Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Picture Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=150)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=77612)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - MarceFX - 2012-06-22

(2012-06-22, 14:14)jingai Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 12:20)MarceFX Wrote: I'm having problems running it on my Macbook Pro (OS X Lion). The plugin seems to be working. I successfully imported the library, but every time I open a pic I get a black screen, nothing loads. I get all the file names, proper folder structure and all that, but pictures won't open. Any ideas?

Please enable debugging in XBMC and re-import the library (Update Library) from within my add-on. Navigate to one of the pictures that won't load and then send me the resulting xbmc.log file.

PM sent. Thank you

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2012-06-22

This:

Code:
14:20:18 T:2953850880   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url /Volumes/Datos HD/Pictures/iPhoto Library//Thumbnails/....

appears to be the issue. Is that path local to the machine on which you're running XBMC?

(2012-06-22, 14:32)jingai Wrote: This:

Code:
14:20:18 T:2953850880   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url /Volumes/Datos HD/Pictures/iPhoto Library//Thumbnails/....

appears to be the issue. Is that path local to the machine on which you're running XBMC?

That's the correct path, but I figured out what the problem is.... As of last week, I'm using Aperture's library as my iPhoto's library. Apple unified both libraries.

I tested the plugin with the regular iPhoto library location and it works flawlessly. My bad! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Any way you can add support to this new Aperture/iPhoto sharing library thing? I tried adding the path to Aperture's library, but I got an error.

I guess is too much to ask, but thanks for your work! :-)

(2012-06-22, 17:21)MarceFX Wrote: That's the correct path, but I figured out what the problem is.... As of last week, I'm using Aperture's library as my iPhoto's library. Apple unified both libraries.

I tested the plugin with the regular iPhoto library location and it works flawlessly. My bad! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Any way you can add support to this new Aperture/iPhoto sharing library thing? I tried adding the path to Aperture's library, but I got an error.

I'm honestly not sure yet. I have postponed the update myself simply because I haven't had time to look at the ramifications to my add-on. When I get some free time to deal with it, I'll see what I can do.

(2012-06-22, 17:28)jingai Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 17:21)MarceFX Wrote: That's the correct path, but I figured out what the problem is.... As of last week, I'm using Aperture's library as my iPhoto's library. Apple unified both libraries.

I'm honestly not sure yet. I have postponed the update myself simply because I haven't had time to look at the ramifications to my add-on. When I get some free time to deal with it, I'll see what I can do.

Thank you! Wink

Update: I've been doing some testing and found a possible workaround. Instead of using Aperture's library as the main one, I use iPhoto's. It works.

So, once you open Aperture, select "File/Switch to Library/Other/New..." and select iPhoto's library. That's all. This way we can take advantage of your addon and use Aperture to process our pictures. No need for you to do some extra work.

Cheers!

(2012-06-22, 21:06)MarceFX Wrote: Update: I've been doing some testing and found a possible workaround. Instead of using Aperture's library as the main one, I use iPhoto's. It works.

Oh, good there is a workaround, given I don't know how long it will take me to get to this.

But, it seems to me that if it works with one, it should work with the other, no? Aren't they supposed to be the same now? Or did Apple just make it so each app can open each other's libraries? Seems an odd thing to do, instead of just making a common library format..

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - MarceFX - 2012-07-04

(2012-06-22, 21:09)jingai Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 21:06)MarceFX Wrote: Update: I've been doing some testing and found a possible workaround. Instead of using Aperture's library as the main one, I use iPhoto's. It works.

Oh, good there is a workaround, given I don't know how long it will take me to get to this.

But, it seems to me that if it works with one, it should work with the other, no? Aren't they supposed to be the same now? Or did Apple just make it so each app can open each other's libraries? Seems an odd thing to do, instead of just making a common library format..

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you (didn't get the mail notification). It looks like Apple did as you said: both apps are able to open each other's libraries, but they don't share the same format. It makes sense, since Aperture uses a diferente structure: catalog with projects and stuff like that.

Anyway, thanks for your kind attention :-)

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - gatd - 2012-07-07

Hi please can someone help?

I keep getting ~ Failed to initialize addon database please reimport your iPhoto Library

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2012-07-07

I will need the debug log to help you. Turn on debugging in XBMC settings and then navigate to the iPhoto plugin and try to import your library. Send me your xbmc.log after you do this.

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - gatd - 2012-07-07

pm sent with log

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - bobslee - 2012-08-01

Hi jingai
Are there any plans to support slideshows?

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2012-08-01

(2012-08-01, 21:13)bobslee Wrote: Are there any plans to support slideshows?

Yes, the next release will (hopefully) include slideshow support. I had wanted to get this feature in a while ago, but I unfortunately just haven't had the time lately.

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - bobslee - 2012-08-01

(2012-08-01, 21:14)jingai Wrote:
(2012-08-01, 21:13)bobslee Wrote: Are there any plans to support slideshows?

Yes, the next release will (hopefully) include slideshow support. I had wanted to get this feature in a while ago, but I unfortunately just haven't had the time lately.

Thanks for quick answering Smile
I use iPhoto '08 (version 7). iPhoto Slideshows appear under Albums.
What differs from this with the new feature?

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2012-08-01

(2012-08-01, 21:36)bobslee Wrote: I use iPhoto '08 (version 7). iPhoto Slideshows appear under Albums.
What differs from this with the new feature?

Actually, when I said "slideshow support," I meant that I am working on providing a way to create slideshows from within the addon. And by "slideshow," I really mean an album that you can create and modify on-the-fly. It will play like any other album, but you'll be able to add to and remove from it within the addon. It won't feed back to iPhoto (visible only within my addon).

If you were referring to all the bells and whistles (transitions, titles, etc) you get with the in-built slideshow feature in iPhoto, I can't add that, since iPhoto renders all of that on-the-fly and I don't have access to those functions. It might be possible to play the selected background music, but even that will require that the path(s) you specified to the song(s) be accessible on the client on which you're running XBMC, which is often not the case.

If you want the complete slideshow as you see it within iPhoto, probably your best bet is to render it to a video and play that within XBMC.

Also, do you have any problems with my addon using iPhoto from iLife '07? I have only tested with iPhoto from iLife '09 and '11, so I'm kind of curious.