Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- jhsrennie - 2011-09-12

BEKO86 Wrote:Silly question how do I know what info the button sends never done that in windows.

Showkey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

JR

- babca - 2011-09-13

elitegamer360 Wrote:try turn debounce off it usually only occurs with the Harmony remotes and does not effect MCE remotes. Debounce off fixes multiple key presses of the same button which could result in a single key press to register hence it might look like a delay.

Thanks for helping out. However turning debounce off had no effect. After all, the problem is probably in the remote itself Sad There's a 21 pages long thread on Logitech site, I will continue discussing this problem in this thread

- mac666 - 2011-09-13

how can i change for example the 'T' (Teletext) button action?

- elitegamer360 - 2011-09-14

zpike1 Wrote:If i click the launch XBMC button it brings XBMC in front. So its not a big problem ..just one of dose things that are abit confusingSmile

Thanks for your help and im looking forward for the update.

Just released the updates =D Sorry for the delay, updating the site took some time Wink

GSB Script only v1.06:

Windows 32bit

Windows 64bit

delete the old script and replace with the new one.

Beer40oz Wrote:@ elitegamer360 thank you so much for this.... where have I been with out this remote. This is so WAF..... thank you.

Nice to hear Big Grin

babca Wrote:Thanks for helping out. However turning debounce off had no effect. After all, the problem is probably in the remote itself Sad There's a 21 pages long thread on Logitech site, I will continue discussing this problem in this thread

As I thought, but I hope some one can help you in the Harmony thread. Honestly I would rather use four remotes than using one that could frustrate me! but this is just me anyways.

Fingers crossed you find a solution :-)

mac666 Wrote:how can i change for example the 'T' (Teletext) button action?

See this Section R1:- Click me, if you still need help let me know Laugh

Cheers,
EG.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-09-14

Updated GSB script to v1.06:

1- Enhanced the Script performance with better XBMC handling in windowed mode and can bring back and force XBMC to take focus better than ever.

2- Added Multi-Screen support, Can extend to a second monitor and disable it as well. This function can be used by mapping one of your remote buttons to "Ctrl+F11". No need to use your PC monitor any more! All can be done from the remote now =D

Updated the AutoSetup to v1.2.14:

Updated with GSB script 1.06, so if you want to use the setup instead of manually replacing the scripts, make sure you backup your current remote setp so you can apply it again after the installation! Or after installing do not restart when prompted. Go to %AppData%\Xbmccustomregis\ and double click on Registry_Backup.reg to restore your current setup and then restart.

Cheers,
EG.

- trogggy - 2011-09-15

I've only just come across this - it looks fantastic, thanks to all involved!

Now the question...
I have 2 versions of xbmc on my pc (windows 32 - dharma installed normally and nightly in portable mode). I want to map the GSB script to point to the portable install. How do I ensure it still starts xbmc in portable mode? Is it as simple as adding ' -p', same as the shortcut on my desktop?
I'm just worried that if I point directly at the nightly xbmc.exe I'm going to start it in normal (non-portable) mode and mess up my dharma install.
Sorry if this is obvious, I have searched! And Thanks in advance for any help.

- fezster - 2011-09-15

That's right, edit the .ahk script (Click AutoHotKey in the bottom right hand corner to open it, and then go to File -> Edit script, from memory).

Where it says:

c:\program files\xbmc\xbmc.exe ;

change to:

c:\program files\xbmc nightly\xbmc.exe -p ;

Im saying this all from memory, but the important point I found was that there needs to be a space before the semi-colon, else I found it didnt work.

- trogggy - 2011-09-15

Brilliant, thanks!

- Beer40oz - 2011-09-17

The windows logo button to start XBMC stopped working!
I fixed it by re-installing xbmccustomregis.v_1.1.99....

Has anyone had this problem? and why it did it?

- elitegamer360 - 2011-09-17

Beer40oz Wrote:The windows logo button to start XBMC stopped working!
I fixed it by re-installing xbmccustomregis.v_1.1.99....

Has anyone had this problem? and why it did it?

I have tested the new script on both 64bit and 32bit Win 7 systems and I did not see any issues at all. After installing v1.2.14 make sure you restart your PC to activate the new settings. I have not changed XBMC default installation locations in the scripts but changed the way it handles and Detects XBMC.

If v1.1.99 works for you then v1.2.14 should automatically work as well! Can you please confirm what OS you are using and where XBMC is installed in your system. Also Can you please install v1.2.14 over v1.1.99 then restart your PC, after your windows loads up please let me know if there are more than one .ahk script in your windows task bar. You should only have v1.06.ahk.

Also can you please tell me what Autohotkey version did you install in your system.

Cheers,
EG.

- Beer40oz - 2011-09-17

Installed v1.2.14 and I am and Auto Hot Key 110401....

Only v1.06.ahk shows....

I am on win 7/64 and XBMC is installed normal under x86 folder on C:

Seems everything is working!

- elitegamer360 - 2011-09-17

Beer40oz Wrote:Installed v1.2.14 and I am and Auto Hot Key 110401....

Only v1.06.ahk shows....

I am on win 7/64 and XBMC is installed normal under x86 folder on C:

Seems everything is working!

Good to hear it is working now Wink

Thank you for reporting back. I was afraid that the script was broken specially in the 32bit one due to the new Autohotkey release as it breaks the old "if" scripts. :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- uncola - 2011-09-18

I updated to the new version and everything is working great! My xbmc is the newest svn version and I'm still using the autohotkey linked on your setup page. http://www.autohotkey.net/~Lexikos/AutoHotkey_L/AutoHotkey_L_Install.exe

- elitegamer360 - 2011-09-18

uncola Wrote:I updated to the new version and everything is working great! My xbmc is the newest svn version and I'm still using the autohotkey linked on your setup page. http://www.autohotkey.net/~Lexikos/AutoHotkey_L/AutoHotkey_L_Install.exe

Thanks for the feedback :-) I've installed the latest Autohokey app on my systems and seems everything is perfect no issues at all. Wink

Edit: Please All, if you find what I'm doing here is useful then I'll appreciate it a lot if you rate the thread accordingly. Nod

Cheers,
EG.

- phistyle - 2011-09-20

the green button works fine for me but it keeps on turning my xbox 360 at the same time also...is there any way around this besides unplugging my xbox 360?