Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- elitegamer360 - 2011-03-07

ruben35 Wrote:Hello

my system: zbox id40 , win7(64) , logitech harmony 700 with RC6 usb-receiver

I installed all the reg-files, ... described at your http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote.html and it
works without a problem.

Now I want to autostart XBMC when the htpc wakes up from stand-by.
That means:
1. my remote sends the wakeup signal => htpc is booting
2. After 10 seconds my remote sends the "green button" signal and
XBMC is starting.

My problem: sometimes I get an error message box at start-up:
>> XBMC Startup timed out <<
I know this is an error message of the greenbutton-ahk-script.

Do you have any experience, why XBMC cannot be startet by the script.
Is there a log files, where I can examine the reason for the error ?

How should i manage the automatic startup of XBMC?

Thank you for some advice
ruben35

I'm not home at the momeny but this error occurs because i've set a time limit in the script to start XBMC, if it fails it will let you know instead of waiting without knowing whats going on.

Now your system can't launch XBMC in 5 seconds so you can either extend the delay in your remote to 15 or 20 seconds untill your pc loads or after a reboot start XBMC manually using the mouse and measure how long it would take it to load.

Then open the GSB script and if you go to the 5th line change the Value "5" to whatever time you know XBMC will load successfully and all will be good.

Cheers,
EG.

- reon - 2011-03-08

I had a problem controlling the Power TV button on my Microsoft Media Center Remote control model 1039 which I could not find a solution in this thread. Hope I save someones day by sharing this one... Notice the button at the left top corner labeled TV. I wanted to exit XBMC with this button as this is it's behavior in Media Portal. The other button, power PC, is used to shutdown the PC.

The guys at Media portal have identified this button with value 101 (hex = 65)
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/15_Customization/00_Configuration/8_Remote/Control_MediaPortal_with_Harmony_525_and_Sconi_IR

The hex value - 65 - Is the value you need to add to the reg file. Simply copy the [Power] line and replace the first characters 0c with 65.

65,00,00,00,04,00,16,\ ; [TVPower] - was "03,82,00" then "04,04,3d" sends alt-F4 now sends "S"

Install the .reg and restart your computer. The TV button on the remote should now bring up XBMC's S menu.

Cheers

- elitegamer360 - 2011-03-08

Thank you reon for the info :-)

I did not know about this button before now, I'll add it to the next reg config release so that it will always be there if anyone wants to configure it.

Cheers,
EG.

Black Screen - fishypops - 2011-03-08

Hi,

Ever since I modified my MCE remote and started with it for XBMC, I get black screens. The only way to get rid of the black screen in XBMC, is to <Ctrl><Alt><Del> and kill the XBMC process.

Is this a known problem ? If not, then I will dig and provide more details on it.

Thanks.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-03-08

fishypops Wrote:Hi,

Ever since I modified my MCE remote and started with it for XBMC, I get black screens. The only way to get rid of the black screen in XBMC, is to <Ctrl><Alt><Del> and kill the XBMC process.

Is this a known problem ? If not, then I will dig and provide more details on it.

Thanks.

I do not think your Black screen issue is due to your mce remote setup! The remote config reg files does not alter anything display wise.

What exactly happens? When does it occur?

Have you considered reverting to your original registry settings?

More info would be helpful! Also if you enable debug log and try to reproduce the black screen then post the debug log here!

Edit: Please post the debug log on pastebin.com then post the link back here.

Cheers,
EG.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-03-13

Just updated the site regarding keyboard.xml. Some people having issues becuase they are just forgetting to replace the keyboard.xml in the system folder. To avoid this, from now on the location to put the custom Keyboard.xml will be in the userdata Keymaps folder :-)

%AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

So when updating to new XBMC release you will not have to replace the Original keyboard.xml in the "System" folder.

Also for anyone who does not know! Keyboard.xml in [Appdata "Keymaps"] folder will override the Original XBMC keyboard.xml in the [System "Keymaps"] folder.

Cheers,
EG.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-03-19

@elitegamer

first let me say i love your reg fix. All works very nice for me.

Could you help me with one problem. When i enter my movie library i have the jumpsms function for my movies, all work fine when i press the 6 xbmc moves to m and so on.
But now i enter the search function and will search for something, now the 6 give me a 6 and not a m. Could i edit the keyboard.xml or remote.xml so that i have in the search function the sms keyboard ?

