Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - dkplayaclub - 2012-07-30

Have been using this plugin for a little while with no problems until the other day when search was working very slowly or not at all. I mainly used the "explore youtube" option though so it wasn't too big of a deal. When I open XBMC today it tells me YouTube plugin has been updated (I now have 3.1.0) so I went to check it out and was thrilled to find that search now works great and I'm able to watch all videos through search, but not I can no longer watch ANY of the movies in "explore youtube".

Is this related to the log in issues? How can I post a log here?
Please help me out....

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - PatK - 2012-07-31

I note Google is plunging in another 200 MILLION into YouTube. The company says it will put in another $200 million to market channels as it attempts to upgrade its content from simple user-generated videos and to lure more viewers and advertising. YouTube on XBMC is going to be essential, we should be leaning towards a very tight and well handled add-on if not integrated into the main.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444840104577549632241258356.html?mod=rss_Europe_Technology

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Tomasu - 2012-08-01

Awesome. 3.1.0 fixed my long time login issues as well. I'm very happy.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - dkplayaclub - 2012-08-01

I'm dying here. It seems to work for other users. I don't know how to post a log here but if anyone could help me I would be grateful. This is a very cool add on and makes for very intuitive media browsing.

In the mean time I guess I will just rely on Navi-X. It has a YouTube feature built in.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - catmantx - 2012-08-01

(2012-08-01, 06:09)dkplayaclub Wrote: I'm dying here. It seems to work for other users. I don't know how to post a log here but if anyone could help me I would be grateful. This is a very cool add on and makes for very intuitive media browsing.

In the mean time I guess I will just rely on Navi-X. It has a YouTube feature built in.

Roolback to 3.0.0

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - TobiasTheCommie - 2012-08-01

(2012-07-28, 01:19)Guyver111 Wrote: hi,

i have two problems with the youtube plugin, when i try to download a clip with special characters in the name like "à" for example i get the following error:
Code:
01:05:13 T:139652874893056  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:05:13 T:139652874893056  NOTICE: YouTube-3.0.0
01:05:13 T:139652874893056  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-1.0.0
01:05:15 T:139652874893056   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
01:05:15 T:139652874893056   ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe0' in position 11: ordinal not in range(128)
01:05:15 T:139652874893056   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 106, in <module>
                                                navigation.executeAction(params)
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeNavigation.py", line 146, in executeAction
                                                self.downloadVideo(params)
                                              File "/var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeNavigation.py", line 247, in downloadVideo
                                                filename = "%s-[%s].mp4" % (''.join(c for c in video['Title'].decode("utf-8") if c not in self.utils.INVALID_CHARS), video["videoid"])
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                                return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe0' in position 11: ordinal not in range(128)

When i try to download a clip without special characters it works, but then i hit the next problem.
The downloaded file doesn't appear in the set folder.
When i do a locate i get the following:
Code:
root@xbmc:~# locate Pitbull
/var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simple.downloader/MEN IN BLACK 3 Pitbull Music Video Trailer 2012 Movie - Official [HD]-[guAAwPlI8OQ].mp4

A tail on the xbmc log gives the following:
Code:
01:17:55 T:139652841322240  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:17:55 T:139652841322240  NOTICE: YouTube-3.0.0
01:17:55 T:139652841322240  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-1.0.0
01:17:58 T:139654481700736   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simple.downloader

The set download folder is set to 777.

Anyone can tell me how to get rid of those two problems?
I believe the only issue is the first one. the crash. Please give me a full debug log OR the videoid of the video that failed

(2012-07-30, 20:49)dkplayaclub Wrote: Have been using this plugin for a little while with no problems until the other day when search was working very slowly or not at all. I mainly used the "explore youtube" option though so it wasn't too big of a deal. When I open XBMC today it tells me YouTube plugin has been updated (I now have 3.1.0) so I went to check it out and was thrilled to find that search now works great and I'm able to watch all videos through search, but not I can no longer watch ANY of the movies in "explore youtube".

Is this related to the log in issues? How can I post a log here?
Please help me out....
I can't confirm.

