Kodi Community Forum
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop (/showthread.php?tid=78722)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- josh4trunks - 2010-12-30

I got a wiimote working decent with this thin. Using xbmc-wiiremote on 64 bit doesn't work out of the box but theyre maybe a fix. I gonna put this thing in the speaker box thing under the TV to completely reduce noise. Instead I used WiiUSe and wrote my own layout that I have run on startup, that needed some coding to get working correcty too. Tell me if you guys are interested. For now, if your on linux I recommend 32 bit, with xbmc-wiiremote.

I picked up bluetooth usb for $12 on amazon, and wiiremote for $18 from ebay.

Probably gonna go a different route though cause I can't yet wake it up with wiimote. Gotta go 32 bit, or recompliexbmc-wiiremote with WiiCan. It doesn't matter to me cause I always just use my phone but out of 7 roomates only I have a smart phone, and two others have an ipod touch.

- moosenoz - 2011-01-01

can anyone please tell how to get hdmi audio working through windows 7 with this thing? been at it for two days and still no audio.

- davemex - 2011-01-03

Well I've taken the plunge and purchased this thing as well after eying all the different ion 2 boxes out there. The SSD and RAM are showing up today so wish me luck!

- tmills - 2011-01-03

If you have any problems installing XBMC, give openelec.tv a try. It's a cut down distro of Linux with xbmc as a part of it. Works like a charm for my jetway. Love it. http://openelec.tv

The community over there is fantastic and very helpful. Good luck!

- Math87 - 2011-01-04

Is it true that it is more difficult to install sabnzb, couchpotato & sickbeard with an openelec than with a xbmc.org or a xbmcfreak version?

- nmirza - 2011-01-05

I got my jetway htpc and installed a 320gb 5400 rpm drive into it, along with 1.5 gb ram. ive also installed windows 7 32 bit on it. i havent installed anything else, other than xbmc and chrome to start with. i also went to the jetway website at http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/download_show.asp
and selected the computer in barebones section and downloaded all the drivers for windows 7 32 bit and installed them (have not installed firmware update).

after installing xbmc, im trying to play some 8-9 gb mkv's (i know its not a size thing, but im saying its normal 1080p), which play fine on my mac mini htpc. ive gone into settings in xbmc and enabled hardware encoding in video player section. none of my files are playing fine though.

i used to try to play 1080p/720p files back in the day on a pentium M and i remember whole sections would dissapear, or the video would keep jumping forward, or jsut pausing. im not having the same issue, rather it seems that everything is playing but its a jerky kind of playback in very small increments. theres no big jumps, just the whole playback seems wierd.

anybody else having issues? or any ideas on what to do to try to figure out the problem?

- TypeEE - 2011-01-05

XBMC: 10.10
I am outputing video through HDMI and would like to output audio through the optical. I could not get it to work, can someone who get it to work tell me what their setup is

What device do you set it to?
I set my interface to optical
AC-3 capable receiver to true
DTS decoding to true

I couldn't get any sound from my receiver, can someone recommend a setting?

- davemex - 2011-01-05

Thanks to Speed3229 and Josh4trunks for the awesome step-by-steps! I just finished my install with a 30gb Corsair SSD and 4GB RAM (yea, way overkill for this little system but why not!). This box is running beautifully and now boots faster than the Xbox 360 I was using to watch media on.

I've got a couple questions though. First, any luck getting anything other than the mouse working with the jetway remote? I'd at least like to be able to use it until I can pick something else up. Second, you said you deleted out the instructions for setting up the WIFI. I'd still like to use it since it's got to be faster than the powerline networking it's currently running on. I've never done WIFI setup for command line linux so I'm a little lost on where to start.

Thanks again guys!

- speed32219 - 2011-01-06

davemex, I'm using a usb gyration rf remote currently. I have also used a usb mce ir remote with no probelm using lirc. (rosewell brand from Newegg)

I haven't had the time to look into or use the oem supplied remote, really do not like it, but I am going to look into getting the IR reciever to work with an RC6 MS remote once I have some time. I did a little testing and it does see the raw codes from the MCE remote.
sudo apt-get install wireless-tools # basic open or wep setup, do next step also for WPA
sudo apt-get install wpasupplicant ### for WPA/2 secruity, setup GW/router for WPA2, PSK and TKIP sample follows:

sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface for your first Ethernet
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

#Wireless secure WPA 2 wlan0
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-driver wext
wpa-ssid Yourgatewayessid
wpa-ap-scan 1
wpa-proto RSN
wpa-pairwise TKIP
wpa-group TKIP
wpa-key-mgmt WPA-PSK
wpa-psk "Your Privacy Key" #Use the parans

#use Ctrl o to wirte and Ctrl X to exit

###### NOTE: Once the system comes up run ifconfig to verify that wlan0 has an ip address. Then I would suggest that you shutdown eth0, some problems like flooding may occur on your GW. sudo ifdown eth0 or to shutdown wireless sudo ifdown wlan0. By the way the atheros wireless maxes out at 150Mbps not 270-300 Mbps. Plus it just sux's, I thought of replacing the atheros with an intel pro mini-pcie for a 100% improvement.

4 GB!!!!!! Heck, I only use 1GB and never go over 400MB in use even with BluRay. Smile

nmirza, I do not use MS, but you need to make sure that you have DXVA installed and configured and enabled within xbmc setup. Check your CPU useage using system info within XBMC. If it is running greater than 20% than you are not using the GPU acceleration. Also, if you can use hyper threading technology (I know XP does but not sure about Win7), make sure you have that turned on in the bios.

