Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- DeniedByFleury - 2011-01-29

elitegamer360 Wrote:if you are using the configv1.24 you just need to save it anywhere and apply it once then restart and you can delete it afterwards if you want.

The Autohotkey script must be in your windows all users startup folder, so every time you start your PC it will load.

and finaly the Windows "13" map it to Windows + Alt + Return or Enter it does not matter both return and enter are the same. So tick "windows and Alt" and from the drop down menu choose Enter or return.

Cheers,
EG

ok i got everything configured. lets hope it works. ill test it in a few minutes

- jeffpzy - 2011-01-29

elitegamer360 Wrote:Thanks for the info Smile

Yes then, please try your HP remote as it will help source the problem. If the HP remote works then its to do with your URC MX-450.

Cheers,
EG.

EG,

Ok so I tried the HP remote pointed at the IR receiver and I can navigate correctly with it. I re-learned the directional and page up/down buttons into the MX-450 and still have the same issue. When I push any of the directional buttons it will only do it once. I did find out though that when I push the directional button up it will go up once and stop. If I then push left or something else then it will let me use the up again. So a different button push in between will let me use the button again. Weird. I can't figure out the reason for the different behavior when all I did was learn the command. Any ideas?

- DeniedByFleury - 2011-01-29

ok got the power key to bring up the menu Big Grin

however the green button still wont start xbmc.. but i did manage to get it to stop opening WMC and the XBOX..

EDIT -- while watching a movie or tv show if i press the green windows button it will reduce the screen and maximize it if pressed again.... hmmm

- elitegamer360 - 2011-01-29

@ Teeedubb: Last time I ran emulators when I was running my XBOX XBMC it was just hitting the back or selecting exit. But these days on Windows XBMC what is required to close the window, I do not know? What would you usually do? Does Alt-F4 does the trick or if you hit End on your keyboard, would it do?

Tell me what actually closes the emulators and I will be able to help :-)

@ Jefpzy: Since you've tried the HP remote and the navigation buttons are working fine then the problem is with your MX-450 remote and nothing to do with the script or windows. It's your MX-450 I'm affraid, honstly I am not familiar with it and can't say why it's acting like this and it might be something with windows after all I just can't tell.

Try to contact remote manufacturer for support, they should be able to help you. Sorry.

@ DeniedByFleury: if you used my config v1.24 you would've not faced any issues, it simply does every thing you want out of the box. And then simply if you want to swap functions or change them then use MCERemotemapper.

The green start button is not working for you because your start button does not send "Windows-alt-enter", if you changed it to "Shift-alt-enter" like I told you yesterday then you need to modify the autohotkey script as I told you as well yesterday.

Make sure the UAC is turned off in windows and then just in case close the script from the windows taskbar then edit it. Save and reload the script. If you can't manage to do that, the I advice to just use my config v1.24 every thing in it already and you will not need to modify scripts.

Cheers,
EG.

- jeffpzy - 2011-01-29

elitegamer360 Wrote:Thanks for the info Smile

Yes then, please try your HP remote as it will help source the problem. If the HP remote works then its to do with your URC MX-450.

Cheers,
EG.
EG,

Ok so I tried the HP remote pointed at the IR receiver and I can navigate correctly with it. I re-learned the directional and page up/down buttons into the MX-450 and still have the same issue. When I push any of the directional buttons it will only do it once. I did find out though that when I push the directional button up it will go up once and stop. If I then push left or something else then it will let me use the up again. So a different button push in between will let me use the button again. Weird. I can't figure out the reason for the different behavior when all I did was learn the command. Any ideas?

- DeniedByFleury - 2011-01-30

elitegamer360 Wrote:@ DeniedByFleury: if you used my config v1.24 you would've not faced any issues, it simply does every thing you want out of the box. And then simply if you want to swap functions or change them then use MCERemotemapper.

The green start button is not working for you because your start button does not send "Windows-alt-enter", if you changed it to "Shift-alt-enter" like I told you yesterday then you need to modify the autohotkey script as I told you as well yesterday.

Make sure the UAC is turned off in windows and then just in case close the script from the windows taskbar then edit it. Save and reload the script. If you can't manage to do that, the I advice to just use my config v1.24 every thing in it already and you will not need to modify scripts.

Cheers,
EG.

ok so i have it set to Shift-Alt-Enter... so i need to change the autohotkey script to +!Enter::??

sorry that i keep asking im just trying to understand

- elitegamer360 - 2011-01-30

DeniedByFleury Wrote:ok so i have it set to Shift-Alt-Enter... so i need to change the autohotkey script to +!Enter::??

sorry that i keep asking im just trying to understand

Yes, and after you do the change do not forget to save and reload the script. Script will not work without reloading. It needs to be reloaded just once after a change in code.

Cheers,
EG.

elitegamer360 Wrote:Yes, and after you do the change do not forget to save and reload the script. Script will not work without reloading. It needs to be reloaded just once after a change in code.

Cheers,
EG.

do i need to restart the pc after reloading the script?

Green Home Button not performing ANY function now..

wonder what im missing..

DeniedByFleury Wrote:do i need to restart the pc after reloading the script?

No, I would've told you if it was required :-) restarting only for changing registry remote keys.

