Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - fatal. - 2012-06-07

@grywnn,

In the latest version the the 2 finger pull down to show the play controls doesn't work.

Take Care

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Acrobat76 - 2012-06-07

Cant figure out why my hostname isnt working. I have xbmc on ATV2 and if i setup with the IP address all is fine. But if I inset the hostname, i.e. what`s written as hostname on my router i get a connection refused popup box on the app. Because of DHCP i`d prefer using a hostname rather than an IP address. Is my only option reserving the IP for my ATV on the router? Or am I missing something silly?

Thanks

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - smilerz - 2012-06-09

(2012-06-06, 15:38)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: the idea is great, but the loading times of covers, information are very long..
this refers to all solutions...
so, if you would start the homecinema evening with your Ipad in order
to select a movie you have to calculate at minimum 10-20 minutes...until
all thumbs information are loaded...

XBMC Commander doesn't seem to have this problem for me. It doesn't stream movies, but it has all of the fanart and thumbnails.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - xbmc17 - 2012-06-13

(2012-06-06, 15:38)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: problem with all the XBMC Ipad/Iphone solutions (I have all in order to find my
best solution)...the concept,
the idea is great, but the loading times of covers, information are very long..
this refers to all solutions...
so, if you would start the homecinema evening with your Ipad in order
to select a movie you have to calculate at minimum 10-20 minutes...until
all thumbs information are loaded...even all the solution have a
cache management...each time I start one of the solution...same
as described about

I have around 700-800 movies...perhaps the solutions áre running
perfect with only e.g. 100 movies

do you have other experiences?

I have 500+ movies and upwards of 30,000 albums and there is no delay loading covers or information at all, instantaneous after I've browsed through my collection once. Even the very first time while it's caching it displays and caches the items very fast. Sounds like a problem with your network?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Bladerunner1962 - 2012-06-13

no network problem, cause I stream, exchange files from pc to pc, printer and so on a working ok....

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - bakito - 2012-06-16

hello everyone !
I buy this wonderful app for my ipad and no complain about it for weeks...but now I can't connect my ipad to xbmc anymore...
it seemes I have a problem with connection in general since a windows update ( I'm on windows 7 32 bit)
xbmc commander, airplay and airvideo don't work anymore....
I think it may come from "bonjour service" but I'm not sure....
I try without firewall at all and still no result....do you have any ideas?
cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Bladerunner1962 - 2012-06-16

sometimes I have the same: no connection...

however...I tried the last days a lot of network changes, also I tried some port changes...
A load of the movies into the cache cause at least 2-3 hours for 900 movies...
Then the cache is done and I reopen the Commander...I wait at least 2-3 minutes until
the movie thumbnails are shown....
in addition: if I change the view for e.g. specific genres or change the sort from
year to rating...it tooks a long time

some of you said here, it needs only few seconds...how could that be?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-06-16

Hi there

Any new updates ? Just wanted to kow if the sort order has been fixed and if there was going to be an option to use the keyboard to quick jump to movies or shows using the letter

Cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - thaxphenomx - 2012-06-19

Has anyone been able to send a generic http command to their AVR to change the volume from XBMC Commander? What does it look like?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - mukati - 2012-06-20

Hi grywnn,

just another feature suggestion that I (well actually my wife!) came up with. Not sure if its possible or someone recommended earlier. More often than not, while watching a tv show episode, after it gets over, you want to watch the next one. In the controls tab where we have all the media controls, can we have a button 'next episode' so that when the episode is getting over, the user has choice to just press the button and next one plays.. rather than going to the tv shows section and then trying to find the next one!

what do you think.. possible?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - thaxphenomx - 2012-06-20

(2012-06-20, 06:32)mukati Wrote: Hi grywnn,

just another feature suggestion that I (well actually my wife!) came up with. Not sure if its possible or someone recommended earlier. More often than not, while watching a tv show episode, after it gets over, you want to watch the next one. In the controls tab where we have all the media controls, can we have a button 'next episode' so that when the episode is getting over, the user has choice to just press the button and next one plays.. rather than going to the tv shows section and then trying to find the next one!

Use the playlist queue to get the next episode ready. There is also a play all button at the root of the season

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - mukati - 2012-06-20

(2012-06-20, 07:34)thaxphenomx Wrote:
(2012-06-20, 06:32)mukati Wrote: Hi grywnn,

Use the playlist queue to get the next episode ready. There is also a play all button at the root of the season

True.. but sometimes you just watch an episode and then due to something exciting you want to follow it up with another. Its sort off for unplanned watching..

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-06-20

Hi folks,

please excuse my relative silence atm, i'm terribly busy at my "day" job, fighting two deadlines at once.
Just to throw in a few lines:

bakito: I'm a Mac / Linux guy, sorry Sad

bladerunner: One more guess - is your iPad full?

meridius: I'll have another look at the sorttitle issue soon. As for jumping: I still don't understand why XBMC won't accept lowercase letters for menu navigation. Unfortunately i can't simply switch to translating everything to uppercase, since that would screw up all the other cases where you need keyboard input.

mukati: Nice idea actually. But when i try to think of a way to do this i start getting headaches Smile Theoretically posible, but far from easy...
For example i can't tell which episode played last once playback stops. So this button would only work reliably while the episode is still playing.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-06-20

Cheers for getting back about the keyboard jump and sort order.

Could u not add an option where u can add new command keys on the left hand side of the touchpad ? So that u can add every letter if u wanted to but these would be using the shift key this wouldeanmu would not have to change the keyboard that u have already done.

Cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-07-01

No updates for this app in awhile any news

Thanks