Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - blingg - 2012-06-21

Please take a look at this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128298&pid=1131813#pid1131813
I have uploaded the relevant snippets of the debug log at: http://pastebin.ca/2163561

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - djdcm0722 - 2012-06-24

Having issues with the latest nightly build, well all of them to be honest. I have a HD audio capable video card and receiver. I have used DanielaE's version which has worked, some what, but I will get to that later. When having the audio set to WASPI I get no gui sound and with movies the video stutters and there is no audio. When using Direct Sound I get GUI sounds but HD audio streaming will not work at all, same as WASPI but the audio stutters. DanielaE version works great with streaming HD audio except for the fact that occasionally after pausing, the audio will stutter. At times it will make loud popping noises and I'm afraid it will damage my speakers which is why I tried this version. I have my audio set to HDMI and have all the options my receiver is capable to selected.

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - fat-tony - 2012-06-27

(2012-06-24, 08:38)djdcm0722 Wrote: Having issues with the latest nightly build, well all of them to be honest. I have a HD audio capable video card and receiver. I have used DanielaE's version which has worked, some what, but I will get to that later. When having the audio set to WASPI I get no gui sound and with movies the video stutters and there is no audio. When using Direct Sound I get GUI sounds but HD audio streaming will not work at all, same as WASPI but the audio stutters. DanielaE version works great with streaming HD audio except for the fact that occasionally after pausing, the audio will stutter. At times it will make loud popping noises and I'm afraid it will damage my speakers which is why I tried this version. I have my audio set to HDMI and have all the options my receiver is capable to selected.

I see that you have an ATI card, so you may be running Realtek HDMI device drivers for sound. AE doesn't seem to play nicely with the Realtek drivers. I too, had used DanielaE's version in the past which worked ok for me. When I downloaded the AE nigthly build, I had problems with video stutter and no sound. I had been using Realtek HDMI drivers which I uninstalled and deleted and replaced with the AMD/ATI drivers from the Catalyst folders.
Details are in the Windows support thread here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131237&page=11

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - djdcm0722 - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-27, 16:26)fat-tony Wrote: I see that you have an ATI card, so you may be running Realtek HDMI device drivers for sound. AE doesn't seem to play nicely with the Realtek drivers. I too, had used DanielaE's version in the past which worked ok for me. When I downloaded the AE nigthly build, I had problems with video stutter and no sound. I had been using Realtek HDMI drivers which I uninstalled and deleted and replaced with the AMD/ATI drivers from the Catalyst folders.
Details are in the Windows support thread here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131237&page=11

Awesome will try that. Thanks for the input.

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - robo989 - 2012-07-02

Posted this in XBMCfreak's Frodo release thread and was suggested I post it here...

I've found a bug with outputting 5.1 FLAC decoded to 5.1 PCM over HDMI...

Output is 2 channel stereo, unless "output stereo sources to all speakers" is selected in the audio section of system settings. With this selected, it plays perfectly and outputs a 5.1 FLAC soundtrack to all speakers as it should.

Surely this selection box should simply be for duplicating a stereo signal to all speakers as it says, and 5.1 FLAC should be output as 5.1 regardless of this option.

Is this "normal"?

(nvidia GT430)

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - djdcm0722 - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 16:23)robo989 Wrote: Posted this in XBMCfreak's Frodo release thread and was suggested I post it here...

Output is 2 channel stereo, unless "output stereo sources to all speakers" is selected in the audio section of system settings. With this selected, it plays perfectly and outputs a 5.1 FLAC soundtrack to all speakers as it should.

Surely this selection box should simply be for duplicating a stereo signal to all speakers as it says, and 5.1 FLAC should be output as 5.1 regardless of this option.

Is this "normal"?

(nvidia GT430)

Hopefully this helps. I was having similar problems with AAC and 5.1 flac when my speaker config in windows was set to 2 channel. The only way it would work if i set the speaker config to 5.1. Only problem with that is 2 channel sources wouldn't work with Pro Logic and would output as multi channel. Setting the output in XBMC to WASAPI seemed to help as it would see what source the audio was and set my speaker config automatically. I no longer had to switch audio depending on the source.