Autohotkey scripts does not require restarts :-)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
EG.

elitegamer360 Wrote:No, I would've told you if it was required :-) restarting only for changing registry remote keys.

Autohotkey scripts does not require restarts :-)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
EG.

lol alright, still isnt working and i cant figure out what im doing wrong either.

my script says

;Win-Alt-Enter is the shortcut for greenbutton_Win32bit
+!Enter::
IfWinNotExist XBMC.exe ;If XBMC is shutdown
Run C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe ;Start it
WinWait,XBMC,,5 ;wait for 5 seconds for it
If ErrorLevel ;Display an error in case it times out.
{
MsgBox, XBMC Startup timed out.
return
}
WinActivate ;Activate the window, in case the it's in the background.
WinMaximize ;Maximize the window.
WinShow ;Bring it to front.
return

oh well Sad

DeniedByFleury Wrote:lol alright, still isnt working and i cant figure out what im doing wrong either.

my script says

;Win-Alt-Enter is the shortcut for greenbutton_Win32bit
+!Enter::
IfWinNotExist XBMC.exe ;If XBMC is shutdown
Run C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe ;Start it
WinWait,XBMC,,5 ;wait for 5 seconds for it
If ErrorLevel ;Display an error in case it times out.
{
MsgBox, XBMC Startup timed out.
return
}
WinActivate ;Activate the window, in case the it's in the background.
WinMaximize ;Maximize the window.
WinShow ;Bring it to front.
return

oh well Sad

You know, al those problems that you are facing because you simply ignoring what I told since 2 pages back! Did I not tell you to use my configv1.24 and the script to go with it?

It will take us days to see this through, if you can not simply follow easy steps then you will not be able to do it.

How hard can be downloading a config file double click on it and restart. Then download a script and place it in the windows start up folder then double click to apply it, this will not take in average more than 10 minutes to do! Very very simple, I'm just lost here you see :-(

Just do as follows and you won't regret it. Final effort from me, I'm starting to give up now Rolleyes

First Delete any scripts you already have, i do not care how or where just do it, then.

1- download configv1.24
2- double click on it to apply settings.
3- restart your PC.
4- download the appropriate autohotkey script to go with your windows. If you have windows 64bit download 64bit script and so on. Put the script in your windows startup folder and then double click on it to apply it.
5- Now you should have complete working setup. And all the things you are struggling with should work.
6- any button from now on you want to change you can easily do using MCERemotemapper.

Hope that helps now.

Cheers,
EG.

elitegamer360 Wrote:You know, al those problems that you are facing because you simply ignoring what I told since 2 pages back! Did I not tell you to use my configv1.24 and the script to go with it?

It will take us days to see this through, if you can not simply follow easy steps then you will not be able to do it.

How hard can be downloading a config file double click on it and restart. Then download a script and place it in the windows start up folder then double click to apply it, this will not take in average more than 10 minutes to do! Very very simple, I'm just lost here you see :-(

Just do as follows and you won't regret it. Final effort from me, I'm starting to give up now Rolleyes

First Delete any scripts you already have, i do not care how or where just do it, then.

1- download configv1.24
2- double click on it to apply settings.
3- restart your PC.
4- download the appropriate autohotkey script to go with your windows. If you have windows 64bit download 64bit script and so on. Put the script in your windows startup folder and then double click on it to apply it.
5- Now you should have complete working setup. And all the things you are struggling with should work.
6- any button from now on you want to change you can easily do using MCERemotemapper.

Hope that helps now.

Cheers,
EG.

alright i think i understand now, thanks again, sorry for getting confused.....

DeniedByFleury Wrote:alright i think i understand now, thanks again, sorry for getting confused.....

No need for apologising, we all do mistakes and get confused. :-)

You just want to drive a truck when you still can't drive a car "computer wise, do mot get me wrong" I'm sure in real life you can drive a TANK :-)

Anyways what I've been trying to say all along is follow my steps get your head around the methods and procedures, then you will get the skill gradually.

Do not rush :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- jeffpzy - 2011-01-30

jeffpzy Wrote:EG,

Will the mce remote add on in xbmc screw up any of your configuration files? I'm trying to cover all my bases with troubleshooting.

- teeedubb - 2011-01-30

elitegamer360 Wrote:@ Teeedubb: Last time I ran emulators when I was running my XBOX XBMC it was just hitting the back or selecting exit. But these days on Windows XBMC what is required to close the window, I do not know? What would you usually do? Does Alt-F4 does the trick or if you hit End on your keyboard, would it do?

Tell me what actually closes the emulators and I will be able to help :-)

I loved all the emulators on the original xbox, they were so easy to use!

From what Ive seen its either alt + f4 or escape and then there is the issue if a user presses the exit button twice. Ive been mucking around with eventghost, and I noticed that my mce receiver was receiving sgnals from my tv remote, so I have been setting up events using unused ir commands from my tv remote then having my logitech harmony learn the commands. I have a button to close the app that has focus, reboot the system and if xbmc is closed it will open up again after 10 seconds. It was working well last night but eventghost seems to be having issues today...Sad

Anyhow, after some minor tweaks I have my remote working perfectly in xbmc! Big Grin Thankyou very much elitegamer360!!!