I DID have an issue when i tried on a clean install. But after restarting xbmc once, it worked. (A dependency wasn't started directly after install.)

If you have issues after a restart then follow this guide:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:YouTube#Reporting_a_bug

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - watanave - 2012-08-01

Thanks Tobias and Henrik.

Now is solved the subtitles issue. Everything is working as expected.

Adiós.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - dkplayaclub - 2012-08-01

OK. I tried a rollback and strangely enough I was still having the same issues with "Explore YouTube", so I updated back to the newest version.

Thank you for the response Tobias. I seem to be getting a different error now. When I search for movies in "Explore YouTube" it just freezes uo and never actually gets to the results. Anyways, here is the debug log, based on those directions :

http://pastebin.com/PvDzR6Yg

Hope I did that right and that it helps.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - tinfox - 2012-08-01

For a couple of days, when I right click on "New Subscription Videos" and then "Play All" it says script failed.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - tinybutstrong - 2012-08-01

@HenrikDK, can you add more languages to subtitle support in next update?

Thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - TobiasTheCommie - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-01, 21:23)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. I tried a rollback and strangely enough I was still having the same issues with "Explore YouTube", so I updated back to the newest version.

Thank you for the response Tobias. I seem to be getting a different error now. When I search for movies in "Explore YouTube" it just freezes uo and never actually gets to the results. Anyways, here is the debug log, based on those directions :

Huh, that makes no sense. I literally went the same path you did (to movies, and played one).

As far as i can see from the log you aren't getting any data from youtube on links like these: http://www.youtube.com/movies/comedy?feature=mv_c&p=2&hl=en

Which you should! :/
(2012-08-01, 21:37)tinfox Wrote: For a couple of days, when I right click on "New Subscription Videos" and then "Play All" it says script failed.

Confirmed

(2012-08-01, 23:47)tinybutstrong Wrote: @HenrikDK, can you add more languages to subtitle support in next update?

Thank you!
There is a never ending list of language codes. Please tell us which one's specifically you are missing.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - HenrikDK - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-01, 21:23)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. I tried a rollback and strangely enough I was still having the same issues with "Explore YouTube", so I updated back to the newest version.

Hi

Apparently when the plugin tries to scrape the movies page, its empty.. since we expect the page to contain some movies, this causes an infinite loop (opps Smile)

does this link : http://www.youtube.com/movies/comedy?feature=mv_c
provide a proper looking movie listing?

Alternativly you could find the plugins folder and set the dbglevel to 7 in the default.py file.

This would make the plugin significantly slower, but would produce a much more detailed log, that would allow us to see the HTML youtube returns, from your connection.

Regards Henrik

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - tinybutstrong - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-02, 11:02)TobiasTheCommie Wrote: There is a never ending list of language codes. Please tell us which one's specifically you are missing.

Just pt-br (Brazilian Portuguese). If it is a problem to add many languages, let me know how I can add manually in addon code.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - tinfox - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-02, 11:02)TobiasTheCommie Wrote:
(2012-08-01, 21:37)tinfox Wrote: For a couple of days, when I right click on "New Subscription Videos" and then "Play All" it says script failed.

Confirmed

Thanks. Good to know it's not my system(s).

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - dkplayaclub - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-02, 12:31)HenrikDK Wrote: Apparently when the plugin tries to scrape the movies page, its empty.. since we expect the page to contain some movies, this causes an infinite loop (opps Smile)

does this link : http://www.youtube.com/movies/comedy?feature=mv_c
provide a proper looking movie listing?

Yes, when I follow that link in my web browser I do see a list of movies properly. After setting my debug level to 7 as you suggested this is what I got when I tried to bring up a movie list through Explore YouTube. Gave it a few minutes while loading the list and, as usual, had to give up. Sad

I had to split the log up to fit under the limit (I can't afford to pay for a service I don't use that much)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I hope that is enough info to figure out what I have going on. Thanks again for your continued support.

EDIT - I just noticed that if I follow that link I do see a list of movies, but clicking most of the links (besides the movies themselves) comes up with a missing page error. Not sure if that's important.