Kodi Community Forum
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop (/showthread.php?tid=78722)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- dbailey75 - 2010-08-26

jwoolen Wrote:I'm running 9.11 fine on my q150. It also runs on my jetway mini-top, but with no hdmi audio. Trying the alsa upgrade worked on the q150, but does not on the jetway.

Please don't confuse me.Shocked

- dbailey75 - 2010-08-26

Geeba Wrote:Hi dbailey75 and welcome to the forum!

I have a similar setup by the sound of it WHS stores all my media and I currently stream to Xboxes and my test bed ION2 system.

I only have a small collection of HD but what I do have plays flawlessly on the ION2 Jetway Nettop - these range from 1.5Gb MKV DVD rips, 4.5Gb 720p rips and 12Gb 1080p, all only just put the CPU into double figures with the latest windows builds and even non DXVA versions only push it to roughly 40%.

If you go back a few pages in this thread you will be able to see the pictures I uploaded with the windows performance figures on, to be honest I was expecting alot less from the ION/Atom setup.. mine absolutly flies... it does also load the drivers from the nVidia website which helped alot.

I'm going to try Live too.

I'll need to compress some of my mkv's, I just started using Makemkv, and my HD rips were the same size as the m2ts main movie file, 25GB's plus, which I think is part of the problem. Lots of work planned for the weekend on this little project.

- Geeba - 2010-08-26

mgrimace Wrote:Geeba, it looked like you were having some problems earlier in the forum getting the jetway setup and working well specifically with XBMC, did you end up using a live or are you still running win7x64... howd you get everything running smoothly??

Hi mgrimace - yep still currently on x64/7 - I'm hoping to try Live soon... but I dont seem to get much free time these days Sad

Video was never a problem (except the fact that my TV wont accept HDMI at a decent refresh rate and resolution.. using DVI)... 32bit or 64bit - the CPU barely breaks a sweat... my biggest problems are getting audio out (which I might of resolved Wink ) and the obligatory remote problems with the Harmony 650... which I think is going to prove more of a problem... especially with the Mrs approval.

- Geeba - 2010-08-26

dbailey75 Wrote:I'll need to compress some of my mkv's, I just started using Makemkv, and my HD rips were the same size as the m2ts main movie file, 25GB's plus, which I think is part of the problem. Lots of work planned for the weekend on this little project.

I was under the impression that compressed files were more CPU intensive than non compressed.. Huh... from my xbox setup, if you rip a full dvd to 4.5 or 9gb... purely ripped.. no compression the xbox will play it... compress it into an MKV container the xbox falls on its ass..... just for comparison. Nerd

- dopus - 2010-08-26

mabye youre problem is the same as on my ion 1 netbook. With audio out set to HDMI in audio setting all movies where stuttering....only managed around 4 frames pr second. if you set it to analog(or optical...dont have optical on my netbook) under system->audio out it worked flawless on mine...video worked flawless. must be a bug in xbmc software or the audio drivers. Try analog first and check if the video smooths out then try optical/coax.

still gets audio out throuht the HDMI but I think its two channel db pro logic.

Cant check it (goes through hdmi to my tv and from tv to amp through optical...and my tv will only send pro logic sound though the optical out)

...tried a couple of new settings..in system->audio out I can set it to HDMI and audio device (down at the bottom of the menu) to hdmi or primary audio device (HDMI)
I set it to 5.1 audio system and that my amp is capable of AC3 and DTS....when AC3 and DTS is set to active video stutter like crazy..4fps, if i remove the DTS and AC3 setting it works flawless!!!!! strange

System is point of view ion1 netbook with 2 gig ram. Win7 ultimate 32BIT (my atom cpu does not support 64bit) newest gpu driver(nvidia 259.31) newest hdmi audio driver newest realtek audio driver newest nforce driver and all windows updates along with xbmc DHARMA v33148.

Since my brand new tv will not send out multichannel sound throught its optical out....and my netbooks sound card onlys have digital sound throught hdmi, im gone get my self a usb soundcard with optical sound out so until i get an amp with hdmi switching i get at least dts and ac3 sound.

