Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- grywnn - 2011-03-05

x-com Wrote:got some issues with the tv-shows. display mode is set to posters. but xbmc commander takes banners and squeezes them to poster size.

i've deleted the posters in xbmc and reloaded them from the internet. cleaned the cache in xbmc commander and reloaded. but the pictures remain squeezed in xbmc commander. xbmc itself and other remote apps (for example xbmotec) display them correctly.

any idea what i'm doing wrong?
Autodetection seems to get it wrong sometimes. Don't know why yet.
Check out the ipads system settings app, theres an option there to force banner / poster mode.

- meridius - 2011-03-05

hi mate just bought your app just waiting for my ipad 2 now shame its 3 weeks away in the uk booo. lol

looking forward to using it, is ther anything i need to know before i pair it up so the pictures are right.

I have Fanart.jpg, Folder.jpg and banner.jpg in each folder and are setup in my lib in movies and tv shows but i dont use banners at all in my views so will the ipad app just get them ?

also does it make a new cache for the ipad app on the computer or ipad or does it just use the same cache that xbmc uses ?

cheers

- x-com - 2011-03-05

grywnn Wrote:Autodetection seems to get it wrong sometimes. Don't know why yet.
Check out the ipads system settings app, theres an option there to force banner / poster mode.

xbmc commander is already set to forced posters. it displays posters (dvds cases) but they're "filled" with squeezed banners, not with posters. which images does the commander seek for on the xbmc machine? i want to make sure that all banners in xbmc are deleted, to the commander can't take the wrong ones.

- grywnn - 2011-03-06

Please everyone, don't confuse a remote control with a skin.
A skin, since "running" on the same machine as XBMC, can look into directories for things like landscape.jpg or banner.png and show these as thumbnails instead of the ones XBMC got scraped.
A remote control can't. I can only present what XBMC gives me as a thumbnail for a certain item via http interface.
So for XBMC Commander to show posters, XBMC itself must be set up to scrape for posters (thats somewhere in the scrapers settings), and all items must be scraped to the library using this setting (just changing it won't help).
I know this can be a pain in the a**, and as far as i know team xbmc is about to change this sooner or later, allowing posters and banners to live side by side.
But right now (apart from some skins that "hack" around this) you'll have to choose once whether you want posters or banners, set up your scraper accordingly, and build your tv show library around this setting.

Again:
XBMC Commander won't download any banners or posters for you. It will "just" display whatever xbmcs interface offers.
It won't directly access your userdata directory or anything else on your htpc.
It will cache all thumbnails and metadata on the ipad for quicker loading though.

- clipper99 - 2011-03-07

grywnn, I don't know if this has been suggested already but here goes.

I find that the "watched" and "new" badges are too similar and would like to see them represented with different colours.

Other than that I don't have any complaints about the latest official version.

Cheers

edit: I'm using the small thumbnail view a lot these days so maybe that is why!? Big Grin

Movies not Showing up in Commander - dibsta - 2011-03-07

Hi ive got a problem i've decided to add my sons films to my libarary
but for some reason they are not showing up in Commander but are in XBMC libarary Mode
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57115311@N07/?saved=1

Films not showing up in Commander - dibsta - 2011-03-08

Disney folder 40 films only 25 Showing in Commander

Disney Multi folder 28 films only 9 Showing in Commander

General Movies folder 69 films only 30 Showing in Commander

General Movies Multi folder 41 films only 3 Showing in Commander

Can anyone help me ive posted above but still no replies
I thought Grywnn might have replied
Here's me thinking hey i've purchesed App maybe i might get some support

ALL Films show up XBMC in Libarary Mode

- clipper99 - 2011-03-08

dibsta Wrote:Disney folder 40 films only 25 Showing in Commander

Jeez, give it some time will ya, it was only 7 hours between your first and second request for help! Big Grin I think grywnn is in Germany so he might be sleeping or something.

It almost sounds to me like you have XBMC Commander set to show unwatched or recently added files only. Make sure the option "unwatched only" is NOT checked and also that "sort order" is set to "by name" and the Genre option is set to "all".

Hope you get it resolved soon!

cheers

Films not showing in Commander - dibsta - 2011-03-08

Jeez I did not know you had to wait a set amount of hours before posting again.
I do have Commander set up correct
Cheers

- isamu.dragon - 2011-03-08

dibsta Wrote:Disney folder 40 films only 25 Showing in Commander

do any of the movies or location paths have the & symbol in it?
I had this problem too, and that's what solved it.
Remove the & and you should fix it so they all show.

- meridius - 2011-03-08

Sorry I thought I would ask a question about the (&) problem.

As I don't have the iPad yet still waiting for the 2nd gen, does this mean I have to look at all my movies and tv show episodes and replace the (& for and) to make it work or will this be fixed in a new update ?

Thanks

- grywnn - 2011-03-08

The "&" issue has been fixed 1 or 2 updates ago.
I'd guess the missing movies are simply due to the fact that XBMC Commander hasn't updated it's movie list yet.
Updates happen when the app starts up, or when it receives a memory warning.
Simply hitting the home button and bringing the app back on doesn't help thanks to multitasking Smile
That's why i've added a small reload button in the options menu next to the search bar. Try hitting that one.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to autodetect library changes.

Films not showing up in commander - dibsta - 2011-03-08

dibsta Wrote:Jeez I did not know you had to wait a set amount of hours before posting again.
I do have Commander set up correct
Cheers

Hi all none of my movies have & in Ive had this issue with & before so I know all my movies have no & in

Ive used the reload button cleared cache etc

- thesilentype - 2011-03-08

grywnn Wrote:XBMCs internal webserver is single threaded, meaning that it can only serve one request at a time. So if a requests "hangs", all further requests will time out.
This was the problem with the keyboard in addons, and i'd guess something like this is the problem here too. Resetting the iPads wifi simply kills the hanging request, allowing xbmc to respond again.
Big question is: What is blocking the webserver?
- what ios version are you running? (aka is it multitasking or not)
- do you have any uncommon addons running?

As to the DVD crashes:
Are you doing anything when it crashes (like navigating through dvd menus)?
Or does it crash while displaying on the remote control screen?

All of my issues disappeared after the last update, so you can ignore my issues Smile Also in the meantime my xbmc system has been reinstalled, so that might be an explanation too. Thx for your response/explanation anyway! Keep up the good work.

XMBC commander connection failed - benedikt - 2011-03-09

Hi,

I'd hoped one of you could help me.
I installed XBMC on my computer (version 10.0) and the app on my ipad.

Even though I followed the instructions, I can't connect. The error shown is: A connection failur occurred
The operation couldn't be completed.
(kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 2)

I also tried it with the fre XBMoteC but it didn't worked.

My computer-iPad connection works for the RDP remote control and for the Air Video app, though.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance,
Benedikt