Kodi Community Forum
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard (/showthread.php?tid=80968)

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - rbrohman - 2012-03-26

I received my replacement remote last week. After using it for the weekend I have to say I REALLY like it. Range is fantastic (even works to control main floor xbmc from the basement), all the buttons are working and the sensor for determining the "flip" has just the right sensitivity. All of the problems I had with the first batch are now resolved.

The only thing I'm now noticing is that I can't hold down the volume up/down buttons. I've got to press and release, which is a slight annoyance. This is the case for both xbmc and tv control. Anyone have an idea on whether this behavior can be modified?

XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Thizizmyname - 2012-03-26

It should be a problem with xbmc, not the remote.
I also got the new remote and I can press and hold the volume keys. In fact, my xbmc don't show the volume display but if I press and hold the sound gets lowered. I just figured the display is a RC2/skin error.

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Malard - 2012-03-26

this volume issue is to do with the operating system, if you try in windows you don't get this issue, only ubuntu

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - rbrohman - 2012-03-27

I think you're right. I was able to resolve the issue on the TV control side of things by re-programming the volume key. I noticed that if I held down the vol up/down (and channel up/down) buttons on my original remote for an additional second or so, the Nyxboard was then able to be pressed and held to quickly raise/lower volume/channel.

I can certainly live with the single key presses for volume in XBMC. The more I use this remote the more I'm happy with it. Kudos to Pulse Eight for all the work they did to ensure that users ended up with a fantastic product.

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - ShannonMS81 - 2012-03-27

I use my main PC as a media PC. Meaning I have it connected to a regular monitor for internet browsing, doing work. And my HDTV for watching movies and TV.

Now, does this remote require focus to work? Or can I be typing in MS Office and still pause XBMC without having to scroll my mouse over to regain focus?

This doesn't seem like a big deal, to get focus back. But sometimes I have guests over, and I would love for them to just be able to use the remote and not need to touch a keyboard/mouse at all.

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Bram77 - 2012-03-28

I guess someone did not like my short review about the improved version of the remote since it has been removed? Undecided

Re: RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - frieten - 2012-03-28

(2012-03-28, 08:35)Bram77 Wrote: I guess someone did not like my short review about the improved version of the remote since it has been removed? Undecided

I hope thats not the case, if they are filtering reviews it would be very biased. Im sure it was just an error

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - rbrohman - 2012-03-28

(2012-03-26, 20:14)Malard Wrote: this volume issue is to do with the operating system, if you try in windows you don't get this issue, only ubuntu

What command do the volume buttons send in Ubuntu? I noticed that if I use the keyboard side of the remote and press and hold the + / - symbols, the volume will raise/lower as normal. I'd like to try to remap the volume buttons on the remote side through the keyboard.xml file like I have with many of the other buttons, but I'm not sure what the button ids are for the volume keys. Thanks.

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - toerne - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-28, 23:37)rbrohman Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 20:14)Malard Wrote: this volume issue is to do with the operating system, if you try in windows you don't get this issue, only ubuntu

What command do the volume buttons send in Ubuntu? I noticed that if I use the keyboard side of the remote and press and hold the + / - symbols, the volume will raise/lower as normal. I'd like to try to remap the volume buttons on the remote side through the keyboard.xml file like I have with many of the other buttons, but I'm not sure what the button ids are for the volume keys. Thanks.

Maybe you can try to map any other button with "VolumeUp"/"VolumeDown" to see if it's a hardware limitation. What I'm thinking is that holding the volume up/down button will only registrer as one short press, not a continueously press. Problably won't make a difference with Malards reply in mind.

Anyway, here's a list of most of the button-ID's (volume up/down included): http://forums.pulse-eight.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=146

(Long time lurker, I finally jumped on the wagon to at least try to contribute)

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Malard - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-28, 08:35)Bram77 Wrote: I guess someone did not like my short review about the improved version of the remote since it has been removed? Undecided

I haven't changed any reviews, if it's missing then I will find out why, which review was it?

RE: - outleradam - 2012-03-31

Hey! I got my new remote! This thing is awesome! My old one had problems with pressing buttons from a few feet. The new one can penetrate 2 walls and 20 feet! Fuck Yeah!

Time will tell if the left-button-press issue comes back. What did they do to fix that problem?

Thank you! This is what I've always wanted in an XBMC remote. This thing is great. I'm extremely happy.

Although.... I didn't get my mars bar Sad
(2012-02-28, 16:17)outleradam Wrote:
Malard Wrote:Sorry for the lack of gift, the plan was to send out some branded sweets, but due to all the issues this got sidelined. We can send you a mars bar if you like?
I would like that! Nothing better than a candy bar while watching live TV on XBMC.

RE: - Malard - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 00:42)outleradam Wrote: Hey! I got my new remote! This thing is awesome! My old one had problems with pressing buttons from a few feet. The new one can penetrate 2 walls and 20 feet! Fuck Yeah!

Time will tell if the left-button-press issue comes back. What did they do to fix that problem?

Thank you! This is what I've always wanted in an XBMC remote. This thing is great. I'm extremely happy.

Although.... I didn't get my mars bar Sad
(2012-02-28, 16:17)outleradam Wrote:
Malard Wrote:Sorry for the lack of gift, the plan was to send out some branded sweets, but due to all the issues this got sidelined. We can send you a mars bar if you like?
I would like that! Nothing better than a candy bar while watching live TV on XBMC.

here you go: http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01415/mars_1415709c.jpg Wink

You should'nt have any of the issues coming back, the issues were all due to the type of PCB used in the construction, this was replaced and the issues all went away

Re: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - rflores2323 - 2012-04-01

Any plans on getting glow keys? Also will this work to control xbmc on atv2

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Malard - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-01, 06:25)rflores2323 Wrote: Any plans on getting glow keys? Also will this work to control xbmc on atv2

No plans for backlight or glow keys and it won't work on an ATV2

RE: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Bram77 - 2012-04-03

(2012-03-30, 15:56)Malard Wrote:

I haven't changed any reviews, if it's missing then I will find out why, which review was it?

I can't really show you since it's gone, can I Wink. I checked if the post was posted correctly afterwards so I'm 100% sure it was posted and I'm 100% sure it's gone now.