Greets
Eisi

- elitegamer360 - 2011-03-19

Eisi2005 Wrote:@elitegamer

first let me say i love your reg fix. All works very nice for me.

Could you help me with one problem. When i enter my movie library i have the jumpsms function for my movies, all work fine when i press the 6 xbmc moves to m and so on.
But now i enter the search function and will search for something, now the 6 give me a 6 and not a m. Could i edit the keyboard.xml or remote.xml so that i have in the search function the sms keyboard ?

Greets
Eisi

In XBMC Settings_> System _> Input Devices [ENABLE] "Remote comtrol sends keyboard presses"

;-)

Cheers,
EG.

Sorry for the double post my mobile broadband sucx :-(

- Eisi2005 - 2011-03-19

@elitegamer

sorry i think my english is not so good, so you dont understand me Sad

I use only your reg key to enable the mce remote. Then i use the standard keyboard.xml come with xbmc. I have then make a keyboard.xml in my userdata with this content:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<two>JumpSMS2</two>
<three>JumpSMS3</three>
<four>JumpSMS4</four>
<five>JumpSMS5</five>
<six>JumpSMS6</six>
<seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
<eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
<nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
<j>audionextlanguage</j>
<k>UpdateLibrary(video)</k>
<b>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles,return)</b>
<e>ActivateWindow(myvideolibrary, special://videoplaylists/Kinderserie.xsp)</e>
<g>ActivateWindow(myvideolibrary, special://videoplaylists/TV-Serie.xsp)</g>
<h>ActivateWindow(myvideolibrary, special://videoplaylists/Animation.xsp)</h>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

When i now enter my movie library i could scroll through the library with 6=m again 6 jumps to n and so on. That´s all ok.

When i now make the search function in the skin and search any content and i press 6 he wrotes 6. Is there any chance to make that in search function i have an sms write too, so that xbmc writes a m when i press 6 and not a 6 ?

Greets
Eisi

I understand now :-O

You seem to have done everything correctly but if I remeber correctly someone else reported this in another thread. Not sure if its related or is it an issue with XBMC 10.1 !

JUMPSMS will not work the way you did it!

I suggest you download my keyboard.xml v1.81 and place it in your userdata folder instead of the one you already have. And then add all the options as above to it then you should not have any issue. It seems to work with a full keyboard.xml and not just partial editions. :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-03-19

@elitegamer

it did not work.

I have now copy your keyboard.xml with my addons to my C:\Users\Eisi2005\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps dir

the xml has now the following content:

http://pastebin.com/Nkhk23nY

In my Y:\XBMC\system\keymaps keyboard.xml is the following content:

http://pastebin.com/j4CcpiXi

In search i didn´t have sms keyboard, only numbers. Or could i use in search only the virtual keyboard ?

Greets
Eisi

- cd492 - 2011-03-19

At first big thanks for this nice tutorial. Have been using eventghost for some time but after I switched to win 7 eventghost can`t find my mce remote any more. So I tried your way and I`m really happy with it.

Just one tiny question. How can I switch from windowed mode to full screen mode with the remote? It`s the keyboard button "\".

cd492 Wrote:At first big thanks for this nice tutorial. Have been using eventghost for some time but after I switched to win 7 eventghost can`t find my mce remote any more. So I tried your way and I`m really happy with it.

Just one tiny question. How can I switch from windowed mode to full screen mode with the remote? It`s the keyboard button "\".

Yes this "\" will switch to fullscreen. BTW the GSB script will be able to maximise XBMC if its windowed using your green start button, it might be with title bar though ;-)

Edit: if you want to use one of the buttons on your remote to send "\" then just use MCERemotemapper

Choose the button you want to use and make sure no boxes are ticked against it then from the dropdown menu select "OemPipe" if I remember correctly it represents the "\"

Cheers,
EG.

- cd492 - 2011-03-19

elitegamer360 Wrote:Yes this "\" will switch to fullscreen. BTW the GSB script will be able to maximise XBMC if its windowed using your green start button, it might be with title bar though ;-)

Edit: if you want to use one of the buttons on your remote to send "\" then just use MCERemotemapper

Choose the button you want to use and make sure no boxes are ticked against it then from the dropdown menu select "OemPipe" if I remember correctly it represents the "\"

Cheers,
EG.

Yeah already tried the MceRemoteMapper, what an amazing little tool btw, but couldn`t find the blacksplash in the menu. OemPipe is the solution. Thanks EG!