- mgrimace - 2010-08-27

Thanks Dopus & Geeba for the setup info, I finally got x64/7 windows installed (my crap 16gb USB from eBay Taiwan didn't work)... I'll be installing xbmc this eve and I'll also do a bootable usb xmbc-live just to compare.

I'm running HDMI out (aud/vid) but no fancy audio setup so 2-channel should be fine.

Thanks again!

- DrakenB - 2010-08-27

@dbailey75:

I'm having VERY similar excperiances with my ASUS AT5IONT board. And I'm running the files from a local sATA harddrive... Then again others don't have this problem so I'm thinking this is a setup problem. Maybe some sync problem or something. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79012&page=17&highlight=ion2

- dkxbmc - 2010-08-28

Hello, I am a complete n00b when it comes to xbmc and remote mapping. I just got the Jetway minitop, and I've been pretty happy with it so far. I do have a question, though.

Any of you guys have been able to map any keyboard or remote to a harmony remote where the built-in IR receiver will accept? So far, the only thing that works is to teach the harmony from the Jetway remote. I called Jetway's tech support, and they told me they are using a generic IR receiver, From what device manager shows in win7, it's from a company called irfmedia. The remote that came with it is pretty darn limited, I would love to be able to map the MCE keyboard commands to my remote and have the darn receiver accept them.

- dbailey75 - 2010-08-30

Geeba Wrote:I was under the impression that compressed files were more CPU intensive than non compressed.. Huh... from my xbox setup, if you rip a full dvd to 4.5 or 9gb... purely ripped.. no compression the xbox will play it... compress it into an MKV container the xbox falls on its ass..... just for comparison. Nerd

Maybe I should of said, trim the file down a bit, and put them in a lower bit rate, BD 50 to BD 25 for example, again this is just for testing.

Just a note, my main PC is slowwwwwwwwwwwww, I have a Q8200, and it took 6 hours to covert a 20GB MK file to a 10GB file, lol. CPU was at 100% the entire time, that can't be good.Shocked

- dbailey75 - 2010-08-30

poofyhairguy Wrote:USE A DARMA BUILD!!! NOT CAMELOT!!!

9.11 won't work on ION2.

Where do I get the Darama Build? Is this a nightly build? I did create a bootable USB flash drive for live verison 9.11, and was able to boot up XBMC live, but on my test file, I didn't have audio, maybe my fault, as I only had a 5.1 audio stream and was playing over HDMI to my TV, no AVR, and secondly I'm wireless at the moment, and I was not able to access my network shares, on XBMC live, do I need to be on a wired network?? ( I may need to post this in a different forum, but some one earlier mentioned that had success with the Q150)

- dbailey75 - 2010-08-30

jwoolen Wrote:I'm running 9.11 fine on my q150. It also runs on my jetway mini-top, but with no hdmi audio. Trying the alsa upgrade worked on the q150, but does not on the jetway.

Are you on a wired connection or a wireless? Using Live version 9.11, I was not able to access my shared files with the Q150.

- jwoolen - 2010-09-02

dbailey75 Wrote:Are you on a wired connection or a wireless? Using Live version 9.11, I was not able to access my shared files with the Q150.

I'm using a wired connection. I haven't even tried the wireless with the Q150.

- Riffmaker - 2010-09-02

Newegg is having a combo deal on this unit plus 60g ssd for 338.99(318.998 after rebate)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.493764&nm_mc=EMC-GD090110&cm_mmc=EMC-GD090110-_-EMC-090110-Index-_-combo-_-Combo493764-L0D

Edit: Seems to be one of their 24 hour deals.

- poofyhairguy - 2010-09-02

dbailey75 Wrote:Where do I get the Darama Build? Is this a nightly build?

This is the beta release:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/

- VCDmonger - 2010-09-03

Riffmaker Wrote:Newegg is having a combo deal on this unit plus 60g ssd for 338.99(318.998 after rebate)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.493764&nm_mc=EMC-GD090110&cm_mmc=EMC-GD090110-_-EMC-090110-Index-_-combo-_-Combo493764-L0D

Edit: Seems to be one of their 24 hour deals.

I had this combo deal in my cart, and it expired minutes before I tried to checkout! I was so psyched too...