Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- acbeef - 2010-11-30

I didnt see this posted .... But just curious if it would be possible to link the library to the air video app. I have no idea if the air video app supports command line parameters, or the iOS equivalent, but it would be really slick to be able to have a menu option to play on iPad or play on tv
I recently installed the air video app and was pleasantly surprised that my win machine could do real time transcoding of 1080p content without a hitch... It just needs a nicer GUI ...insert your app here

- grywnn - 2010-11-30

acbeef Wrote:I didnt see this posted .... But just curious if it would be possible to link the library to the air video app. I have no idea if the air video app supports command line parameters, or the iOS equivalent, but it would be really slick to be able to have a menu option to play on iPad or play on tv
I recently installed the air video app and was pleasantly surprised that my win machine could do real time transcoding of 1080p content without a hitch... It just needs a nicer GUI ...insert your app here

I can throw URLs at the os, and if some app is registered for the URL scheme it will open.
I've just had a look at airvideos forum (love the app, been using it quite a while myself), but couldn't find a hint that they've registered a URL scheme. I'll post a feature request on their forum, since this would truly be awesome.

By the way while researching this i found that the IMDB app supports being called by imdb://... links, so get ready for a imdb link on movie details that opens the imdb-app Smile

- Bkam - 2010-11-30

grywnn Wrote:I can throw URLs at the os, and if some app is registered for the URL scheme it will open.
I've just had a look at airvideos forum (love the app, been using it quite a while myself), but couldn't find a hint that they've registered a URL scheme. I'll post a feature request on their forum, since this would truly be awesome.

By the way while researching this i found that the IMDB app supports being called by imdb://... links, so get ready for a imdb link on movie details that opens the imdb-app Smile

Oo nice then we will get trailers from IMDB , soo when can i get this version Big Grin
Any news on when we will get playlists ?

- grywnn - 2010-11-30

Bkam Wrote:Oo nice then we will get trailers from IMDB , soo when can i get this version Big Grin
This should be easy, i'll do it next.
v1.4 i currently in waiting for revision by apple (since 3 days now)
But since i've added WOL over the weekend i'm very seriously considering to drop 1.4 from the appstore queue and insert 1.6 instead...
This would then feature imdb links as well as all the other new fun stuff Smile
Quote:Any news on when we will get playlists ?
Bad news:
JSON API requests seem to be quite buggy for this one. For example: There's a AudioPlaylist.Remove(item) function in the source code, but it currently does nothing. I've posted on the JSON development thread about this, but no answer yet (hell those guys aren't supermen either Smile)
I could fallback to the old http api to implement playlist manipulation, but i'd rather wait a little and see if the new api is functional in Dharma final.

- Bkam - 2010-11-30

grywnn Wrote:This should be easy, i'll do it next.
v1.4 i currently in waiting for revision by apple (since 3 days now)
But since i've added WOL over the weekend i'm very seriously considering to drop 1.4 from the appstore queue and insert 1.6 instead...
This would then feature imdb links as well as all the other new fun stuff Smile

Pls do , it would be so nice to have trailers function Smile

grywnn Wrote:Bad news for this one:
JSON API requests seem to be quite buggy for this one. For example: There's a AudioPlaylist.Remove(item) function in the source code, but it currently does nothing. I've posted on the JSON development thread about this, but no answer yet (hell those guys aren't supermen either Smile)
I could fallback to the old http api to implement playlist manipulation, but i'd rather wait a little and see if the new api is functional in Dharma final.

That sucks it would be soo nice to be able to change track without turning the tv on , but agree better do it right from the start , i dont rember now but if there isnt any button on your app to open playlist perhaps you can add one ? Smile ,

poster / banner loading on fast scrolls - voyman - 2010-11-30

I'm still playing around with this wonderful app but so far everything works like a charm! Congrats on the first esthetically pleasing XBMC remote app.

While I'm compiling my list of feedback / suggestions / requests, I thought I'd mention one thing upfront, namely the only thing that repeatedly ticked me off during my experiments:
Why is it that the (movie) poster and TV banners are not preloaded for 1 or 2 rows in the bookcase? this creates an annoying flickering between image and text (the title) when scrolling - also, on fast scrolls the images only actually appear when I stop scrolling. I would have thought that due to the excellent local caching, one wouldn't notice the loading of the images, i.e. never any blank cases with the title once a poster or banner has been cached.
(source (on screen + scroll-margin) items so that a portion of the off-screen content in the scrollview has a rendered image when it rolls into view? pretty sure this won't impact performance and give a much smoother scrolling experience)

And before I forget: I'm happy to give a hand (beta) testing or translating (English / German / French at 100%, Italian / Spanish / Russian at 80% and Japanese at 50%) or even coding should you need or want help.

Off to play some more and looking forward to the next release!

Wonderfull Little app - Gozar - 2010-11-30

First of all: thank you very much for the First Real useable xbmc Remote.
I have a Feature Request: i'm using the PVR enabled xbmc Beta with a Linux vdr Server
is there a chance to implement a Tab for this too?
I can give you As much Information that i have, Even a Remote Session to Test if it is usefull.

