Kodi Community Forum
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard (/showthread.php?tid=80968)

- SkItZo - 2011-08-12

amet Wrote:yeah, its nice... and small Big Grin

Thats what she said!!! Big Grin

- oneadvent - 2011-08-13

I'm number 629, do I have an eta?

- Malard - 2011-08-13

oneadvent Wrote:I'm number 629, do I have an eta?

same as (almost) everyone else. see above.

- zydeco - 2011-08-17

dan991199 Wrote:so what is the time frame on you getting them, then filling the orders? (very much on the fence whether to cancel and just pickup another dinovo mini)

I was at the point of frustration with my Dinovo Mini this morning that I just ordered the Pulse Eight remote. Can't wait to try it.

- Malard - 2011-08-18

zydeco Wrote:I was at the point of frustration with my Dinovo Mini this morning that I just ordered the Pulse Eight remote. Can't wait to try it.

Thanks for the order, we hope to get it out to you soon. A few remotes arrived today which are from a revised pre production run, some of these have gone out to early pre-orders today (more will go out tomorrow, we ran out of time before the courier arrived)

- japius - 2011-08-20

For those that don't also check the pulse eight site:

---------------

Just to keep everyone updated as it has been a while, yesterday we got revised dates from Motorola (not the way I wanted) we have been told that these are only going to improve and not get worse.

A direct quote from Motorola:

Here is the delivery schedule for 3k units

1. 2nd week of September 500 pcs
2. 3rd week of September 1000 pcs
3. 4th week of September 1500 pcs
Once we get closer to the week factory will advise on exact dates.*
P.S For those who are wondering the Google purchase of Motorola is not expected to have any direct impact on our remote control.

This is all we know, I’ve held off releasing this because it’s not ideal, we got a few remotes on Thursday which we have dispatched to a few more customers. So expect those early next week but that’s the last of them we are expecting before the next 500 units.

Also, we are at IBC this year if you are exhibiting or visiting, send us an email and we would be happy to meet up, we will have a remote with us to show you and also our CEC module.

Thanks

Pulse-Eight
---------------------

- outleradam - 2011-08-21

Dag-nabbit, does that mean no android on our remotes?

Thanks for the update.

- josh4trunks - 2011-08-29

Sorry if this get's asked too often but I'm in the market for a better remote... If I were to order today would I be within the first 1500 order and have my remote before September ended?

Also I read here that google aquiring motorola mobile doesn't affect the production of this remote, but what about the production of a version 2 (with possible backlighting =] )
Thanks

- rflores2323 - 2011-08-29

Any videos yet. Also is engadget or lifehacker going to get one for an official review

- Malard - 2011-08-30

josh4trunks Wrote:Sorry if this get's asked too often but I'm in the market for a better remote... If I were to order today would I be within the first 1500 order and have my remote before September ended?

Also I read here that google aquiring motorola mobile doesn't affect the production of this remote, but what about the production of a version 2 (with possible backlighting =] )
Thanks

Yes, we still have spare stock from this delivery, so you will

- wolfbiker - 2011-08-30

so does this week qualify as the first week of september? meaning are you expecting your first 500 remotes next week?

- josh4trunks - 2011-08-31

Malard Wrote:Yes, we still have spare stock from this delivery, so you will

Cool, I'm ordering one then. Hoping I get it by end of September =]

- Malosar - 2011-09-01

Hi folks, new here as I'm building my first HTPC. I think I've done more research on remote/qwerty etc. than anything else in my setup and still having trouble deciding what to go when I stumbled upon this beauty.

I will be running a Ceton InfitiTV to replace my Comcast DVR however I must use WMC for that. I'll be using XBMC for everything else. I've tried a lot of searching but I can't seem to find any feedback on how this remote is in WMC? I know the site says it will be compatible with anything else but I'd like some details on that first before I decide to order.

Anyone use this remote in WMC as well? Will all the standard remote functions for navigation work out of the box with WMC?

Edit: oops, WMC not MCE.

- Malard - 2011-09-04

Malosar Wrote:Hi folks, new here as I'm building my first HTPC. I think I've done more research on remote/qwerty etc. than anything else in my setup and still having trouble deciding what to go when I stumbled upon this beauty.

I will be running a Ceton InfitiTV to replace my Comcast DVR however I must use WMC for that. I'll be using XBMC for everything else. I've tried a lot of searching but I can't seem to find any feedback on how this remote is in WMC? I know the site says it will be compatible with anything else but I'd like some details on that first before I decide to order.

Anyone use this remote in WMC as well? Will all the standard remote functions for navigation work out of the box with WMC?

Edit: oops, WMC not MCE.

Yes almost all the keys will work in WMC (the RGYB function keys will need remapping)

- japius - 2011-09-05

we're pretty close to week 2...any advice from the factory yet?