TypEE, it works fine using Linux. It should work for you also, but my options on the Audio setup within XBMC may be different than yours. You might need to setup your .asoundrc file like mine posted ealier also.

- TypeEE - 2011-01-06

TypeEE Wrote:OS: win7/64-bit
XBMC: 10.10
I am outputing video through HDMI and would like to output audio through the optical. I could not get it to work, can someone who get it to work tell me what their setup is

What device do you set it to?
I set my interface to optical
AC-3 capable receiver to true
DTS decoding to true

I couldn't get any sound from my receiver, can someone recommend a setting?

I was stuipd, I installed windows 7 and didn't install Jetway's sound driver. As soon as I install it, a new sound device shows up in XBMC called "Digital output" and I pointed to it and enabled AC-3 and DTS and it worked right away, my receiver light up with DTS, awesome.

So far, I don't see the need of going linux, thanks for that advice.

- davemex - 2011-01-06

speed32219 Wrote:davemex, I'm using a usb gyration rf remote currently. I have also used a usb mce ir remote with no probelm using lirc. (rosewell brand from Newegg)

I haven't had the time to look into or use the oem supplied remote, really do not like it, but I am going to look into getting the IR reciever to work with an RC6 MS remote once I have some time. I did a little testing and it does see the raw codes from the MCE remote.
sudo apt-get install wireless-tools # basic open or wep setup, do next step also for WPA
sudo apt-get install wpasupplicant ### for WPA/2 secruity, setup GW/router for WPA2, PSK and TKIP sample follows:

sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface for your first Ethernet
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

#Wireless secure WPA 2 wlan0
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-driver wext
wpa-ssid Yourgatewayessid
wpa-ap-scan 1
wpa-proto RSN
wpa-pairwise TKIP
wpa-group TKIP
wpa-key-mgmt WPA-PSK
wpa-psk "Your Privacy Key" #Use the parans

#use Ctrl o to wirte and Ctrl X to exit

###### NOTE: Once the system comes up run ifconfig to verify that wlan0 has an ip address. Then I would suggest that you shutdown eth0, some problems like flooding may occur on your GW. sudo ifdown eth0 or to shutdown wireless sudo ifdown wlan0. By the way the atheros wireless maxes out at 150Mbps not 270-300 Mbps. Plus it just sux's, I thought of replacing the atheros with an intel pro mini-pcie for a 100% improvement.

4 GB!!!!!! Heck, I only use 1GB and never go over 400MB in use even with BluRay. Smile

Awesome! That's got it up and running. Where my TV is I really only have two options: Powerline networking or wifi. Although powerline claims to run at "200 Mbs" all of the tests show it running closer to 6 (per reviews on places like Tom's Hardware). I've got a Netgear WNDR3700 wireless router that NASA probably leaches off of in space so even at 150 megs, it's *got* to be better than the powerline. At least so far streaming blu-ray quality files has been seamless.

As for the remote, I think you're right about the included one being absolutely worthless. After playing around with it more I realize that even if all the buttons actually worked, it still doesn't have what I need. I just ordered the Rosewill one. The remote's for the wife anyways, personally I prefer the XBMC remote on my smartphone Big Grin

As for the 4 gigs of RAM I can't really explain why I did it, future-proofing maybe? You can never be too prepared for 4K 3D media!

Thanks again for your help with all this. This box really is a perfect little XBMC device (with room to grow).

- davemex - 2011-01-07

Hey Guys,

For those of you interested in using the Jetway for your XBMC build, I documented my build on my blog here . It includes pics as well!

As for the software installation instructions, I couldn't do any better than the guys above so this is more of an "implementation" post and the blog just links back to them for that part. Smile

- TypeEE - 2011-01-09

Does anyone know how to hack windows 7 so that when I press the mediaCenter button, it'll launch xbmc instead of the default media center?

- Flowah - 2011-01-09

davemex Wrote:Hey Guys,

For those of you interested in using the Jetway for your XBMC build, I documented my build on my blog here . It includes pics as well!

As for the software installation instructions, I couldn't do any better than the guys above so this is more of an "implementation" post and the blog just links back to them for that part. Smile

How does the thing handle flash? Like youtube and hulu? I assume it should do okay, with a dual core, and isn't hardware acceleration for flash doable on the ION?

- fnc1 - 2011-01-09

Greetings all,

I have one of these boxes in route, along with 4gb ram and 32gb SSD...

I have a couple questions (the last time i installed xbmc was on the original XBOX) so yeah its been a while, I have a pretty large media library. which i server up over nfs from my 10tb raid...

My questions are probably for speed and josh.. or anyone running ubuntu 10.10 with an SSD..

1) Does setting up the minimal install iso (from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD) partition the SSD optimally?
Could someone paste the following:
cat /etc/fstab (im specifically wondering 1) if it sets noatime. and 2) if it automatically sets up tempfs (/tmp) )

2) Also wondering about if it properly aligns the erase block size?
could you paste the output of fdisk -lu (i believe)

3) Basically I'm wondering if i should partition the drive first then run through the install

4) Also im wondering with these ubuntu minimal installs are you able to run firefox?

5) does anyone happen to run mythfrontend with XBMC on one of these? if so what OS are you using.

6) My last question would be about blu-ray i started ripping those to ISO but have yet to play back one over the network.. (i can stream them if i just copy the disk so i can see the menu structure, but my goal is to have everything play from ISO like my DVDs) I am currently using a popcorn hour a110 so this box is replacing that - the sigma stuff looks really interesting. (if anyone happens to have one, there is a guy on networkedmedatank that has one running xbmc, but he hasnt released any real useful info to the public yet)