Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- zepfan - 2010-11-17

Allons-y!

- Ilia - 2010-11-17

Hi,

First off, been following this thread closly and grabbed the app (gladdly would pay), this is the best and most functional (and bug free) app for ipad!

Not sure if these were mentioned:

- Can we have a setting to remove the watched overlay?
- Maybe make the remote as the last option in the tab list and make the movie view first?
- Is anyone getting a headache from scrolling movies (ie. if u have 100+), reason i am mentioning this is, i have started a while back bulding a web app for xbmc (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83069) for the ipad and do a page per page scrolling (up for discussion)
- Also maybe have some quick option button on the side (per screenshots in my post)

Just my 2 cents.
Big Grin

- Bkam - 2010-11-17

Ilia Wrote:Hi,

First off, been following this thread closly and grabbed the app (gladdly would pay), this is the best and most functional (and bug free) app for ipad!

Not sure if these were mentioned:

- Can we have a setting to remove the watched overlay?
- Maybe make the remote as the last option in the tab list and make the movie view first?
- Is anyone getting a headache from scrolling movies (ie. if u have 100+), reason i am mentioning this is, i have started a while back bulding a web app for xbmc (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83069) for the ipad and do a page per page scrolling (up for discussion)
- Also maybe have some quick option button on the side (per screenshots in my post)

Just my 2 cents.
Big Grin

The overlay was a big suprise that i really like. About scrolling , i have about 350+ movies and i think scrolling like it is now is works really good (one thing i miss there is letters on the side soo i can jump faster to a movie) . if we have like on your screen with an arrow to the next page i would have to spam that alot to go through all my moves .

- Ilia - 2010-11-17

Wouldn't one swipe action to change 16 movies on the screen be better that swiping with fingers all the time?

- grywnn - 2010-11-17

OK so lets dig through the last page of replies *rolls up his sleeves*

morrosov Wrote:A few days ago I asked about Web radio... Its possible to put Radio channels to the favourites in xbmc. So if I "just" could call a favourite with your App. - that would Be perfect
I've never used favorites myself. I'm gonna have a look at it.

Bkam Wrote:Is it possibly to get the playlist in the app soo i can change track without turning on my tv
Will be added soon.

morrosov Wrote:How do a do a rescan of movies or tv if it get fubar with the covers , i had poster on my tv serie view when i tried the app and it scanned a few tv series that way , soo i change all to banners in xbmc but the app dint rescan the serie that had been scanned soo now half is poster and rest is banner.
Clean your cache.
See post #187.

undeclinable22 Wrote:somethings not completely right when clearing the cache. It looks like the plot of a movie doesn't get cleared.
Damn yeah.
I've split the cache in an image and text part, and guess what i forgot... Wink
Will be fixed in the next release.
Clumsy workaround for now: Delete the app from your ipad and reinstall it on the next sync. This will also clear your server setting though.

zepfan Wrote:YouIf we buy it are we removed from being able to test the next version for you?
Highly appreciated Cool
As GinSoakedBoy said, this shouldn't a problem. Might happen that you end up with two distinct versions of the app, one test release and one store release, but i'd assume it's rather like GinSoakedBoy suggests: You'll simply get more updates.

danceresort Wrote:Could I ask for one thing please? In the tv part have a setting to turn off watched please?
Sure, makes sense, will be done.

Ilia Wrote:- Can we have a setting to remove the watched overlay?
Should be possible, i'll put that into the ipads system setting so that the server setup stays clean.
(just like a "jump to remote on pressing play" option btw)

Ilia Wrote:- Maybe make the remote as the last option in the tab list and make the movie view first?
Main reason i've put the remote on the first tab is that i'm able to conveniently display messages (connecting...) on the chalkboard.
Since this is highly dependent on personal taste i might add the option to customize the tabbar. Apple has some framework for this.
I've put this on my "think about" list Wink

Ilia Wrote:- Also maybe have some quick option button on the side (per screenshots in my post)
I like that one, will give it some thought.

Bkam Wrote:TAbout scrolling , i have about 350+ movies and i think scrolling like it is now is works really good (one thing i miss there is letters on the side soo i can jump faster to a movie) . if we have like on your screen with an arrow to the next page i would have to spam that alot to go through all my moves .
My opinion too: It's a lot faster to scroll through a ton of movies with a few quick accelerated swipes then pushing a button all the time.
Anyway, since i'm using UITableViews to display the lists, it's simply not possible to change this without rewriting the complete app.
Btw i'm currently trying to get the scrolling smoother.

