version. It was supposed to just be a compatibility update.

Are you having issues with it?

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - whph - 2015-05-18

Meanwhile, I tested it with a small library and it looks like it works. *No guarantee whatsoever*

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - robviss - 2015-06-15

Hi all. I've been using xbmc/kodi for a year now & only just found your iPhoto add-on.
Problem I have is trying to configure it. ( i don't even know how to find the Album.xml ).
I am aware of the config instructions avail from within the add -on however I cannot follow & understand it entirely.

Can anyone point me to a step by step?

* Running Kodi on Android Cocoon media centre to Smart TV
* iPhoto is on a Macbook Pro

Hope someone can assist? Been trying for 2 x days now & my head is spinning!!
Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2015-06-15

It would help if you told me what part of the instructions you don't understand.

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - robviss - 2015-06-15

Sorry but I don't understand any of those instructions. That is why I'm trying to find out if there are any step by step instructions that i could follow?
Im obviously no computer programer but ive never had problems configuring the other Add ons ive used in the past.
I would really love to use this add on but Simply cant work out the config notes.
If anyone can post a step by step guide for users that are not familiar with allot of computer lingo that would be much appreciated.
Cheers for your reply.

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2015-06-15

The instructions I wrote are step-by-step... I will need to know specifically what you're having issues with.

You need to share the drive where your library is via AFS, SMB, or whatever you choose. You need to know where the iPhoto library is on your computer. It's usually in your Home folder under the Pictures folder, as noted in the documentation.

Unfortunately the addon cannot figure all of this stuff out for you because your library resides on another machine. If you were to run Kodi on your Mac where the library is located, it'd likely work out of the box, provided everything is in the default locations.

Since I don't know exactly what your stuck on, it's really hard for me to say anything other than what I've already said in the documentation.

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - robviss - 2015-06-16

Ok.. Thanks for your patients with me on this.
Here is where I get stuck:-

1/ In the iPhoto Add-on Settings/General
* PATH TO IPHOTO OR APERTURE LIBRARY
I have chosen from the list SMB. I click on that and WORKGROUP comes up. I click on that and see 2 x options "ROBVISSERSMBP2" & T-GATEWAY.
I choose ROBVISSERSMBP2 & the an ERROR box comes up "OPERATION NOT PERMITTED.

2/ In the LOCAL ROOT PATH TO MASTERS
I have input what I believe to be the ALBUM.XML /Volumes/Seagate Backup Plus Drive/Pictures/iPhoto Library

I have tried this with MANAGED LIBRARY both Enabled & Disabled

As for your documentation I must be looking at the wrong document as I cannot see any Step by Step Instructions? My Bad!

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2015-06-16

1) I have no idea why Kodi cannot access your share. You will need to either post a debug log here or elsewhere for me or someone else to debug that for you.

2) Is your library managed, or not? You need to know this first.

As for step-by-step, the documentation is so, because.. it's literally 1) share your library out somehow (SMB, NFS, AFS, whatever), 2) point the addon at it. There's nothing more to it unless you have a referenced library (as opposed to a managed one).

Thanks. It is a managed library

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - hidalgo67 - 2015-06-16

(2015-06-16, 02:32)robviss Wrote: […]
1/ In the iPhoto Add-on Settings/General
* PATH TO IPHOTO OR APERTURE LIBRARY
I have chosen from the list SMB. I click on that and WORKGROUP comes up. I click on that and see 2 x options "ROBVISSERSMBP2" & T-GATEWAY.
I choose ROBVISSERSMBP2 & the an ERROR box comes up "OPERATION NOT PERMITTED.
[…]

Do your user on Kodi have permission to access your share where is your iPhoto Library on?

How can i would check that?

I seriously don't understand why you as the developer of this add-on cannot help out a newbee trying to use your add-on?

All we need is some assistance as to what we need to input into the following sections of the GENERAL SETTINGS:-

PATH TO IPHOTO OR APERTURE LIBRARY.
LOCAL ROOT PATH TO MASTERS.
REWRITE ROOT PATH AS.

You say it is a simple step by step. ie: "1) share your library out somehow (SMB, NFS, AFS, whatever), 2) point the addon at it. There's nothing more to it unless you have a referenced library (as opposed to a managed one).

PLEASE EXPLAIN ! Sad What does all this mean?....YES I am an idiot but the instructions are not clear.

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2015-06-16

(2015-06-16, 06:09)robviss Wrote: I seriously don't understand why you as the developer of this add-on cannot help out a newbee trying to use your add-on?

Cannot help? I asked you for a debug log. Provide that, and perhaps I can help you. I'm not trying to be rude. I just cannot help if you cannot provide the information I need to help you.

Your current issue (OPERATION NOT PERMITTED) is not an issue with my addon. It's an issue with how you have your share set up.

(2015-06-16, 06:09)robviss Wrote: PATH TO IPHOTO OR APERTURE LIBRARY.

This is how the machine on which you're running Kodi would access the iPhoto Library folder that you've shared over the network from your Mac. If Kodi cannot access it, neither can my addon. See above -- I need your debug log to tell you why Kodi cannot do it. It has nothing to do with my addon.

(2015-06-16, 06:09)robviss Wrote: LOCAL ROOT PATH TO MASTERS.
REWRITE ROOT PATH AS.

You leave these at their default values because your library is managed. Both of these options are only if you have a referenced library. In fact, if you have checked the "Managed Library" option (which you should have), you can't change these anyway. I tried quite hard to make this clear in the documentation that is included with the addon:

Code:
Referenced and Managed Libraries
================================
iPhoto and Aperture give you the option of managing your photos for you, by
placing a copy of them within the library itself, or referencing your
originals, leaving them in their original location on the filesystem.

If your library is managed, you will select "Managed Library" in the plugin
settings (this is the default).

If your library is referenced and you are running XBMC on the same machine
that you use iPhoto or Aperture, you may also select "Managed Library".

If your library is referenced and resides on a share over the network,
you need to tell the plugin how to access the originals.  If on the
machine you use iPhoto or Aperture your originals are accessed via, for
instance, "/Volumes/Media/Pictures", they may not be mounted at the same point
on the machine on which you run XBMC.  If this is the case, you will need to
configure the "Local root path to masters" and "Rewrite root path as"
options.

The second paragraph there is key -- your library is managed, so you leave it at the defaults.

(2015-06-16, 06:09)robviss Wrote: You say it is a simple step by step. ie: "1) share your library out somehow (SMB, NFS, AFS, whatever), 2) point the addon at it. There's nothing more to it unless you have a referenced library (as opposed to a managed one).

PLEASE EXPLAIN ! Sad What does all this mean?....YES I am an idiot but the instructions are not clear.

It means you need to know how to share a drive or folder over your network. I'm sorry, but this whole thing will not work unless you can manage that.

My addon has no way of accessing your library on another computer without you providing a proper share over your network. I don't know how else to explain this to you without going way out of scope of my addon in particular. Kodi proper has to be able to access those files.

I recommend you read up on how to share drives/folders/files over a network. If Kodi is having trouble accessing those files over the network, I recommend that you post in the general troubleshooting forums.

I'm willing to help you diagnose your issue, but I need a debug log to do so.