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - robo989 - 2012-07-03

(2012-07-02, 18:09)djdcm0722 Wrote:
(2012-07-02, 16:23)robo989 Wrote: Posted this in XBMCfreak's Frodo release thread and was suggested I post it here...

Is this "normal"?

(nvidia GT430)

Hopefully this helps. I was having similar problems with AAC and 5.1 flac when my speaker config in windows was set to 2 channel. The only way it would work if i set the speaker config to 5.1. Only problem with that is 2 channel sources wouldn't work with Pro Logic and would output as multi channel. Setting the output in XBMC to WASAPI seemed to help as it would see what source the audio was and set my speaker config automatically. I no longer had to switch audio depending on the source.

Thanks for the reply mate, but I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 install as per this distribution so no option to select speaker config in OS...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134252

That's the thread where I originally posted the "problem". I'm not sure if it is a genuine problem on the audioengine side of things or a problem with that distribution, but a person there with a good number of posts advised me to post here...so...

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - djdcm0722 - 2012-07-03

Ah sorry didnt realize you were usimg Ubuntu.

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - steefen.h - 2012-07-03

hi all...
i have an issue with just installed nightly and audioengine..
when enabling hdmi with 2.0 speakers and only AC3 enabled
audio out to directsound:hdmi
audio out passthrough to: directsound:SPDIF

I have only sound on my panasonic receiver (via SPDIF) but not on my panasonic TV

when disabling AC3 and keeping the other settings as is i have only sound on my TV but not on the receiver...

any thoughts?

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - robo989 - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-03, 18:47)djdcm0722 Wrote: Ah sorry didnt realize you were usimg Ubuntu.

No worries, thanks though for your time.

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - EKRBoi - 2012-10-20

Hope this is in the right place. my apologies if it is not. Went and installed Frodo Alpha 6 after reading about all the awesome new AudioEngine features. Maybe I interpreted wrong but isn't it suppose to be able to decode DTS-HD MA 7.1 to the 7.1 analog channels on my sound card which are hooked up to my receiver (not through HDMI or optical.. good ol' analog)? I have been recoding my MA tracks to FLAC 7.1 for the longest time.. while this works it takes extra time obviously. I tried it today and while xbmc shows TrueHD content as 7.1 and outputs as such, but it is reporting DTS-HD MA still as 5.1 when I KNOW the 7.1 track is there. Am I doing something wrong or am I still going to have to re encode my stuff to flac to play it this way?

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - krip - 2012-10-20

(2012-10-20, 17:58)EKRBoi Wrote: Hope this is in the right place. my apologies if it is not. Went and installed Frodo Alpha 6 after reading about all the awesome new AudioEngine features. Maybe I interpreted wrong but isn't it suppose to be able to decode DTS-HD MA 7.1 to the 7.1 analog channels on my sound card which are hooked up to my receiver (not through HDMI or optical.. good ol' analog)? I have been recoding my MA tracks to FLAC 7.1 for the longest time.. while this works it takes extra time obviously. I tried it today and while xbmc shows TrueHD content as 7.1 and outputs as such, but it is reporting DTS-HD MA still as 5.1 when I KNOW the 7.1 track is there. Am I doing something wrong or am I still going to have to re encode my stuff to flac to play it this way?

Hi EKRBoi,
Software decoding of DTS-HD is not possible, only passthrough via hdmi. Only DTS core track will be decoded.
TrueHD software decoding work, just like you mentioned.

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - sialivi - 2012-10-20

And the DTS core is 5.1, which is why you're only getting 5.1

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - barberio - 2012-10-24

Will this eventually be ported across all platforms that XBMC supports?

AudioEngine has some benefits over the pre-existing code, even on hardware that doesn't support 24bit multichannel bitstreams. For instance, transcoding surround sources to AC3/DTS, when output would otherwise be 2 channel PCM.

RE: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Anssi - 2012-10-24

(2012-10-24, 14:17)barberio Wrote: AudioEngine has some benefits over the pre-existing code, even on hardware that doesn't support 24bit multichannel bitstreams. For instance, transcoding surround sources to AC3/DTS, when output would otherwise be 2 channel PCM.

This was supported even before AudioEngine.