Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- grywnn - 2011-01-07

steve1977 Wrote:I somehow remember that XBMC Commander doesn't work with the centralized mysql database. Is my memory correct and/or is there a solution for this yet?
No experiences so far, but i see no reason why it shouldn't.
There's this small thread about android issues though:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88013

- OcnewB - 2011-01-09

Hiya Heiner,

Still many thanks for the beta update. It fixed the crashing issue..
Is it possible to do a ctrl alt f2, and work on a terminal screen on the ipad?

It'd be nice to see :-)

Thanks!
Hugo

- grywnn - 2011-01-09

OcnewB Wrote:Is it possible to do a ctrl alt f2, and work on a terminal screen on the ipad?
Sorry. I'd love that too, but no way.
I can only send keystrokes to XBMC, not to the underlying OS.

You'll need a vnc capable app like eg. HippoRemote to do this.

- thomash72 - 2011-01-10

I am glad to hear that you are working on music playlist. Some really nice playlist features from the squeezepad you may consider for your implementation:
1. click on a playlist entry and drag up/down in order to move a song up/down
2. right swipe on a song displays a delete button (similar to deleting an e-mail in ipad)
3. when you are browsing your collection you may at any point click on an item. If you click and hold on an album or a song, you get a pop-up menu with options to i) play now,ii) queue next, iii) queue last.

I also really hope you will consider enabling searches for individual songs in some future version. Also remember that singles are defined as songs in xbmc where the album tag is empty.

Thanks for creating the best ipad xbmc app so far, and good look with implementing new features! Wink

- grywnn - 2011-01-11

Playlists are nearly done, beta should be out within the next few days, official a week later or so.
thomash72 Wrote:1. click on a playlist entry and drag up/down in order to move a song up/down
I've tried very hard to implement this, but i'm afraid it is simply not possible atm.
Right now the api only allows to
- add an item to the end of the playlist
- remove an item from the music playlist (removing from video playlist is buggy)
Thats it.
No reordering.
There's a command for this in the docu of the old http api, but that doesn't seem to be implemented.
Believe me, i'd really love this feature myself.
Been trying different approaches for almost a week now.
I even considered dumping and rebuilding the whole playlist upon reordering, but that's not practicable at all.

I hope very much that playlist reordering via api will be added in Eden. I'll add this feature to commander as soon as it is available.

Quote:2. right swipe on a song displays a delete button (similar to deleting an e-mail in ipad)
Consider it done Smile

Quote:3. when you are browsing your collection you may at any point click on an item. If you click and hold on an album or a song, you get a pop-up menu with options to i) play now,ii) queue next, iii) queue last.
i) and iii) are already available on the album detail view, and will also be available in filesystem mode (recursive per directory; almost finished too)
ii) isn't possible atm (see above)

Quote:I also really hope you will consider enabling searches for individual songs in some future version. Also remember that singles are defined as songs in xbmc where the album tag is empty.
Yeah that's both somewhere on my todo list.
Still trying to figure out a way to represent individual songs in the library.

- opeters - 2011-01-11

While you're at it can you add the "Play with" function ?

- grywnn - 2011-01-11

opeters Wrote:While you're at it can you add the "Play with" function ?
Öhm, i must admit i don't know what you're talking about... Huh

- stoli - 2011-01-11

grywnn Wrote:Öhm, i must admit i don't know what you're talking about... Huh

Possibly the option to select an external player - which I'm pretty sure isn't remotely an option through json.

Huh

- grywnn - 2011-01-11

I wasn't aware this was possible Rolleyes
You think you know it all and XBMC amazes you again...

I'm afraid stoli is right though, there's no way to start external players through the json api.
I've had a quick look at the old http api and couldn't find anything there either.

So: Sorry, "play with..." won't be available - unless it's added to the api sometime.

- opeters - 2011-01-12

That's to bad. Hope it will be in the included in the API.
With this option I can choose it to open an external program that commands my Netgear media player to start playing the selected movie.

And btw it is called "Play using".

- Gozar - 2011-01-12

Hi, Thanks for the beta. It is Working, allthough i have got 2 chrashes Since the update.
But reconstructing the hole Collection Many Times maybe the reason. Smile
Will See....
A Little feature Request:

On the Remote Tab you show the Cover of the yet playing Album, but when you Press it nothing Happens.
One might think that the Same Menu Opens as on the Music Tab.
Than one can Select the Next song, without changing the Tab to Music or Press the skip uttons Many Times..

Many Thanks again for this Great app.
I would buy it again every Time

- grywnn - 2011-01-13

Gozar Wrote:On the Remote Tab you show the Cover of the yet playing Album, but when you Press it nothing Happens.
One might think that the Same Menu Opens as on the Music Tab.
Than one can Select the Next song, without changing the Tab to Music or Press the skip uttons Many Times..

Unfortunately, when querying currently playing or playlist items, i get no database related info whatsoever. Only text representations of album, artist and a thumbnail. So showing any sort of info on the remote would require a library search.
Library search is somewhere on my todo list, so this feature might be added afterwards Smile

- Hidd3nFury - 2011-01-14

Hi, great job with this , by far the best if it's kind in the app store.

The main request that I have is that it be possible to browse my library without xbmc being on. The app clearly caches posters so I can see why it would be too difficult to accomplish. Is this something that might be possible?

The one other thing that would make it perfect for me is if there was an option to use banner.jpg for tv shows as this is how my skin of choice handles it (Alaska).

I'm off to post a 5* review. Keep up the good work!

- grywnn - 2011-01-14

Hidd3nFury Wrote:The main request that I have is that it be possible to browse my library without xbmc being on. The app clearly caches posters so I can see why it would be too difficult to accomplish. Is this something that might be possible?
It already is in a way, it's just taking horribly long before the app uses the cache. I'll review the timeout handling, this feature will be back.

Quote:The one other thing that would make it perfect for me is if there was an option to use banner.jpg for tv shows as this is how my skin of choice handles it (Alaska).
This is something Alaska (and other skins) do by directly accessing the filesystem, bypassing XBMCs internal thumbnail mechanism.
There's no way to do this with the app, sorry.

New feature request - Live TV support - sfar - 2011-01-14

Have you considered, or are you planning, support for Live TV?

What I would like to have as a first step is a list of all channels available with the name of what's currently on and then being able to tap on a channel and have xbmc tune into it.

As a second step it would be great to have the TV-Guide with all future shows.

As a third step I would like to be able to manage recordings from the TV-Guide and have it indicated in the guide if a program is queued for being recorded.

Otherwise, many thanks for your work so far on a very promising app!