Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- Borbosch - 2011-02-09

Hi there!

I bought the App two days ago and am very pleased. Hocked my Ipad to the wall using it to control xbmc including using Http-Requests + Eventghost + IR-Blaster to control my AVR (Power On/Off, Volume).

There is only one thing that is bugging me. The scrolling in the librarys is a bit sluggish. There is a Youtube Video in this thread where it seems much more smooth.

Can i improve this by using other Imagetypes (png, jpg) for the Covers or something else?

- exode - 2011-02-15

I was directed here since a lot of people say this is the best XBMC remote control.

I'm not a computer guru, need help here... Is there a tutorial on how to fill in all what's asked at launch ? Identifier, IP, Port, etc ? And do I need to install some sort of XBMC addon/plugin, ... ?

Thank you for any help.

- grywnn - 2011-02-15

exode Wrote:I was directed here since a lot of people say this is the best XBMC remote control.

I'm not a computer guru, need help here... Is there a tutorial on how to fill in all what's asked at launch ? Identifier, IP, Port, etc ? And do I need to install some sort of XBMC addon/plugin, ... ?

Thank you for any help.

Yes there is.

@everyone
Sorry for being a bit quiet atm, i'm terribly busy at work.
But still working on new features / updates! Wink

To answer some rather old questions:
Quote:Hi, i love this app, but unfortunately I can't use one of the strongest points, namely the keyboard. Whenever I go to YouTube and use the search function I get a time out! Is there any solution for this?
Gave this some tries, and found out that the youtube plugin is somehow blocking xbmcs internal webserver once the search window opens. Since the webserver is used for communication between the app and xbmc, connections time out.
Not much i can do about this other than posting a bug report in the youtube-plugin thread, which i'll do Smile

Edit:
It's actually a bug in XBMCs plugin handling: Whenever you open a virtual keyboard within an addon, the webserver stops responding. I'll report it.

Quote:Can i improve this by using other Imagetypes (png, jpg) for the Covers or something else?
Not much you can do here.
All thumbnails are caches as .png files, and it's the reading from cache (aka file IO) that makes the interface a little sluggish.
Strange thing is: I noticed that the sluggishness changes over time (or is it just me?).

- exode - 2011-02-15

Thank you!

- phyrros1 - 2011-02-15

grywnn Wrote:Yes there is.

@everyone
Sorry for being a bit quiet atm, i'm terribly busy at work.
But still working on new features / updates! Wink

I already started to get worried ;-) the quiet was so unusual....

One question: Is clearing the XBMC Commander cache the only way to update it at the same time ?
After updating the XBMC library the Commander never shows the new entries right away - I always have to clear the cache first.

Regards

Phyrros

- grywnn - 2011-02-15

clearing the cache is the only way to update thumbnail changes.
To get new items, there is an easier way: Hit the small reload button next to the search bar to reload a certain view.
Not very intuitive, i know Smile

- Kenyan - 2011-02-16

Borbosch Wrote:Hi there!

I bought the App two days ago and am very pleased. Hocked my Ipad to the wall using it to control xbmc including using Http-Requests + Eventghost + IR-Blaster to control my AVR (Power On/Off, Volume).

There is only one thing that is bugging me. The scrolling in the librarys is a bit sluggish. There is a Youtube Video in this thread where it seems much more smooth.

Can i improve this by using other Imagetypes (png, jpg) for the Covers or something else?

I initially had that too, but it seemed to go away when I had updated to the new version.

I'm not trying to step on Grywnn's toes, but maybe updating library/ exporting library to single files might help?

All I know is that it was sluggish for the first week, and then over night it seemed to go fast. (I'm sure you mean scrolling down, and the next row of items takes like half a second to appear)

- zepfan - 2011-02-17

New beta works fine for me. I'll play around with it more tongiht. Thanks Grywnn

- phyrros1 - 2011-02-17

grywnn Wrote:clearing the cache is the only way to update thumbnail changes.
To get new items, there is an easier way: Hit the small reload button next to the search bar to reload a certain view.
Not very intuitive, i know Smile

Hi,
Thanks for the hint. The app crashes sometimes when I hit the reload button - let's say 2 times out of 5. Not a big deal but I just want to mention it.

Cheers

Phyrros

- xypus - 2011-02-19

I recently moved my xbmc lib to a central mysql store. This resulted in that I no longer get any thumbnail covers in xbmc commander. Is there any fix for this?

- SofaKng - 2011-02-19

I'm having a little problem...

When I don't use a password for XBMC, this application works great. However, when I add a password it says "Authentication Required" in the app even though I entered my username/password.

Is this a known bug or can I be doing something wrong?

I have a special character in my password but that shouldn't matter since it works with AirPlayer (Python script) and my web browser, etc.

- grywnn - 2011-02-19

sofakng Wrote:Is this a known bug or can I be doing something wrong?

I have a special character in my password but that shouldn't matter since it works with AirPlayer (Python script) and my web browser, etc.
Sorry, it's the special character that i'm url-escaping where i shouldn't.
This is a know bug, already fixed in my codebase. Will be officially fixed with the next update - 1-2 weeks from now.
For now please change your password to something with just characters and numbers.

Quote:I recently moved my xbmc lib to a central mysql store. This resulted in that I no longer get any thumbnail covers in xbmc commander. Is there any fix for this?
No idea atm, will investigate this tomorrow.

- Hidd3nFury - 2011-02-20

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks, sounds promising! Any chance to add an option "cache all videos and music". This function would be great for both the online- as well as the new offline-mode. Thanks!

This is a few pages back now but I want to second this request. I would love to be able to hand my iPad to someone when I'm out of my house and have them look through my collection with info cached in order to select a movie to watch later on.

- kees667 - 2011-02-20

A new and happy user, very impressive program! Smooth and fast!

One thing I can't figure out yet, I always browse music by source/file because I have music organized in a folder structure. I can browse and play files, but how do I play an album (which is a folder). It will now only play one file and stop.

My old XBMC remote had an item in each folder at the top: enqueue folder. Is that possible here as well?

- grywnn - 2011-02-20

I need to write some more documentation Smile
Tap & hold on a folder will popup a dialog to enqueue / play it recursively.