Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- zepfan - 2010-12-19

I've got the latest beta and it's not remembering to sort the movies like the past versions have. Anyone else have this issue?

- SirBC - 2010-12-19

Yes, it defaults to Year after every start.

- sho - 2010-12-19

Same with the released app (1.6)
Even changes I make to the menu items on the remote screen are not saved.

- alphonse55 - 2010-12-20

I bought this yesterday... Great app. I am having the same problem with the sorting options not saving. Also, random cover art and posters that exist in xbmc are not showing up.

- zepfan - 2010-12-20

alphonse55 Wrote:I bought this yesterday... Great app. I am having the same problem with the sorting options not saving. Also, random cover art and posters that exist in xbmc are not showing up.

Try deleting the cache and scanning again.

- grywnn - 2010-12-20

Hohoho,

i've been extremely busy the last week (this is "just" a spare time project; in real live i'm a system administrator).
And i'll be on vacation for the next two weeks.
I'm keeping track of everything that's mentioned here, i'll look into it when i'm back.

Happy holidays to you all!

- DazFC - 2010-12-20

Thanks for keeping us updated grywnn. Hope you enjoy the break from IT madness

Having also just purchased this app I'm also having the same issue of not saving sort selections or menu changes.

Otherwise I'm very much enjoying being able to cue my music without the need to fire up my projector.

Once the save is restored I'll also be able to set up menu items for my fave listed shout cast stations which I'm very much looking forward to.

Which brings me to a request of sorts. It'd be great to have user defined sub menu selections off of a main menu selection. I could group a selection of shout cast stations off of a radio sub menu called via user defined keyboard shortcuts. Even if there is only support for one or two main menu links to sub menus I'd be overjoyed but I do understand if that's not on the agenda. It'd certainly keep the initial menu more streamlined and may present a way to have the menu available with the iPad upright.

I've not looked too deep into the xbmc web interface but I wonder if there's any way to show the current play que. All this flexibility is driving me to distraction

Once again many thanks. Having at one point been involved in commercial software development I'm very much aware of the time involved in apps such as this.

- Bkam - 2010-12-20

DazFC Wrote:I've not looked too deep into the xbmc web interface but I wonder if there's any way to show the current play que. .

This is an function i really missing, to be albe to change track without have to
turn on the tv

Grywnn thx for a really good app, and have a nice holiday

Do any one now if its possibly to make a key to open the download subtitles app when you play a movie, soo i can make my own shortcut for it Smile?

- zepfan - 2010-12-20

grywnn Wrote:Hohoho,

i've been extremely busy the last week (this is "just" a spare time project; in real live i'm a system administrator).
And i'll be on vacation for the next two weeks.
I'm keeping track of everything that's mentioned here, i'll look into it when i'm back.

Happy holidays to you all!

Enjoy your Holiday!

- Slipx - 2010-12-22

Just updated to the latest version 1.6.3 and the app keeps crashing when selecting movies, tvshows or music. I've even tried to clear the cache. Pretty useless now

<edit> Complete reinstall does not solve this problem either. Could this have something to do with the final Dharma version? /<edit>

- batfink007 - 2010-12-22

Slipx Wrote:Just updated to the latest version 1.6.3 and the app keeps crashing when selecting movies, tvshows or music. I've even tried to clear the cache. Pretty useless now

<edit> Complete reinstall does not solve this problem either. Could this have something to do with the final Dharma version? /<edit>

Same here Sad

- zepfan - 2010-12-22

batfink007 Wrote:Same here Sad

Beta or iTunes Store?

- Slipx - 2010-12-22

zepfan Wrote:Beta or iTunes Store?

itunes store

- grywnn - 2010-12-22

Damn.
I've submitted this small update to apple last week, seems it got released today.
Only things i changed are
- the look of the remote control page in non-bookshelf mode
- removed the 2s connection timeout
- changed the encoding handling for http requests
those were all pretty trivial changes which passed all my testing on various xbmc installations (10.0 included)

Only thing that could cause problems: The changes to the encoding handling.
What OS is your XBMC running on?
Anyone else experiencing problems with the update?

Although i'm at my parents in law atm and can't do much on behalf of bugfixing, a can at least take a look at crash logs. Please send those to info(at)xbmc-commander.com, and i'll see if i can find something.

- Slipx - 2010-12-22

grywnn Wrote:Damn.
I've submitted this small update to apple last week, seems it got released today.
Only things i changed are
- the look of the remote control page in non-bookshelf mode
- removed the 2s connection timeout
- changed the encoding handling for http requests
those were all pretty trivial changes which passed all my testing on various xbmc installations (10.0 included)

Only thing that could cause problems: The changes to the encoding handling.
What OS is your XBMC running on?
Anyone else experiencing problems with the update?

Although i'm at my parents in law atm and can't do much on behalf of bugfixing, a can at least take a look at crash logs. Please send those to info(at)xbmc-commander.com, and i'll see if i can find something.

I'll try get the crash logs through to you. running windows 7 64bit