Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - TRaSH - 2012-09-22

i tried the search but without any results here,
could you perhaps explain the following
Quote:SmartFocus©:
Release v.2.01.287
1- First Release, enables XBMC to stay on the top of your screen all the time therefore benefiting from using the real full screen option for beter performance.
im intrested in the part " benefiting from using the real full screen option for beter performance" Big Grin

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - azaze1 - 2012-09-27

Hi EG,

I've got a lot or reading and research to do on getting my new (cheap ass) Adesso remote to work the way my old Gyration did (gyration is now dead).

This new Adesso ARC-1100 is not an eHome remote, it's a 'HID-compliant consumer control device' in the device manager. Most of the buttons work w/o tinkering at all. I really just need to get the green button to do what I want. I believe it's sending WIN+ALT+ENTER as I see those keys light up in the onscreen keyboard app in Windows 7, but how can I either have the green button launch something of my own or have those keystrokes launch my own app?

I have my own AutoIT script that presents me with a GUI to select between windows media center, XBMC, or to shutdown my home theater via IP commands to TV, receiver, amp, then puts computer to sleep... so I really don't want the green button to do anything canned.... it must launch my app.

Thanks for any help.. I'll subscript to this thread to watch for a reply Smile

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2012-09-27

Create a shortcut of your application and assign the shortcut key. But this can still have problems with windows media center. So use autohotkey script to capture Win+Alt+Enter and start the application.

Code:
#!Enter::

run C:\program files\yourapp.exe

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - azaze1 - 2012-09-28

(2012-09-27, 10:32)baijuxavior Wrote: Create a shortcut of your application and assign the shortcut key. But this can still have problems with windows media center. So use autohotkey script to capture Win+Alt+Enter and start the application.

Code:
#!Enter::

run C:\program files\yourapp.exe

what do you mean by assign the shortcut key ?

RE: problems with windows media center... I have renamed ehshell.exe to ehshell_m.exe a while back so that any implied launching of WMC fails... again I have my own media launching autoit script to execute ehshell_m.exe. This only became a problem with my new Adesso remote because it sometimes complains that ehshell.exe is not found when hitting the Green button (though not all the time, can't figure out why).

In the end I just need to have something intercept win+alt+enter and exec my script.... or alternatively change whatever is in windows registry that is already trying to exec ehshell.exe with that key combo and alter the program path to be my script.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - azaze1 - 2012-09-28

ok, I got the hotkey setup now and running in the systray... it works. Now I'm wondering how that remapping works so the button can send ctrl+alt+enter. That actually would come in handy for me, but the MCE Remote Mapper doesn't show all of the key codes listed in the PDF tutorial. I get a very basic set of mappings, none of which includes the green button, so I can't use that to remap the green button to a new key combo.

Id 0-11, and 28-34. I'm missing 12-27 IDs so *shrug*

*EDIT*

I guess that reg file adds tons of stuff that wasn't there previously. I thought the MCE remote mapper had a full suite of choices and I had some shortened list... sorry for the unnecessary spam here folks.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - ok103 - 2012-09-28

Hello all thanks for your help .
my RC6 Remote as worked good after i pluged it in my computer but i had a few problems :
1.the big green button - that opened the Windows Media Center.
2.could not enter the subtitles add on with my remote .
3. the on/off button made my computer go to sleep.

After I have installed Xbmccustomregis v2.60.12.exe and now my RC6 remote is working great :
1.the big green button opens the xbmc program .
2.still not working - does anyone know how to reconfigure my remote so it will work?
3. now the on/off button is opening the xbmc power options.

can anyone help me fix my problemHuh

could not enter the subtitles add on with my remote .- still not working - does anyone know how to reconfigure my remote so it will work?

thanks a lot

OK103

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - onizuka - 2012-10-04

Strangely with the latest installer, GSB only works once to launch XBMC, but then it will not work beyond the initial press. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. Pressing "Ctrl-Alt-Enter" in XBMC does work to "refocus" to the main screen however. I've not done any customizing of the registry, keyboard.xml, etc. Everything is standard and untouched. Any ideas?

1- What Operating system are you using?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
2- What Remote are using? Is it Microsoft Compatible or is it Microsoft Certified?
Yes, link for it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WM5J0O/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
4- What IR receiver are you using?
IR receiver came with the remote. It is USB.
6- Is your IR Receiver listed as "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" under the "Human Interface Devices" in the "Device Manager"?
Yes
7- Have you tried any kind of software before trying my customised setup? Have you used any apps like EventGhost before using my setup?
No.
8- Please let me know which version of the .reg file you used or if you used the Auto installer method?
XBMCCustomregis Setup v2.60.12 Auto Installer, using the Autohotkey specified in the instructions.
10- Finally What XBMC version are you using?
Eden v11

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Perre - 2012-10-05

Hi!

I've just reformated and see that I have a icon in my system tray called del.exe. Is this something from the custom mce installation I just did? Or have I somehow gotten a virus 10 seconds after a reformat... Sad

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-05, 22:36)Perre Wrote: Hi!

