Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- Metsadah - 2011-01-25

grywnn Wrote:No idea, just calling basic json commands aon the apps side.
Maybe your using digital passthrough for audio? Cause there's no volume changing for that.

I found out that it only works on avi files with stereo sound. I use the optical out directly to my home cinema set. I can mute on any file though.

- isamu.dragon - 2011-01-25

Movie Sets is where you made your sale.

- thomash72 - 2011-01-26

grywnn Wrote:Atm i'm planning to move the whole layout specific settings from system settings to the options menu, and to offer some new "sub"-layouts: "icons", "small icons" and "list" (depending on content type; icon view in playlists eg. doesn't make much sense).

This is really good news - I really look forward to list based views. Browsing a large music collection is difficult in an icon view, and list based views makes a lot more space available on the small ipad screen.

On a different note: Have you received any feedback from the XBMC developers for API changes allowing reordering of playlists entries, and individual song search support ?
I really miss the feature "play next" and ability to move an individual song within the playlist.

- grywnn - 2011-01-26

Metsadah Wrote:I found out that it only works on avi files with stereo sound. I use the optical out directly to my home cinema set. I can mute on any file though.
XBMC can't manipulate the volume if you're using digital passthrough.
It'd need to decode the audio stream, change it, and re-encode it. Not doing that is what passthrough is about Smile
(Muting is different, that's simply turning the stream on and off)

Quote:On a different note: Have you received any feedback from the XBMC developers for API changes allowing reordering of playlists entries, and individual song search support ?
I really miss the feature "play next" and ability to move an individual song within the playlist.
No feedback yet, but i've just had a quick look at the svn source code and found an "insert" function for playlists that looks promising.

- AgeOfPanic - 2011-01-27

I had Media Companion redownload all my season-all.tbn files as banners. When I switch to banner view for tv shows, the banners still look like they're just cut outs from the posters.
I also noticed that in the official Android remote app, it doesn't always load the banners, even when they are available. So half my shows are banners and half of them use the poster.
I'm just confused why this is not working when I feel I have it setup correctly.

- Bkam - 2011-01-27

AgeOfPanic Wrote:I had Media Companion redownload all my season-all.tbn files as banners. When I switch to banner view for tv shows, the banners still look like they're just cut outs from the posters.
I also noticed that in the official Android remote app, it doesn't always load the banners, even when they are available. So half my shows are banners and half of them use the poster.
I'm just confused why this is not working when I feel I have it setup correctly.

I have 2 of 50 shows that get this , i have removed the app a few times and tried diffrent banners inside xbmc with out anyluck. It has been like this from the first realse of the app.

grywnn , do u have any plans to use your app as a skin for XBMC on ipad. becouse i think i would be soo nice and smooth Smile

- phyrros1 - 2011-01-27

AgeOfPanic Wrote:I had Media Companion redownload all my season-all.tbn files as banners. When I switch to banner view for tv shows, the banners still look like they're just cut outs from the posters.

It is not an issue of the Commander. The banners look like cuts of posters because they are, because you have chosen a poster to show in XBMC instead of a banner. In XBMC (library mode )go to Video/TV-Shows, right-click on a TV-show of your choice, select TV-Show information. In your case, the pic you see here is most likely a poster. To change it to a banner click on "get Thumb"
First you see icons named remote thumbs - wait a bit - XBMC should download various Posters and banners if available. Choose a banner, go back to the Commander, clear the cache - done.
If XMC does not load any pix install Media Companion and let this sw download the pics

Regards

Phyrros

- Bkam - 2011-01-27

Phyrros i use banners in XBMC (you cant mix banner and posters in xbmc the skin are made to choice one , or u can but i will look retarded Smile) and i get the same problem as he does but only 2 shows

- phyrros1 - 2011-01-27

Bkam Wrote:Phyrros i use banners in XBMC (you cant mix banner and posters in xbmc the skin are made to choice one , or u can but i will look retarded Smile) and i get the same problem as he does but only 2 shows

Bkam, for each show you can either choose to show banners or posters and I agree one should stick to one or the other and do not mix. I had the same problems as you guys and found out that XBMC showed posters for some of my shows instead of banners. Did you check the two shows they way I decribed in my previous post ? Don't forget to clear the cache on the Commander after changing.

- pigheadpaul - 2011-01-27

i tried xbmc hd remote/ultimote/hd remote/xbmotec, actually this is the best ui on ipad apps so far, and it's keep updating that's the spirt...
pls fix some small bugs, like a opened movie sets, doesn't showup the subsets folder pics
basiclly it's arsome

- AgeOfPanic - 2011-01-27

phyrros1 Wrote:It is not an issue of the Commander. The banners look like cuts of posters because they are, because you have chosen a poster to show in XBMC instead of a banner. In XBMC (library mode )go to Video/TV-Shows, right-click on a TV-show of your choice, select TV-Show information. In your case, the pic you see here is most likely a poster. To change it to a banner click on "get Thumb"
First you see icons named remote thumbs - wait a bit - XBMC should download various Posters and banners if available. Choose a banner, go back to the Commander, clear the cache - done.
If XMC does not load any pix install Media Companion and let this sw download the pics

Regards

Phyrros

OK. I will try this as soon as I get home. I know that XBMC never really updates it's cache, so maybe that still contains a poster.

- Slipx - 2011-01-27

Thanks for the new version. Fixes the windows file browsing issue. I can't seem to display any pictures though. When I select a folder with pics it shows a stock icon for each of the pictures. When I select a picture it shows a black screen with the loading bar that never moves below the filename of the pic. Selecting display or next on the control xbmc bar on the bottom does nothing. Does not show on xbmc either. Is this a known issue?

- grywnn - 2011-01-27

Slipx Wrote:Thanks for the new version. Fixes the windows file browsing issue. I can't seem to display any pictures though. When I select a folder with pics it shows a stock icon for each of the pictures. When I select a picture it shows a black screen with the loading bar that never moves below the filename of the pic. Selecting display or next on the control xbmc bar on the bottom does nothing. Does not show on xbmc either. Is this a known issue?
Argh this might well be the same issue as with the browsing before (i forgot to escape the backslashes in the path) - i'll have a look at this tomorrow.

- clipper99 - 2011-01-28

Slipx Wrote:Thanks for the new version. Fixes the windows file browsing issue. I can't seem to display any pictures though. When I select a folder with pics it shows a stock icon for each of the pictures. When I select a picture it shows a black screen with the loading bar that never moves below the filename of the pic. Selecting display or next on the control xbmc bar on the bottom does nothing. Does not show on xbmc either. Is this a known issue?

Same for me but it looks like you (grywnn) already know what the problem is.

- grywnn - 2011-01-28

clipper99 Wrote:Same for me but it looks like you (grywnn) already know what the problem is.
Just to be sure:
You're both running XBMC on Windows with a local picture source, right?