Thanks,

Gozar

- grywnn - 2010-11-30

Hi Gozar,

i'm using pvr-testing2 myself.
Live tv support is something i'll add as soon as this gets more mature.
Right now there's no reliable way to query pvr info remotely. This is a feature that's listed on the roadmap for 11.0 (aka eden), so yeah, this will be added. But it will take some time.

- grywnn - 2010-11-30

voyman Wrote:I'm still playing around with this wonderful app but so far everything works like a charm! Congrats on the first esthetically pleasing XBMC remote app.

While I'm compiling my list of feedback / suggestions / requests, I thought I'd mention one thing upfront, namely the only thing that repeatedly ticked me off during my experiments:
Why is it that the (movie) poster and TV banners are not preloaded for 1 or 2 rows in the bookcase? this creates an annoying flickering between image and text (the title) when scrolling - also, on fast scrolls the images only actually appear when I stop scrolling. I would have thought that due to the excellent local caching, one wouldn't notice the loading of the images, i.e. never any blank cases with the title once a poster or banner has been cached.
(source (on screen + scroll-margin) items so that a portion of the off-screen content in the scrollview has a rendered image when it rolls into view? pretty sure this won't impact performance and give a much smoother scrolling experience)

And before I forget: I'm happy to give a hand (beta) testing or translating (English / German / French at 100%, Italian / Spanish / Russian at 80% and Japanese at 50%) or even coding should you need or want help.

Off to play some more and looking forward to the next release!

Concerning Scrolling performance:
Bugging me too. Preloading might help, but only a little: Seems that the file io required to load the cached image is interrupting the graphic engine a little (tried backgrounding and so on, doesn't help). So no matter what i do, since i can't hold all thumbnails at once in memory, there'll always be some stuttering.

Translation:
I'll get back to this as soon as i stop changing things continuously, right now it would be too much fiddling around Wink

- Ant1973 - 2010-11-30

Just wanted to say that I love this app - makes using xbmc via the iPad a delight! One comment which I don't think has been covered... It'd be great if I could have an option to update an items metadata via the library view. So, I'm scrolling through the music library and I see an item without cover thumbnail - I press a button (or hold one the icon?) and then the option to scrape from all music appears. Currently I have to do this via the tv interface which while not too bad does tie it up. This way I could sit and update my library thumbs on the iPad while my wife watches something on the tv.

Hope that made sense!

- grywnn - 2010-12-01

Ant1973 Wrote:Just wanted to say that I love this app - makes using xbmc via the iPad a delight! One comment which I don't think has been covered... It'd be great if I could have an option to update an items metadata via the library view. So, I'm scrolling through the music library and I see an item without cover thumbnail - I press a button (or hold one the icon?) and then the option to scrape from all music appears. Currently I have to do this via the tv interface which while not too bad does tie it up. This way I could sit and update my library thumbs on the iPad while my wife watches something on the tv.

Hope that made sense!

Made sense Wink
I like the idea, but don't know if this is easy to achieve / possible at all.
I've added it to my "think about" list.

- fantoma - 2010-12-01

Will you have the button to switch the audio track right on the controller? Can you enqueue short music video, and drop them off after it was played? Thanks.

- GinSoakedBoy - 2010-12-01

Hey grywnn, I'm very much liking the new look in the last RC, excellent work!

- WannaTheater - 2010-12-02

Hi all - Just purchased an iPad with the use of this in mind. I am having the following issues:

1) Movie coverart/TV series banners is not showing up - Blank CD icon.
I am using XBMC Dharma RC1. Everyting works fine on desktop version of XBMC (all movie covers, as well as TV series banners, etc) show up fine. Am I missing some kind of setting? Basically the app appears to work fine, but no images of any sort.

2) I do not have my music in Library, it is in file mode.
Any way to get Audio to work in "File Mode" for music?

3) The biggest problem is that traversing to the "REMOTE" tab causes the XBMC Controller app to crash (disappears), but it only does so when media is playing. If XBMC is not playing anything, all is OK on the remote tab.

I am running iPad 4.2, Windows Professional SP3, XBMC Dharma RC1

Any help would be appreciated, as #3 is pretty much is a deal killer.

Thanks!

- grywnn - 2010-12-02

WannaTheater Wrote:Hi all - Just purchased an iPad with the use of this in mind. I am having the following issues:

1) Movie coverart/TV series banners is not showing up - Blank CD icon.
I am using XBMC Dharma RC1. Everyting works fine on desktop version of XBMC (all movie covers, as well as TV series banners, etc) show up fine. Am I missing some kind of setting? Basically the app appears to work fine, but no images of any sort.

2) I do not have my music in Library, it is in file mode.
Any way to get Audio to work in "File Mode" for music?

Also, the biggest problem is that traversing to the "REMOTE" tab causes the app to crash, but it only does so when media is playing.

Thanks!

Hi,

1) You're the 2nd user reporting this issue.
After doing some more research i hope very much that this is related to this bug in XBMC, and will be fixed with the next XBMC update (that's dharma rc2 or final).

2) Sorry, no file browsing mode right now. But it's on my todo list for a future release.

3) Crash on the remote screen: This is related to the missing thumbnails.
An app update is currently in review with apple (this takes ~7 days), this crash will be fixed then.