I've just reformated and see that I have a icon in my system tray called del.exe. Is this something from the custom mce installation I just did? Or have I somehow gotten a virus 10 seconds after a reformat... Sad

What XBMCCustomregis Setup are using? my previous setups used to use "del.exe" to delete redundant files used by earlier versions. But it should not be anywhere near your "system tray" if its from my previous setup files then its safe, but it should be in the temp files, lol.

If you use XBMCCustomregis Setup v2.60.12 then it uses a whole new system and there is no "del.exe" file used at all. I always recommend to use the latest XBMCCustomregis Setup file, it will automatically remove all old files and replace them with the new versions.

EDIT: anyways it should be safe to delete that file, just remove it off your system.

EDIT2: Will be responding for the other post tomorrow, sorry about the late replys in advance :-)

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Perre - 2012-10-06

Thanks for the reply elitegamer360!
I downloaded XBMCCustomregis Setup v2.60.12 and installed it. I'm in the middle of doing a system backup to my Synology Diskstation so I can't reboot in a while. I'll try out the newest version as soon as possible and hopefully everything is ok.

The system tray icon for the del.exe file looks like a remote so I guess I've installed an older version. Smile

Edit: Ah. After checking my backup software I see that I originally installed xbmccustomregis.v.1.2.18!

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - HTPCAsus - 2012-10-06

Good afternoon everyone.
I have MCE remote VRC-1100, this is unbranded MCE Remote, not a real RC6 remote.
I was wondering if I can follow this guide or not?
I need your help, because I'm lost with my MCE remote.
Sorry for my poor english

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - nick101181 - 2012-10-06

Hi all,

I had this working perfectly with Xbmccustomregis and autohotkey. Now it just stopped working. I'm using the mediagate remote and usb receiver. The usb receiver responds to other remotes but not the mediagate remote. I can verify that the remote is working and sending an ir signal. I'm not sure if I accidently deleted something or moved something to cause it? I reinstalled Xbmccustomregis and used the fix windows 7 option then ran it again and reinstalled the scripts, but the usb receiver still does not detect the mediagate remote.

Any ides on how to fix this? It was working fine for 2 months and it was awesome in XBMC.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - gman3042 - 2012-10-07

so i have a harmony remote.. i dont want to use xbmccustomregis because i have (almost) everything setup correctly.. all i want to do is not have wmc start whenever i press the guide or the recorded tv button.. i've renamed ehshell.exe.. but that seems like a lazy workaround.. plus i get an annoying popup when i do it when i'm outside of wmc..

the main problem is that the harmony software can't set buttons like ctrl+letter .. those would be perfect to use.. because those are alternative to using the 'guide' or the 'recorded tv' button setup in the harmony software... which launches wmc

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - brantje - 2012-10-10

3- Radio button Launch Playlist Menu

Can I change it to the yellow button?
Because i don't have a radio button.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way "Registry config" - gman3042 - 2012-10-13

(2012-06-19, 00:33)elitegamer360 Wrote:
(2012-06-18, 02:19)gman3042 Wrote: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880101002

it is a IR605 receiver

not sure how that program is supposed to work.. i load it up.. load up xbmc.. start press random buttons.. but nothing ever comes up on the GUI...

any ideas?

i'm using the harmony with the mce profiles

(2012-06-18, 02:44)gman3042 Wrote: also keep in mind that most of the xbmc commands work.. like back.. play/pause.. and if i set c to context as one of the optional buttons in the harmony remote.. it works fine.. its just that i want the MENU button on my remote to be different in xbmc (c in xbmc) than it is in wmc(regular menu button)..

Ok seems that the remote you are using is RC6 then there should not be a problem setting up your remote like you want. Although this thread is not for harmony remote as I do not have or use one, but the best way to start with any harmony is to setup the main remote first then you can test the harmony functionality afterwards. This way it will be easier for you to find out what the harmony buttons send. At the moment you have left the registry as default and in that situation you will not be able to find what the buttons send like you experienced yourself when using showkey.exe.

So to start, I would advise the following:-

1- Use this File to create backup to your current registry settings just incase you want to revert back to them for any reason. Place the .zip on your desktop and extract "Create.reg.backup.desktop.bat" to your desktop. Double click on the "Create.reg.backup.desktop.bat" to run it and it will automatically create your .reg backup file called "Custom_setup.reg" keep this file safe. NOTE: In case you want to revert to it just double click on it and click "yes" on the popup window.

2- Download Config.reg v1.25 to your desktop, extract "Config.v1.25.reg" and double click on it to install, when the popup window appears click yes then restart your computer.

3- Your MCE remote should be fully configured now and here is the list of what each button should send.

4- Now just test your MCE remote see if it works, the context menu should be "Guide" button on your MCE remote.

5- Finally you can test the harmony with showkey.exe to find out what the button that you want actually sends. You can report back with the result then will advice further, bearing in mind that I never used a harmony before... LoL

Cheers,
EG.

sorry for taking so long to get back.. but i tried this.. it still loads up the wmc guide when i press "guide"... when i try to use showkey... it doesnt show anything for guide like the other buttons.. and it just loads up wmc.. any idea?