As to the jump indicators: I've experimented with that, but ran into more trouble than i thought it was worth (doesn't fit in the layout at all; looks especially ugly when displaying years / ratings), so i dropped it.

- Bkam - 2010-11-17

grywnn Thx for the input Smile

One thing i thougt about, if you can call for addons , it would be sweet if the start page in
the app showed recently added movies/tv/musik Smile

- grywnn - 2010-11-17

Bkam Wrote:One thing i thougt about, if you can call for addons , it would be sweet if the start page in
the app showed recently added movies/tv/musik Smile

Yup. Last time i thought about this i didn't have the chalkboard style remote. Doing this with the bookshelf style i had a design problem: I've had no way to represent tv show episodes, only seasons.
But thinking about it again i could make a chalkboard style list of recently added items.
It's on my "think about" list Wink

- GinSoakedBoy - 2010-11-17

You Germans and your efficiency :p Looks like there's some cool stuff in the pipeline, can't wait.

- mastermischke - 2010-11-17

grywnn Wrote:Yup. Last time i thought about this i didn't have the chalkboard style remote. Doing this with the bookshelf style i had a design problem: I've had no way to represent tv show episodes, only seasons.
But thinking about it again i could make a chalkboard style list of recently added items.
It's on my "think about" list Wink

ich habe mir die app gestern mal gekauft ;-)

werde es am wochenende mal auf herz und nieren testen!

wehe es funktioniert nicht! :-)

Wenn du noch deutschsprachige tester benötigst, lass es mich wissen Wink

- grywnn - 2010-11-17

mastermischke Wrote:ich habe mir die app gestern mal gekauft ;-)
werde es am wochenende mal auf herz und nieren testen!
wehe es funktioniert nicht! :-)
Jetz hab ich aber Bammel Laugh
But please lets keep this thread in english. (all non-german-speaking folks: Just smalltalk anyway)

- Mar16 - 2010-11-17

Thanks for the great app.

I have a couple of request

1. Is it possible to order the movies by the sort title?
2. Is it possible to ignore "The" when sorting Movies or TV shows?
3. Also, when you bring up the movie info, are you able to play a trailer on your tv from there?

Thank you very much.

- grywnn - 2010-11-17

Mar16 Wrote:1. Is it possible to order the movies by the sort title?
2. Is it possible to ignore "The" when sorting Movies or TV shows?
Whew sort title... i've been trying to do this before, but you just gave me the crucial hint on how this can be achieved: Let XBMC do the work.
Background: I'm doing all sorting within the app. It's simply faster that way.
Idea: I'll let XBMC pre-sort the initial movie list i get, and remember this sort order for later use within the app.
Easy to do, i'll add this in the next release.
Ignoring "the" will be a setting in the apps preferences though, and not selectable on the fly.

Quote:3. Also, when you bring up the movie info, are you able to play a trailer on your tv from there?
Again, great idea, and the solution to a problem we discussed here before.
I've tried adding support to play trailers on the ipad, but this failed due to the ipad lacking support for decent video formats ("flash" is all i say...)
Playing it on the tv shouldn't be that hard to do, i've added this to my "think about" list (quite to the top of it Big Grin)

Now that the iPad has multi-tasking with iOS 4.2 is there a way to get XBMC to launch YouTube and do a search for '*film title* trailer'?

Also, is it currently possible to play trailers that are already downloaded to XBMC on your TV/PC? Or did you remove that in beta, I forget.

- grywnn - 2010-11-17

GinSoakedBoy Wrote:Now that the iPad has multi-tasking with iOS 4.2 is there a way to get XBMC to launch YouTube and do a search for '*film title* trailer'?

Also, is it currently possible to play trailers that are already downloaded to XBMC on your TV/PC? Or did you remove that in beta, I forget.

I've removed all trailer support that had been in the latest beta. Most local trailers (at least for me) are .flv files, which the ipad won't play.
4.2 isn't officially out yet btw.
I'll do it differently in the next release, see my last post.

Well, the GM is out and anyone who has an ounce of Google-Fu can get it and install it. It amazes me how many people are moaning about the delayed release of 4.2 with the GM so readily accessible. But that's Apple fanboys for you.