Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- fhfiapwg - 2011-05-27

I've just updated to the new version and the Enqueue Album feature still does not work on the iphone Sad

Any word on when this will be fixed? Smile

- grywnn - 2011-05-27

fhfiapwg Wrote:I've just updated to the new version and the Enqueue Album feature still does not work on the iphone Sad

Any word on when this will be fixed? Smile

Oops sorry, with my vacation and all i missed to fix that one...
Well, i'm collecting a few small bugfixes at the moment, will post an update in a few days.
Bugs that will be fixed are atm:
- Downloading all tv show items crashes
- Pulldown controls sometimes don't work when playing video
- Enqueue album button on iPhone / iPod
- Long tap gesture opens context ("c") instead of osd ("m")

- JustinAiken - 2011-05-27

grywnn Wrote:My bad!
I'm writing all images > 100.000 pixels to the iPad temporary directory, which gets purged by the system on a regular basis. Everything below 100k goes into a permanent cache.
The intention was to make cached fanart disappear automatically after some time, freeing precious ipad memory.
Now guess what: Banners are scaled to 768x141 - which is 108.288 pixels.
I'll adjust the limit Smile

Thanks! Smile

- crud - 2011-05-27

gotta say the fanart being under the remote section may be the coolest thing i have ever seen in any app for xbmc, amazing work.

- Bkam - 2011-05-27

crud Wrote:gotta say the fanart being under the remote section may be the coolest thing i have ever seen in any app for xbmc, amazing work.

i agree really like the fanart view Smile

grywnn , just wanted to now that you are in line soo far with the nightl Smile ( now that they can break stuff )
Soo i updated to a nightly, but that made my commander app just show 10 movies really strange worked fine before, soo i deleted the app and redownload it an everything works finw exept i cant download cash for my tv serie it crash the app every time, but it works for my movies and musik , realy strange

- grywnn - 2011-05-27

crashes when downloading tv shows will be fixed, see four posts above.
Got one more for the list of things that will be fixed in the next few days:
- Adding a second server or editing an existing crashes the app on iPhone / iPod.

- jackmeehan - 2011-05-27

@grywnn: If you change the IP address of a server all data has to be re-cached. Is this expected behaviour?

- Japaja - 2011-05-27

crud Wrote:gotta say the fanart being under the remote section may be the coolest thing i have ever seen in any app for xbmc, amazing work.

Is this iPad only feature?

- grywnn - 2011-05-27

@jackmeehan
Yep, since the cache is request based, and changing the ip changes the request.
Again, reviewing the caching mechanisms is quite high on my list.

@Japaja
Yep, no fanart related stuff on the iPhone, too little space for that.

grywnn Wrote:@jackmeehan
Yep, since the cache is request based, and changing the ip changes the request.
Again, reviewing the caching mechanisms is quite high on my list.

@Japaja
Yep, no fanart related stuff on the iPhone, too little space for that.
Alright cool, thanks for the reply.

Also, is it possible to get fanart behind remote for tv shows aswel?

- grywnn - 2011-05-27

Fanart returned by xbmc for tvshows is episode based.
Most of us (including me) don't have fanart set up down to the episode level, thats why nothing is shown there.
Sounds weird, but when i query xbmc for the currently playing episode, it's quite hard to get back to the corresponding tv show from there.

I remember reading a discussion on the dev forum about return show level fanart with the episode, but i must admit i'm not up to date as to the status...

- fhfiapwg - 2011-05-27

grywnn Wrote:Oops sorry, with my vacation and all i missed to fix that one...
Well, i'm collecting a few small bugfixes at the moment, will post an update in a few days.
Bugs that will be fixed are atm:
- Downloading all tv show items crashes
- Pulldown controls sometimes don't work when playing video
- Enqueue album button on iPhone / iPod
- Long tap gesture opens context ("c") instead of osd ("m")

Sounds great. Thanks for your work.

One other thing: not sure if XBMC will support it, but a quick and simple way of rating individual songs via Commander as they are playing would be superb. It's the one thing I miss from the Apple iTunes Remote app...

One more feature request: A "random" button for TV show episodes.

i.e. you tap into "South Park" or something and you get a list of seasons and also a "Play Random Episode" button.

- Memphiz - 2011-05-28

great app - i'm a long time user and updated yesterday ... it seems to be a regression there because i can't play youtube videos to xbmc anymore (it just does nothing).

thanks for fixing the play button and the overall great work you've done already Smile

memphiz
ps: using atv2 with xbmc build from git master some days ago - yt addon is installed and up to date

- Montevideo - 2011-05-28

jackmeehan Wrote:One more feature request: A "random" button for TV show episodes.

i.e. you tap into "South Park" or something and you get a list of seasons and also a "Play Random Episode" button.

+1 for that from me... Would be nice.