Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- Mini32 - 2010-11-18

Just bought this app from the store. Danke for making it! Works great for movies. But unable to see Any tv series and only one album. THE libraries are setup correctly in xbmc beta 4. Any thoughts what could be wrong?

(edit) now it crashes when i select the music tab. Can i reset the cache/db somehow? What does 'scan audio library' suppose to do?

- Bkam - 2010-11-18

What does 'scan audio library' suppose to do? it does what it says, update all your music

where you select server to connect you have a clear cache button.

- grywnn - 2010-11-18

Quote:But unable to see Any tv series and only one album. THE libraries are setup correctly in xbmc beta 4. Any thoughts what could be wrong?
Hard to tell from a distance... Huh
Theres a limitation concerning the music library: Since it's album based, only songs that are part of an album will be shown. How does your music library look like (roughly: size, n. of artists, n. of albums)

As for tv shows:
I'd suspect that your tv shows aren't set up correctly in XBMC.
Please make sure that the content of your tv show media source is set to "tv shows" and then tell XBMC to scan this source and add it's content to the library (that's what the buttons on the remote are for btw).

Clearing the cache is currently buggy:
you need to press the options button on the remote screen twice, then you can edit your xbmc servers and there's the "clear cache" button. This only clears thumbs at the moment though. Both will be fixed asap.

- waltermalter - 2010-11-18

First of all: THX for this APP! Big Grin

At the moment it's truly the best XBMC app available for the iPad and it's worth every cent. Creating play lists (music) has never been that easy to me and XBMC now makes even more fun then before. So again thank you for that!

The following is all about the music section of the app: You already mentioned, that a "Show Playlist" will be added with the next update. How about a "Now playing" view/list?

Also, I'd like to have the option to play an album, starting from the song that I've clicked on (the same behavior, that you have with XBMC Remote on the iPhone).

My suggestion would be to give three options instead of two if one clicks on a song from an album. Right now the app offers "Play this song" and "Add to playlist", the third one could be "Play album from here...".

A button "Now playing" should display either, the actual album or the actual playlist, regarding what ever is the case ...

Cheers,
Walter

- coppermine - 2010-11-18

Bought it, will test it out tonight. Looking mighty good, hope you actively keep developing this tough...

- grywnn - 2010-11-18

waltermalter Wrote:The following is all about the music section of the app: You already mentioned, that a "Show Playlist" will be added with the next update. How about a "Now playing" view/list?
This should already be visible on the remote screen.
But you just gave me the idea of adding a small "now playing" item on top of the bookshelves. Gonna play a little with Photoshop, don't know if this will fit in the layout though.

Quote:Also, I'd like to have the option to play an album, starting from the song that I've clicked on (the same behavior, that you have with XBMC Remote on the iPhone).

My suggestion would be to give three options instead of two if one clicks on a song from an album. Right now the app offers "Play this song" and "Add to playlist", the third one could be "Play album from here...".
This was the default behavior i first coded, but for reasons unknown i dropped it. Adding a button for this isn't a problem, will be done.

coppermine Wrote:Bought it, will test it out tonight. Looking mighty good, hope you actively keep developing this tough...
I'm using the app myself, so: Yes i'll continue to improve it and keep up with future XBMC versions. Just depends a little on available time.

- d3ll - 2010-11-18

Hi all,

Ive recently started using XBMC and just bought this app, thought it would be a good time to register & say thanks, its working really well Smile

Great job!

- waltermalter - 2010-11-18

grywnn Wrote:This should already be visible on the remote screen.
But you just gave me the idea of adding a small "now playing" item on top of the bookshelves. Gonna play a little with Photoshop, don't know if this will fit in the layout though.

Thanks for the Quick Response. The Remote screen Shows only the actual song and right from that the Song that is going to Be Played Next. What i am thinking of is a Complete List of all Songs in the Queue. This Way i could for e.g. Go to Song Number Five in the List, Even if the acual Song is Number One or two. Please let me know if you want Some asistance with Photoshop. I am happy to help.

Cheers,
Walter

Did i mention, that i sometimes hate the Auto correction of the iPad? Look at all the Capital letters in the Text above

- thomash72 - 2010-11-18

I am currently using the iPAD application Squeezepad for my music, and XBMC for all other media. The reason for this is that there has been no XBMC ipad application with decent support for music. The main feature of Squeezepad for music I need before switching to an XBMC app is:
1. Universal music search with drilldown on Artists, Album, Song
2. Squeezepad has a unique feature where you hold down a selection for a couple of seconds and you can then select play now, add next, add to bottom etc....
3. Ability to easily move songs in the playlist up/down with drag/drop
4. fullscreen visialization

Is there any chance for this application to support these basic music needs? I really want to go "full XBMC" and from the comments this looks like a promising app :-)

- grywnn - 2010-11-18

waltermalter Wrote:Thanks for the Quick Response. The Remote screen Shows only the actual song and right from that the Song that is going to Be Played Next. What i am thinking of is a Complete List of all Songs in the Queue. This Way i could for e.g. Go to Song Number Five in the List, Even if the acual Song is Number One or two.
Now thats exactly what i mean when i'm talking about "playlist support" Wink

Quote:1. Universal music search with drilldown on Artists, Album, Song
2. Squeezepad has a unique feature where you hold down a selection for a couple of seconds and you can then select play now, add next, add to bottom etc....
3. Ability to easily move songs in the playlist up/down with drag/drop
4. fullscreen visialization
1. Not possible right now, since i maintain no local database. I query songlists per album on demand for speed. I'll file a feature request to add search capability to XBMCs json api, this might make it possible in the future.
2. nice. I might have to take a look at squeezepad. Right now you can choose between play and enqueue in my app, but i'm thinking about improving this.
3. playlist support is very high on my todo list
4. fullscreen visualization an the screen connected to xbmc: That's built into XBMC Big Grin fullscreen visualization on the ipad: No way, sorry.

- zepfan - 2010-11-19

I do have a small request, is there any way we can add Wake on Lan to the program? It'd be really useful to me. Not a big deal I can open up another app and do it, but it'd be nice if we could just do it form this app. Thanks again for all your hard work Heiner!

- grywnn - 2010-11-19

WOL is a little bit more complex than one might think, but i've already bookmarked an open source WOL library for this.

Just added another feature to the top my todo list:
Sanity checking.
After receiving my first 1-star rating on the canadian market from someone who almost certainly
- used 9.11
- didn't set up his data source correctly in XBMC
- didn't read the setup instructions on the webpage
I'll add something that checks for the first two point and redirects to the third.

- d3ll - 2010-11-19

Looks like your to-do list must be getting pretty big lol!

I may as well through one in too Wink I do like the clear cases the movies are currently in, but would it be possible to optionally have conditional cases..for example HD movies showing in a blue case?

- Bkam - 2010-11-19

then i can add a request to your todo list Smile , have an option to use no covers on them at all

- grywnn - 2010-11-19

Quote:Looks like your to-do list must be getting pretty big lol!
No comment Rofl

Quote:I may as well through one in too I do like the clear cases the movies are currently in, but would it be possible to optionally have conditional cases..for example HD movies showing in a blue case?
This has been discussed before, and i've experimented wit this already Big Grin
Right now i'm not able to get quality information at the same time i get the big movie list. I'll have to do an extra query per movie for this.
While this is perfectly possible to do in the background after loading the list, the impacts on performance and stability where just too big.
This might change though when the json api evolves.