Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- AgeOfPanic - 2011-03-31

Updated as well. The new fan art layout is amazing. Very good work. This app is getting better and better.
I too have the problem with the remote buttons not working though. I use the info and menu button quite a lot, but no effect in this version. Everything else works fine, gesture control is smoother and more responsive. I didn't change anything since the last version and then the buttons worked well. I looked in the network settings and the control by other systems is definitely on.
Thank you for all the work.

Edit: my app keeps forgetting my settings as well. I use Fanart for everything, but it goes back to bookshelf. Also ordering goes back to by year, when I have it on by name.

Irony - adskee - 2011-03-31

The ultimate irony - I spend months and months trying to find a decent media player. I finally get rid of my stupid WDTV Live and discover XBMC - the most amazing, prettiest, mind-blowing interface you can imagine. Then someone comes along and creates a simple remote control for it that is SO GOOD it renders the actual software itself redundant. Typical! Still, great work. Really.

Just finished sorting out the issue with gestures not working (had to open port 9777 as described). Thought I'd try and figure out Wake On Lan but after I entered my MAC address, now when I SUSPEND the system (Acer Revo), it comes back on again automatically straight away. I deleted the MAC address to see if that was the problem but it still seems to be doing it. Any advice?

Also, new fanart screens are great but with the movie ones, less info is available when using this compared to DVD option - particularly no ratings. Sure it's been mentioned though but it's all I can think of that's wrong with it.

- bluey - 2011-03-31

Just bought it and it looks great. I wish you could add Wake-On-Lan and maybe Zeroconf Support.

- Montevideo - 2011-03-31

Fan art view is amazing. Love it.

Echo the sentiment about it ruining XBMC itself though, as there is now no need to actually use it anymore Laugh

- tvadakia - 2011-03-31

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.1. Before just recently updating XBMC Commander, everything worked great. After updating, a strange bug: after watching a movie (or Tv show, or whatever) and that movie has stopped, I go to the TV section built into XBMC Commander, chose a show, then a season, then an episode, and press play. Instead of playing the TV show I just selected, XBMC Comander plays the last movie I had just got done watching. I installed XBMC Commander on my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.2.1) and the same thing happens.

Just thought you should know.

- viet - 2011-03-31

tvadakia Wrote:iPad 2, iOS 4.3.1. Before just recently updating XBMC Commander, everything worked great. After updating, a strange bug: after watching a movie (or Tv show, or whatever) and that movie has stopped, I go to the TV section built into XBMC Commander, chose a show, then a season, then an episode, and press play. Instead of playing the TV show I just selected, XBMC Comander plays the last movie I had just got done watching. I installed XBMC Commander on my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.2.1) and the same thing happens.

Just thought you should know.

i just d/l this app for the first time yesterday and noticed it right away but if you read the first post in this thread, the developer admitted he is aware of the problem and is already working on it with Apple.

- tvadakia - 2011-03-31

I just looked into my playlist. XBMC Commander is actually playing the last movie I had got done watching, then queues the TV selection into the playlist. Odd behavior.

- tvadakia - 2011-03-31

viet Wrote:i just d/l this app for the first time yesterday and noticed it right away but if you read the first post in this thread, the developer admitted he is aware of the problem and is already working on it with Apple.

No, I went straight to the end of the thread. Thank you. Apologies to the developer!!!

- Nacmacfeegle - 2011-04-01

Nice update I'm liking the fanart support.

- clipper99 - 2011-04-01

Nacmacfeegle Wrote:Nice update I'm liking the fanart support.

Huh

I just grabbed the update...what fanart support? Can't seem to find a setting for that.

PS grywnn..like the new "new" badges!

Cheers

- meridius - 2011-04-01

Hi i dont own an ipad yet but just noticed this is out on the iphone now

but there seems to be problems with it.

problem

1, when you watch a tv show or movie and stop it or finished watching it and then you select a different movie or tv show it just keeps playing the first program you selected when you first loaded up xbmc. even shutting down the remote app does not fix this you have to shut down xbmc to be able to select a different movie or tv show to play but then you get the same problem again.

2, Shortcuts that dont work at all are (Info, OSD, menu, subtitles) the other ones seem to work

3 i can not get tv shows to display as banners only posters

hope this
helps cheers

- Nacmacfeegle - 2011-04-01

clipper99 Wrote:Huh

I just grabbed the update...what fanart support? Can't seem to find a setting for that.

PS grywnn..like the new "new" badges!

Cheers

top right "options">layout>fanart and details>fanart

but I think some player controls are broken. Didn't get a chance to fully test it before I postedBlush

Shame, it looks really nice now. I'm sure it will get sorted in due course.

Meridius? was I chatting with you on the AVForums about WDTVs?

- clipper99 - 2011-04-01

Nacmacfeegle Wrote:top right "options">layout>fanart and details>fanart

but I think some player controls are broken. Didn't get a chance to fully test it before I postedBlush

I don't know how I missed that! I checked there so it must have been the complete shutdown and restart that made that option appear. Thanks!

VERY cool grywnn!!!

- Gotcha007 - 2011-04-01

meridius Wrote:2, Shortcuts that dont work at all are (Info, OSD, menu, subtitles) the other ones seem to work

Same issue for me on my iPad and my iPhone

- meridius - 2011-04-01

Nacmacfeegle Wrote:top right "options">layout>fanart and details>fanart

yep prob, lol

I bought this app for the ipad but i have not got it yet and noticed it for the iphone.

the fanart option is not there on the iphone.

can not get the banners to work with the tv shows