Kodi Community Forum
24p and audio sync issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: 24p and audio sync issues (/showthread.php?tid=80247)

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - robl45 - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 23:35)Stefanhvt Wrote: And why is that so ? The clocks should be perfect ..

they just aren't, thats a known issue with PC's.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Stefanhvt - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-12, 20:25)witalik Wrote: I see the poster above me Stefanhvt that solved the problem with buying a Samsung Led TV ? Hope i will never encounter the problem then because i am planning to buy such an tv also (later version though) Big Grin

I solved the problem because I now can use the internal media player on the tv. I'm no longer hooked to xbmc or other software related players. But i would still like to see xbmc becoming perfect in the future at all aspects. It's still a great peace of software.

In your case, if your planning to wait, buy a Samsung OLED tv Wink
(2012-08-13, 23:39)robl45 Wrote:
(2012-08-13, 23:35)Stefanhvt Wrote: And why is that so ? The clocks should be perfect ..

they just aren't, thats a known issue with PC's.

Is this truly the main issue witch PC's? Or is the the problem solvable by perfect-ionizing the core aspects of it, like the video card and chipset?

I can not imagine that it will stay at this level.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - torcar - 2012-08-14

Just curious... Why would buying a Samsung LED solve the 24p audio sync problems?

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Stefanhvt - 2012-08-14

Because it has it's own media player Blush

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - torcar - 2012-08-14

Haha, ok... I rest my case ;p

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - kizersosay28 - 2012-08-18

OK well, after a lot of tinkering, I think I finally got mine set up perfectly.

Here are my specs and settings. Maybe this will help someone.

CPU: AMD Athlon Dual core 4200
GPU: ATI 5450 (HDMI out)
TV: Vizio E3d42VX- refresh rate set at 50hz* (Edited)

In the ATI graphics settings under video quality I checked "Enforce smooth video playback".

In XBMC I enabled "Fullscreen window.." "virtcal blank sync" is enabled during video playback.

Render Method = Auto detect (This setting was the difference maker for me. I just assumed you would use DXVA but, nope)
Allow Hardware acceleration (DXVA2) = yes
Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video = yes
Sync Playback to Display = no

Now all my file types (.AVI, DVD ISOs, .mkv 720p and 1080p/24) are in sync and there is no stutter in the video either.

Hope this help someone.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Stefanhvt - 2012-08-18

Is this a windows or linux setup ?

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - kizersosay28 - 2012-08-18

Sorry bout that. It's win 7x64

Also, one other correction. The the refresh rate on the tv should be 50hz not 60hz.

I noticed last night ( shortly after typing the above..lol))when I went to watch a movie the stutters were back.

All settings were as described above so I couldn't figure out what it could be.
I remembered having set the tv to 50hz the day before, so I tried that and bingo!
Whats happening is that every time I cut of XBMC, the monitor is syncing back to 60hz. I have know idea why it would do that. Maybe now that I know that, I could just check every time I turn on XBMC

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - torcar - 2012-08-26

I've been running Frodo Alpha 3 since it came out with good sync... so I installed Alpha 4 today and BOOM! Back to 200-250ms audio delay:/

The sad thing is that even with a complete uninstall/reinstall of Alpha3, the delay is still present. Could it be DirectX related or is there any other config that gets updated when installing XBMC?

Note to self... If it's not broken, DONT fix it!

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Stefanhvt - 2012-08-26

I would recommend a complete re-install of the OS your running right now.

I live in Holland and I'm using this build: http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/xbmcbuntu-12-04-with-pre-frodo-mid-august-release/

With this you have a combi of xbmc and ubuntu, which makes it possible to update all drivers to the newest.

The newest nvidia drivers are functioning very well and can auto detect the proper edid modes.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - robl45 - 2012-09-03

I was playing with jriver media center, it uses madvr and a reclock like interface to ensure stuff stays in sync while keeping perfect video. Basically the same setup I'm using now except instead of xbmc and mpc-hc, its one program. What I can't understand for the life of me is how reclock can get it right, jriver can get it right with video clock and xbmc can't manage to get it right for the single most watched refresh rate? XBMC interface blows away jriver. I've been playing with jriver for like 2 hours and XBMC took me 30 minutes or less to be all setup.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - steelman1991 - 2012-09-03

But no bitstream with either option (reclock or JRiver videoclock).

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - robl45 - 2012-09-03

So what, if you want bitstreaming and likely crappy video, you can turn the option off. People have blown bitstreaming way out of proportion

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - steelman1991 - 2012-09-03

(2012-09-03, 19:44)robl45 Wrote: So what, if you want bitstreaming and likely crappy video, you can turn the option off. People have blown bitstreaming way out of proportion

Touchy! Touchy! Who or what rattled your cage?

and what does bitstreaming have to do with 'crappy video'?

All I was pointing out was that this was not a solution for those who want to bitstream.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - torcar - 2012-09-04

The core issue here is unfortunately that XBMC never seems to get a good hang of 24p audio sync.
I'm no expert just to state that first of all, but it also seem strange to me that almost any other videoplayer I try plays back 24p material with excellent sync.

The upside here is that it seems that the devs are working on the problem, so we'll just have to cross fingers and hope that this will be a forgotten chapter some time in the close futureWink